Photo

Custom Sticks

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#81 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

When was the last time you inquired? The guys who used to rep Warrior in Vancouver are sticking to lacrosse. Warrior's hockey accounts in BC are now handled through the company that previously repped Easton. Things might have changed since then.

Thanks for the heads up! I originally inquired with cyclones and THS just during last summer in which both places told me they checked with warrior and were told its a no go.

I will check with them again this summer as I still have a few sticks left from my Bauer order. Warrior was always my #1 choice do hopefully things have changed

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#82 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

I don't like any of Warrior's current offerings (if only they still had the Dolomite build).

And my LHSes don't have contacts with a Bauer pro rep.

G3R is as close to a dolomite build as you will get. It's what I got on my first ever batch of Warrior customs. I pm'd Keith from Warrior about it on MSH a few years back and he said it was their pro version. Granted this could have changed over the years, and I'm sure there are variations to the build (weight, shaft dimensions, etc.) but if you're thinking classic dolomite, G3R is your best option.

Have you looked into Base Hockey? One owner came from Inno who sold their designs and models to Warrior. I believe one of their sticks has the classic Dolo build and I think they have 4 sticks out right now with a ton of custom options, curve, flex, color, height, polar fiber....you get the drift. Have 4 sticks from them myself, and was a HUGE Dolo fan and still have a handful. The Base twigs are extremely close in shape, feel, and kick point IMO. Just a thought.

#83 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

Warrior has released their stick customizer, they were not lying when they said their would be a lot of options

@myfriendmonty

#84 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Warrior has released their stick customizer, they were not lying when they said their would be a lot of options

link??

LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#85 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

http://www.warrior.c...ockeyCustomGear

@myfriendmonty

#86 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

thanks...

LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#87 Butter88

Butter88

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

Anyone know if you can see pics of the curves??

#88 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:46 PM

That would be nice because I don't know what some of warriors older curves look like and then the pro curves as well

#89 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:15 AM

I had a Zetterberg Pro. It was a mid-heel curve. Kinda Drury and Darby like. I believe it was a lie 4.5 on the Warrior scale.

From memory on the old customzer, the Slovak was a Hossa Pro clone and the Kremlin was the "Crazy Ovi" curve (more extreme than the P08 by Bauer).

The "Sleanne" Pro and Pacioretty Pro are new for this customizer to my knowledge. As is the #92 (W92), but my guess is that is a different lie version of the W03. Kinda like Sherwood did with their retail patterns of that curve (I think it was PP26 Stasny as a lie 5.5 or 6 and the PP92 Trouba was a lie 5).

The other numbered patters are discontinued retail patterns.

Smyth (W06) is very similar to the P46 by CCM. Low lie deep mid curve, not that open.

Vanek (W04) is a very shallow mid-heel that is not very open. Low lie.

Robitalle (W07) I never owned but heard its kinda Shannhan/P10 mixed with P88 like.High'ish lie though. I might be wrong, do a search.

Kovalchuck (W08) was their version of the P88 before they released the W88. IIRC it had a lower lie, was a little shorter in length and had a different shaped toe. It was kinda like an Iginla and W88 combined.

Gionta (W10) will likely be a big seller. Its a tamer version of the W28. Lower lie, less rocker, not as deep, not as open. 

I gotta say I like all of the options. Kinda wish they would have offered less curves and more lie options. IMO lie is the most important thing. I would love a lower lie version of a W71. A lot of their offerings come close, but its not the full cigar.

Love that barber-pole grip (aka candy cane) and rounded corners are an option.

~Sam~

#90 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

Was anyone able to order yet? I see it gives you and option to find retailer but that's it. Previously, I remember being able to submit your order then the retailer would call you.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#91 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hopefully this gets Bauer to open up their customization options some more. I would love a 1N flex profile with a 1X blade (not that Warrior is letting you mix and match either but at least they're giving you more color changing options as well as team logo and shaft dimension options.)

Custom everything.

#92 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before but I haven't seen anything yet so how would someone go about an nhl-custom order with Bauer because my lhs wasn't any help...

#93 Adam

Adam

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before but I haven't seen anything yet so how would someone go about an nhl-custom order with Bauer because my lhs wasn't any help...

Your best bet would be by being in the NHL

#94 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Your best bet would be by being in the NHL

You gotta do what you gotta do

#95 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

It's their choice not to do it. Just go to another hockey store who will.

Most stores don't make any $ doing it so it's pretty much a waste of time for them. There are however a few stores that will do it no problem, just call around
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#96 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

Hopefully this gets Bauer to open up their customization options some more. I would love a 1N flex profile with a 1X blade (not that Warrior is letting you mix and match either but at least they're giving you more color changing options as well as team logo and shaft dimension options.)

Hahahahaha when pigs fly...
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#97 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

It's their choice not to do it. Just go to another hockey store who will.

Most stores don't make any $ doing it so it's pretty much a waste of time for them. There are however a few stores that will do it no problem, just call around

It seems counterintuitive from a business perspective to not do it simply because it's not worth the money. If I found a LHS that would be able to order custom Bauer sticks in my specs, I would be more likely to go to them to buy whatever I would need otherwise (protective, tape, sharpenings, etc.)

Custom everything.

#98 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Not at all. If it's not profitable why bother? The margin is so small unless they jack the prices up... Most people don't go in and say I'll pay whatever the price haha.

Every store that's an authorized retailer of a brand, say Bauer, can do custom orders. Every single one. Some don't have the knowledge about it which is fine (it's an easy email to their Bauer rep if you ask) but every authorized retailer has the power to submit a custom order. Most can't be bothered or even know the different options though. Retail gear is a lot more profitable as well.

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#99 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

It shouldn't matter if it's not profitable. Chances are I'll be the only customer to do ask for it to be done, so it's not as if they'll be spending a lot of their time doing this. If everything goes well, then I'll only ask once and they'll only need to spend that time once. But if they're willing to go that extra distance, I'd be more willing to spend more money at their shop buying stuff that does have higher profit margins, especially if they're not the only store in the area. If they feed me some BS like this one LHS told me the minimum was 12 and that it was $200/stick, which from what I've learned on here is a lie, I'm going to be less inclined to spend money there buying whatever, maybe choosing instead to shop online. So now they've just lost a potential longtime customer because they weren't willing to fulfill a customer's request.

Custom everything.

#100 Adam

Adam

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:06 PM

For Bauer if the curve isn't on file that is surprisingly accurate for sticks. Keep in mind what you're asking for is like 0.002% of their operation, so would it feasibly make sense for them to do all the running around getting in touch with the right people which can also be a hassle, from experience, and bend over to make you happy for a product that you can probably realistically find already in a pro database, so yes, in many cases it's not worth the headaches for lhs' to go through with this. Especially at this time of the season.

But for the record, custom is minimum 12 if they have the stick on file, Prices vary depending on lhs, but 200 is relatively mid range depending on brand and model etc unless it's on an account that orders multitude of custom batches, like a college or junior team.

A lot of people have this misconception that if you order 12 sticks you get some sort of price break, that isn't the case. You're buying 12 "one of" sticks for lack of a better term, so don't be surprised if they aren't cheap.