Photo

VERBERO ICE HOCKEY GLOVE REVIEW

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

Oh I thought you mentioned you had tried them...hmmm well it would be nice to get a pair to you since you'd have the most experience and time with their product.

I response to what you both said above, yeah, I imagine people like free stuff. I mean if you gave a high school kid a free stick or gloves I'm sure they'd freak out and get all excited and be totally swayed by the free-factor. But coming from my perspective, I've owned 100's of pro stock gloves ( > 50 gloves at the moment, a lot of which cost me quite a lot to acquire) so a freebee pair gloves means nearly nothing to me. Additionally, Id probably be the worst guy to send gloves to being that the basis for my comparison would be Crosby's, Ovi's, Stammer's and JTs gloves as opposed to some random retail model from last year.

But, that being said I do agree. That's why it's nice having multiple opinions in this thread but it would be most fruitful to have them on the same pair of gloves rather than a different model. But nonetheless. It helps inform anyone looking into buying a pair of verberos gloves, lower or higher end, and I'm glad we cl have people who think critically about this stuff before taking anything as gospel.

#22 Adam

Adam

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

I mean if you gave a high school kid a free stick or gloves I'm sure they'd freak out and get all excited and be totally swayed by the free-factor.

You'd be surprised how many people think that free automatically means it's the best product they've ever used. Regardless of whether or not it's actually any good.

#23 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

Oh I thought you mentioned you had tried them...hmmm well it would be nice to get a pair to you since you'd have the most experience and time with their product.

I response to what you both said above, yeah, I imagine people like free stuff. I mean if you gave a high school kid a free stick or gloves I'm sure they'd freak out and get all excited and be totally swayed by the free-factor. But coming from my perspective, I've owned 100's of pro stock gloves ( > 50 gloves at the moment, a lot of which cost me quite a lot to acquire) so a freebee pair gloves means nearly nothing to me. Additionally, Id probably be the worst guy to send gloves to being that the basis for my comparison would be Crosby's, Ovi's, Stammer's and JTs gloves as opposed to some random retail model from last year.

But, that being said I do agree. That's why it's nice having multiple opinions in this thread but it would be most fruitful to have them on the same pair of gloves rather than a different model. But nonetheless. It helps inform anyone looking into buying a pair of verberos gloves, lower or higher end, and I'm glad we cl have people who think critically about this stuff before taking anything as gospel.

I got to try prototypes that probably lead to the LE gloves you have, but I haven't seen the final product. I agree with the second part but I have no control over that haha. The only reason I put that review in this thread was incase people go to the site and see the cheaper option. I would want them to know what they are buying because it seems the two products are very different.

You'd be surprised how many people think that free automatically means it's the best product they've ever used. Regardless of whether or not it's actually any good.

It isn't even just free products. People who buy products tend to have favouritism behind it as well. Even when presented with contrasting proof one product is inferior people will still say I don't know what I am doing and am an idiot (talking about goalie blockers in this case).

#24 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

I've been able to use my gloves twice and again tonight i'll use them.

They're a little different, roomier, and I got the no cuff option.  The original pair I got in January before they were taken over by a team mate had the LAX style cuff on it and those were nice but I like this new one without that.

The protection has been beefed up from the prototype model from January to this current model.

I mean obviously, they've had a ton of feedback and they've added some professional bros into their testing group and building group.  You can really tell the difference.

I'm a fan of the palm, but I'm really a fan of the thumb and the shell entirely, combining the look of the APX in a sense but also meeting the "in between" snug feel from the apx and the 4 roll traditional style.  I felt this glove so far is a good in between fit where my hand is snug like a 4 roll but not cramped like a anatomical type of fit.

I'll have more later on, I cant comment too much after just a few uses.  A true review in my eyes has to be at least 1-3 months worth of wear and tear

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#25 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

accurate, this is why I try my hardest to stay arbitrary to anything I get to test out

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#26 cobra

cobra

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Guys!!!  All we are trying to do here is make an unreal hockey glove... We really like constructive criticism and build on the good and focus on taking out the bad... If you have any issues with any of our products help us make it better for YOU... We have many professional and amateur players testing our products. We've also sent to a number of equipment experts on this site and many others for feedback... You can always email me with any questions regarding our stuff! corby@verbero.com

#27 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Guys!!!  All we are trying to do here is make an unreal hockey glove... We really like constructive criticism and build on the good and focus on taking out the bad... If you have any issues with any of our products help us make it better for YOU... We have many professional and amateur players testing our products. We've also sent to a number of equipment experts on this site and many others for feedback... You can always email me with any questions regarding our stuff! corby@verbero.com

My perfect/ custom glove (which has been impossible to find):

So, there are a few factors that the Verbero Dextra Pro LE seems to satisfy, per the reports of other which I am presently trusting:

Weight -as light as possible, and not getting heavier with sweat- these gloves seem to be ideal here

Protection -my hands need to be protected, seems like these gloves do it, except at the thumb

Mobility -especially at the wrist, this glove looks good

Palm -sounds like a great palm, which does not retain moisture?!?! PERFECT

Here are the factors that I look for, which the Dextra Pro LE is not satisfying (of my own personal preferences- the gloves may be perfect for the next guy, which is fine):

Gussets: Mesh for breathability; spandex would be my second choice.

Fit profile: I like a glove to feel locked on, from the wrist to the finger tips. Between my wrist and forearm, I like it as mobile as possible. So, the perfect fit for me, from wrist to fingertips, is the Warrior Covert QR1. However, from wrist to forearm, I like the APX 2 Pro. Disclaimer: I have low volume hands, apparently, and thus like the tighter fitting gloves. This "cross between 4 roll and tapered fit" of the Dextra Pro LE may work, I do not know as I have not tried them on. 

Thumb: Flex thumb like the STX Surgeon 500/ Bauer Vapor APX 2/ Warrior Covert QR1. Hyper-mobile to flex inward to grip the stick and still protect the thumb when the thumb is flexed inward (which I do not think that the Dextra Pro LE offers with its "hybrid" type flex/ lock thumb system), but no give going backward (behind straight, I mean) to prevent hyperextension.

Breaks in the Backhand (and at the wrist): Here is where I think no one has really nailed it yet. The breaks need to be at the joints, with bigger breaks at the bigger joints (like the wrist). However, most gloves have absolutely zero give at the wrist (except the APX 2, which has a nice slide system which allows the cuff to slide over the backhand). It looks like the Verbero has the same type of slide system that the APX 2 has, which is good. Obviously, the breaks at the fingers, everyone is getting right. However, I feel that alot of effort is being wasted with all these cute break systems in the backhand (which end up looking hideous), while compromising some protection in the process. For example, I think that the backhand of the 1X looks hideous, and I question if the little blocks offer much protection. I like the breaks in the QR1, which I think offers pretty good protection. 

I wonder if there is something here, to help give some mobility to the backhand, without compromising any protection:

Aesthetics: The least important factor. If I can stay healthy and play well, then that is all the looking cool that I need. Regardless, the stencil all lowercase is not working with me. Interested to see what you have on deck, and in the future, after having brought on Dan Harrell.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#28 OriginalSick

OriginalSick

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

I got a pair of these gloves 3 months ago the pro stock version and the binding came undone on both fingers along the index finger Palm the part that interacts with the stick on my top and bottom hand. Seams are coming undone on my index finger side guard pads and the foam beneath is now exposed on my bottom hand glove. They are light and mobile but the durability and construction on these gloves is absolute crap they fell apart and are now in the trash. Save your money on these and get a quality product that's been around for awhile not the ginnie pig that's trying to get into the game.

#29 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

I borrowed and skated with the Dextra Pro LE gloves last night and was quite impressed.  As said before they are light and stay pretty dry.  To me they feel like a cross between an APX and 11K.  They have that loose, broken-in feel in the palms and fingers like 11Ks with the contour of APX (probably a little wider at the wrist).  In terms of sizing, the 13"s that I wore were probably along the lines of 13" AX1s--bigger than 13" APX or 11K for sure and perfect for me.  The palms felt nice, maybe like a cross between MSH3 and micronash?  Not very grippy IIRC.  Spandex gussets worked really well with these gloves and they have a nice elasticity to them.  Mine did not have the flex cuff.  Can't speak to durability or protection but in terms fit and feel they can definitely hang with the big boys.  

If I weren't a gear whore and were looking for a new pair of mitts I'd probably grab them at $119.99 retail price.  I can't think of anything else in that price range that could compete.

STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#30 cheddar_cheese

cheddar_cheese
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

I'd love to try a pair but $80 to ship to Canada is a bit much... :/ A cross between APX and 11k's sounds like a dream come true.