Photo

Custom Sticks

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#201 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

If the minimum order with a company is 6, would you get a slight more discount if you ordered 8 or 10?

#202 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

^ I don't think so, but I've only ever ordered 6 at a time.

Custom colours have been on the way out for a few years now, unless you go through mybauer Warrior is the only one that offers a variation of it, but even then it's mainly because they're the only ones still painting the colour of their shafts where as Bauer and CCM have shifted more towards accents on the carbon weave.

When I got my TRUEs made I asked if they could do custom colors (replace the blue with red) and was told that perhaps in the future that would be a possibility but that right now they want to focus on building brand recognition which meant sticking with silver and blue for the time being.

Custom everything.

#203 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

If the minimum order with a company is 6, would you get a slight more discount if you ordered 8 or 10?

Not generally, no, unless it's discounted by the shop you're buying from

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#204 Hodgey47

Hodgey47
  • LocationOntario

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

does anyone have a Warrior order sheet?

Always looking for Moose/Jets equipment

#205 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

does anyone have a Warrior order sheet?

I recently placed a Warrior custom order, and a pro rep contacted me directly to help me figure out my specs. I asked him for a spec sheet, but he said there isn't really one, and it would be too complicated to just have everything on one sheet, so he talked me through my options. Here's what I wrote down:

Shaft constructions

F4: Fused, mid kick

T3: True one-piece, low kick

T4: True one-piece, mid kick

G3: Low fused tapered .520 shaft/blade, mid kick (different flex profile than F4/T4 though)

Blade constructions / Stick materials

L: Light blade kit (lighter foams)

R: Ribs in blade (makes blade slightly stiffer)

N: Reinforced neck / hosel

LR: See above

LRN: See above

QR: New materials (superseded L/R/N construction, more durable)

QRL: New materials, lighter

QRX: New materials, extra stiff blade

Blade stiffness options: Soft, regular, stiff, x-stiff

He essentially told me that there is no such thing as a pro version of a retail stick. The constructions and materials are completely different. (e.g. "QR" has nothing to do with the covert QR1/QRL). Also, I asked about the "X-stitch" blade (of Kovalchuk fame), and he said they don't make it anymore because of durability concerns.

Also, a note on indicated flex: If a stick is ordered at a custom length (anything other than 60"), the indicated flex is the flex AT THAT LENGTH. Therefore, if you order a stick at 55" length and 75 flex, it will be just as whippy uncut as an uncut 60" 75 flex stick. If you were to cut down the 60" stick to 55", it would be stiffer than the 55" stick. Essentially, in pro stock sticks Warrior fine tunes the flex to the custom length of the stick; it's not just an extension or a cut shaft.

#206 Adam

Adam

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

I heard from a player when warrior was trying to get him in their sticks that the pro rep had a binder full of all the pro custom options so that they could build him the perfect stick.

#207 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Also, a note on indicated flex: If a stick is ordered at a custom length (anything other than 60"), the indicated flex is the flex AT THAT LENGTH. Therefore, if you order a stick at 55" length and 75 flex, it will be just as whippy uncut as an uncut 60" 75 flex stick. If you were to cut down the 60" stick to 55", it would be stiffer than the 55" stick. Essentially, in pro stock sticks Warrior fine tunes the flex to the custom length of the stick; it's not just an extension or a cut shaft.

Well shit, I wish I would have known this prior to placing my order a few days ago.  Contacting my guy now, hopefully they can change this for me....

#208 Mimizk

Mimizk

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Well shit, I wish I would have known this prior to placing my order a few days ago.  Contacting my guy now, hopefully they can change this for me....

I ordered my custom Alpha QX on February. But still waiting it because of the flex problem.

I had heard about the relationship of "Custom Length" option as same as Mr Data wrote here. Also I made confirmation it to Warrior through a local shop. They answered that they could.

So I decided to order my sticks 80flex to 54". But the delivered sticks were 80flex to 60"(normal length) and just only cut down to 54" before shipped. After that, they said that they couldn't produce sticks with such tuning for non-pro. It doesn't mean that completely they don't have ability for such producing. They do that for NHLers, but don't for ordinary people's order.

So I'm really interested in sharks_throwaway's sticks. If the sticks which will be delivered to sharks_throwaway were tuned properly to "Custom Length" option, I will contact with Warrior.

Warrior has said me that they can't "Custom Lengh/flex" for me. SoI changed my ordering sheet 60flex to 60". I've been waiting my stick still now. Maybe it will be arrived within next month.

#209 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Fortunately, I was able to change my order... here's what my contact said:

"In regards to the question you had for length/ flex, as far as I know, the flex would be built into the length of the stick... I did talk to our Warrior rep this morning about it and he's going to confirm this with their production guys so even though we're going with a standard length stick, I'll get you an answer ASAP just so we both know for future reference."

#210 Mimizk

Mimizk

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

I want to hear their answer too.

Please share it here if you could receive it.

#211 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Response from my contact: 

"Warrior did say that the stick would have more whip if you were to extend the length so you would probably have to go up in flex if you needed the extra length." 

#212 Mimizk

Mimizk

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Response from my contact: 

"Warrior did say that the stick would have more whip if you were to extend the length so you would probably have to go up in flex if you needed the extra length." 

Thank you for your report,

But my feelings are complicated...

I wanted to make my sticks 80flex against 55". (It would be roughly 55~60flex in standard stick length)

After I've received a half dozen of wrong specification sticks, I was told that Warrior can't make "custom length in custom flex". I got the report through my local shop and distributor.

So I didn't have any choices. I changed my specification from 80flex against 55" to 60flex against standard 60".

Additionally, I want to write down my another disappointed thing. I've already written that I changed my specification to 60flex though, my real wish was 55flex against standard stick length. Previously we could choose it. But now Warrior's minimum flex number is 60. So I chose it.

If Warrior was really able to make custom sticks as "custom length in custom flex", I didn't choose 60flex.

I will have a contact again with my local shop. My sticks have not been delivered yet.

#213 Gongshow

Gongshow

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

When will the Alpha be on the customizer?

#214 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Warrior customs are like $230 without even letting you do a custom blade mould? Seems like... not worth.

Custom everything.

#215 Gongshow

Gongshow

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Will the Ak27 SL be on the customizer?

#216 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

Your guess is about as good as mine, but you can get it if you order the full custom (6 pack one).

Custom everything.

#217 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Your guess is about as good as mine, but you can get it if you order the full custom (6 pack one).

This actually is not the case apparently.

Tried to place an order with the AK27 graphics and my rep said the following:

"We have a very limited supply of these decals in TJ. This stick is made for retail in China, so we only brought over a small amount for pro players to promote the product. We can do a QX or QRL custom decal setup over the gold paint."

Pretty lame.

#218 dlew308

dlew308
  • LocationPeople's Republic of SoKal

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

"We have a very limited supply of these decals in TJ. This stick is made for retail in China, so we only brought over a small amount for pro players to promote the product. We can do a QX or QRL custom decal setup over the gold paint."

Pretty lame.

Very lame........

#219 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Pretty lame.

I was lied to! By you! #feelingbetrayed

Seriously, for $230 a pop you should be able to get any graphic on the market currently.

Custom everything.

#220 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

I was lied to! By you! #feelingbetrayed

Seriously, for $230 a pop you should be able to get any graphic on the market currently.

Hahaha my bad man. First guy I talked to said it was doable then the higher ups shut it down I guess.

Asking for white Alpha now, hopefully they'll let that fly.