Photo

Custom Sticks

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#181 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

Can anyone who has ordered warrior sticks share what there experience was like and the kinds of options there were to choose from?

Is there specific options you are after? The options provided on Warrior customizer is a good place to start.

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#182 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Is there specific options you are after? The options provided on Warrior customizer is a good place to start.

Really just a pro players curve and the f4r build is what I'd like to be able to do

#183 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Really just a pro players curve and the f4r build is what I'd like to be able to do

shouldnt be an issue depending on how much the local Hockey shop wants to work. My first order of warriors were kovy curved G3LR. My next batch was supposed to be a similar curve in a different construction. But I passed on them to order more Bauer's

@myfriendmonty

#184 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

shouldnt be an issue depending on how much the local Hockey shop wants to work. My first order of warriors were kovy curved G3LR. My next batch was supposed to be a similar curve in a different construction. But I passed on them to order more Bauer's

Well that's good to hear thanks for confirmation. What hockey shop did you go through if you don't mind my asking? I'll probably be getting in touch with mine very soon now!

#185 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

I don't go through a shop. but the local shops I checked into around Vancouver B.C. all said they could order the sticks the way I wanted. just be clear that you are not wanting to order off of Warriors Customizer and it shouldn't be an issue

@myfriendmonty

#186 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

I don't go through a shop. but the local shops I checked into around Vancouver B.C. all said they could order the sticks the way I wanted. just be clear that you are not wanting to order off of Warriors Customizer and it shouldn't be an issue

Good info, thanks. I was strongly considering placing an order with Warrior here in the coming weeks, but I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I could specify what lie I wanted. Seems like that shouldn't be an issue, though.

#187 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Good info, thanks. I was strongly considering placing an order with Warrior here in the coming weeks, but I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I could specify what lie I wanted. Seems like that shouldn't be an issue, though.

well if they have the curve on file it shouldn't be an issue, or they should be able to offer a very similar curve

@myfriendmonty

#188 romdj

romdj
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

So let's say I want to order a stick with a pattern that's unheard of and don't have a sample, is there any company that provides some sort of program to create your custom pattern?

#189 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

Did you get the Kovy pro that I'd a modified kreps? I saw your stick on hockey community. I can't tell the curve but I it looks like the newer version.

#190 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

So let's say I want to order a stick with a pattern that's unheard of and don't have a sample, is there any company that provides some sort of program to create your custom pattern?

If you have the money you can have the curve made but expect to pay $1000+. Or you can go to TRUE and they'll do it for "free", in quotes because their sticks are about $50 more expensive per than other companies. But other companies would charge you literal thousands to make a new mold, so at the end of the day it's much cheaper to use TRUE.

You would need examples of the curve you want to make. So say I want to have a P92 but with a P91 blade shape. I'd need to send in 2 sticks, one with a P92 and one with a P91. Or I could send in a P91 and say "make me a TC1 (or whatever TRUE's P92 curve is) with this blade shape please." You won't get the sticks back so if you have a broken one to send in that would be best. Just know that they need at least 20 cm from the hosel up to copy the curve.

Custom everything.

#191 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Did you get the Kovy pro that I'd a modified kreps? I saw your stick on hockey community. I can't tell the curve but I it looks like the newer version.

It's his curve from his QR1 sticks from a few years ago. Far more toe then a kreps. I have since seen newer kovy sticks on PSH with a different curve.

@myfriendmonty

#192 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

How is the rocker, blade length and face?

I'm using the newer perron pro and imagine it's pretty similar.

#193 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

It's alright.

I have switched back to using my Fischer kreps Bauer sticks as I wasn't a huge fan of the warrior sticks.

@myfriendmonty

#194 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

It depends on what version of the Perron you're using, but the only common things they have is that they're toe curves and lower lies. The Kovalchuk pro is closed, flat rocker, and a shorter blade. The Perron is open at the toe, huge rocker, and a longer blade.

#195 kc83

kc83

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

It's no where near any Perron curve stick I have ever seen, Perron curves are usually Kovalev clones, which are pretty much flat until the toe and the toe isn't as big as the kovy, but it is also slightly open... The original kovy that I have is closed and a big toe.. the more recent kovy curves are slightly open but a big toe

#196 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

I have many variations of the old kovy pro and the old perron which is the mirrored kovalev.

Recently I got the perron pro in the tacks line which is a bigger toe modified kreps. Some of the new kovy look the same but I imagine less open and a flatter rocker.

#197 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

@Burekovy

On a side note to the discussion

I'm really interested in picking up a couple of Perron Tack's but haven't used his sticks for a while (using Base Kovalev's now). How do you find the kick point and blade feel on these? Is it still a 5 lie?

#198 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Malcb33 I'll send you a PM and not flood the forum.

#199 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Does CCM offer custom colors at all? Or will they in the future?

I don't think so. Even in the KHL (where pros play with the colors of their gear much more to match the colors of their respective teams) they use yellow Super Tacks, red RBZs, and green Ribcors.

Custom everything.

#200 Adam

Adam

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Custom colours have been on the way out for a few years now, unless you go through mybauer Warrior is the only one that offers a variation of it, but even then it's mainly because they're the only ones still painting the colour of their shafts where as Bauer and CCM have shifted more towards accents on the carbon weave.