Photo

Custom Sticks

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#221 Kimo91

Kimo91

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

What's the best way to get a pro pattern for warrior?  Bauer has the whole player ID number along with iteration for that player (XXXX-XX) but don't most playershave a few different versions of their curve?  How do you specify which one?

#222 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Some blades have an ID label on the hosel which may help

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#223 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

What's the best way to get a pro pattern for warrior?  Bauer has the whole player ID number along with iteration for that player (XXXX-XX) but don't most playershave a few different versions of their curve?  How do you specify which one?

My last batch I was asked for the numbers on the bottom shiny sticker in Warriors. that seemed to work for my rep

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#224 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hahaha my bad man. First guy I talked to said it was doable then the higher ups shut it down I guess.

Asking for white Alpha now, hopefully they'll let that fly.

I tried to order some custom QRLs with stock graphics and was told nope....

#225 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

Warrior customs are like $230 without even letting you do a custom blade mould? Seems like... not worth.

They're very expensive from my experience, but that all depends on which Warrior dealer you go to. At least in Montreal, hockey retailers aren't very interested in Warrior customs, so they upcharge you a shit ton. As for customs, the rep I dealt with said if I ordered 12 they could do a custom pattern, with no additional fee.

#226 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

My last batch I was asked for the numbers on the bottom shiny sticker in Warriors. that seemed to work for my rep

Can confirm that the serial number on the sticker is an option. My guy also told me that if you know the curve you want and WHEN it was used by the player, they can look it up in their system. For my most recent stick, I wanted Oshie's curve before he went to an actual Ovie clone. I knew the curve I wanted was used by TJ during the Sochi games, so I told my guy that I wanted the curve he was using in February 2014 and they were able to match it.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#227 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Can confirm that the serial number on the sticker is an option. My guy also told me that if you know the curve you want and WHEN it was used by the player, they can look it up in their system. For my most recent stick, I wanted Oshie's curve before he went to an actual Ovie clone. I knew the curve I wanted was used by TJ during the Sochi games, so I told my guy that I wanted the curve he was using in February 2014 and they were able to match it.

I love his curve soooo much but ever since he stopped using warrior and prostockhockey stopped selling his twigs I've had to change it up. I may have to try going your route!

#228 JoshV70

JoshV70
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

I've been playing with my collection of a specific Bauer pro stock player stick since 2012.  Unfortunately, that player is now retired and almost all of my stock has softened, or broken.  With that said, since the sticks have the player code, would it be possible for me to order more through a Bauer custom order?  Not particularly interested in re-learning a new stick/blade so I'm hoping this is an option.  Thanks in advance.

#229 Mimizk

Mimizk

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

emxvvdT.jpg

I've got.

Original curve (pro stock Kessel modified)

Strongest grip

60flex to standard length of Warrior (I cut down 15cm)

#230 Adam

Adam

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

I've been playing with my collection of a specific Bauer pro stock player stick since 2012. Unfortunately, that player is now retired and almost all of my stock has softened, or broken. With that said, since the sticks have the player code, would it be possible for me to order more through a Bauer custom order? Not particularly interested in re-learning a new stick/blade so I'm hoping this is an option. Thanks in advance.

Bauer unfortunately doesn't offer customs at the retail level unless you have an in with A pro rep. your best bet is going to be either warrior or ccm.. or sher wood depending on what you want done.

you could always post the specs of said player and maybe a member here knows a current player using Bauers and the same specs.

#231 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

I've been playing with my collection of a specific Bauer pro stock player stick since 2012.  Unfortunately, that player is now retired and almost all of my stock has softened, or broken.  With that said, since the sticks have the player code, would it be possible for me to order more through a Bauer custom order?  Not particularly interested in re-learning a new stick/blade so I'm hoping this is an option.  Thanks in advance.

Nope. Unless you personally know a pro rep, the best you can do is get a pack of customs with one of the stock blade patterns (the offerings are the same as my Bauer but with a few more like P71, P72, P08, etc. etc.) But you cannot get say a Jamie Benn curve even if you have the mould ID from the blade itself or the player ID number + build variant. I've tried. It sucks. Never seen a company so adverse to making money off a willing customer.

I don't know CCM's pricing for custom mould, but they do let you order pro curves if you know the player's E code.

According to others in this thread, Warrior will waive the new mould fee if you buy 12 sticks.

TRUE will not charge you any fee for full custom curve at the minimum 6 sticks. You just need to supply a full stick for them to copy, can't just send a hosel. I would go with TRUE if you want to copy that curve.

Custom everything.

#232 Mimizk

Mimizk

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

TRUE will not charge you any fee for full custom curve at the minimum 6 sticks. You just need to supply a full stick for them to copy, can't just send a hosel. I would go with TRUE if you want to copy that curve.

Sounds interesting...
Can True make custom sticks at the minimum 3 sticks if we have already had own mold?

#233 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

That I do not know. Another thing about TRUE: they can even modify the curve you send them no charge.

Custom everything.

#234 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

That I do not know. Another thing about TRUE: they can even modify the curve you send them no charge.

Every time I read this it makes me want to go try a TRUE stick. I keep going back and forth between Warrior and Bauer but running low on sticks so have to figure something out for spring.

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#235 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

I would absolutely go with TRUE. Really the only downside is they only have 3 (or 4) stick options to choose from: 6.0 SBP, 5.2 SBP, and 9 ACF (not sure if they offer the 7 ACF). And those sticks all pretty much play the same in terms of flex; just that the weight and blade feel will be different, which doesn't matter if you're going to be choosing a custom stiffness rating anyway.

FWIW, I use the stiffest blade offering they have and while it's not as stiff as a CCM XX-stiff blade (that's the only aspect about my CCM prostocks I prefer over the TRUEs) it's definitely more lively than Bauer's PowerSense2 blade.

Custom everything.

#236 JoshV70

JoshV70
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the reply, guys.  Really stinks that Bauer won't make anything because I'm certain no one else in the league is using a Briere curve.  As for TRUE, how does the stiffness of their sticks compare to Bauer (I know that Easton's always felt a little softer in comparison).  How would I go about ordering 6 TRUE custom sticks, what is the timeframe, and approximate cost per stick?  Thanks again.

#237 Adam

Adam

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

alot of those questions can be answered if you actually reach out to the people who would make the sticks.

doesn't briere use some kind of wedge?

#238 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

I use a 75 flex TRUE and definitely feels like a 75 flex.

Custom everything.

#239 ryanmonty

ryanmonty

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just got my custom true order so i'll try to help out if i can.

Thanks for the reply, guys.  Really stinks that Bauer won't make anything because I'm certain no one else in the league is using a Briere curve.  As for TRUE, how does the stiffness of their sticks compare to Bauer (I know that Easton's always felt a little softer in comparison).  How would I go about ordering 6 TRUE custom sticks, what is the timeframe, and approximate cost per stick?  Thanks again.

-i find bauers to play a little stiff. i used 77 in the supreme line and have used both 75(little soft for me) and 85 (little stiff for me) in the A series. i got my custom at 80flex and it feels perfect.

-where to order? your local hockey store. i went to source for sports. hockey supremacy was also willing to do it. 

-cost is at the stores discretion, i'd suggest calling a couple.

-timeframe ... i was originally told 4 weeks. i believe i read on here actually, that if you send in a blade it can take an extra week to make a mold so that plus a week for me to ship my blade to them. also, in my case there was an extra week for shutdown and an extra week as they had issues with the mold. so for me from the time i placed the order it took about 7 weeks.

-i had also tried to get a blacked out version with just a single true decal that i saw here a few pages back but i was told no way jose.

alot of those questions can be answered if you actually reach out to the people who would make the sticks.

doesn't briere use some kind of wedge?

bingo, i sent a few emails and got most of my answers before placing my order.

i'm curious to know how that process works?  drawings sent back and forth or something?

#240 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

i'm curious to know how that process works?  drawings sent back and forth or something?

I didn't have any such experience but I'm sure if you wanted more extreme mods done you could have communications like this. I just said I wanted them to lower the lie on the curve I sent in.

Custom everything.