2016 CCM Super tacks Skates (rumours)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Rumour has it:

Next line of Tacks skates will be called Super Tacks.

They are going to be released in May 2016.

This next line of Tacks will be the only true one piece boot ever made. No more glued on outsoles and the entire boot will be heat moldable including what use to be known as the outsole.

NHL players are currently testing them with no logo's or paint jobs on them yet so that they cannot be identified.

#2 Adam

Adam

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Interesting rumour. I wouldn't put all your eggs in this basket. Give it a few though, ccm is releasing some info this month iirc

#3 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Interesting rumour. I wouldn't put all your eggs in this basket. Give it a few though, ccm is releasing some info this month iirc

That will be nice to get some info straight from the source. I've searched a lot and could find no info on the internet but ran into someone today that provided me with the above info/rumours.

#4 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:00 PM

Ive seen them and can confirm the outside is full composite

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#5 bbednarz57

bbednarz57
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

Ultra Tacks and Super Tacks. I forget which one is supposed to be the higher end model. I believe theres something like a $100 difference between them. Maybe $800 and $700?

#6 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

Ive seen them and can confirm the outside is full composite

+1
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#7 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:41 AM

They're brining the heel wedge back too right?

#8 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

Wouldn't mlx, vh or possibly kor, dasc been first full 1 piece composite skate?

#9 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Wouldn't mlx, vh or possibly kor, dasc been first full 1 piece composite skate?

One would think so; we'll have to see the full details, but having a skate with what KOR called the unibase (no separate outsole) certainly isn't new. I think KOR did it first, then DASC and then MLX. Currently VH, Mako and even Verbero have skates that have one piece composite bases without a separate outsole. It'll certainly be interesting to see what CCM is coming with and if they're bringing anything new to the table or if they're just doing something very similar to the VH and Mako skates.

#10 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

They're brining the heel wedge back too right?

heel wedge would be great. 

#11 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

9DB24F1C-1371-40BC-9823-5F805D99158B.png

#12 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

I was thinking of upgrading my APX to the 1X soon but every time I see the tacks I just wonder what they would feel like lol

#13 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

Wow that's awesome I've been trying to find pics everywhere!!! Some of you guys have actually seen them already is phenomenal. I can't say they look all that great cosmetically in my opinion but I'll take function over form any day!!!

Perhaps they are hoping no one else knows about skates like Kor\s MLX etc.??

#14 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

More pics please!!!

#15 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

heel wedge would be great. 

Would you really like the heel wedge brought back instead of the 12% or 16% (can't remember which it is) forward lean that is built right into the current Tacks boot ?

I really hope the fit is generally the same as the current Tacks in regards to depth anyways, heck a little more depth/volume wouldn't even hurt when it comes to my son's feet anyways. Tacks have been his most favorite fitting skate he's ever had and he loves the forward lean in them as well.

#16 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

Would you really like the heel wedge brought back instead of the 12% or 16% (can't remember which it is) forward lean that is built right into the current Tacks boot ?
I really hope the fit is generally the same as the current Tacks in regards to depth anyways, heck a little more depth/volume wouldn't even hurt when it comes to my son's feet anyways. Tacks have been his most favorite fitting skate he's ever had and he loves the forward lean in them as well.

The heel wedge would only be for aesthetics not function. The way these skates look now they could pass as the new line of Graf's with yellow'ish accents.

#17 Adam

Adam

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

It's not built just into the boot, it's part of the Attack Frame / boot combo. The skates are unbelievably light. Don't know how smart it is posting pics of unreleased gear, though.

#18 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:02 PM

RNH is wearing them, so I don't see why CCM would kick up a fuss

#19 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

The heel wedge would only be for aesthetics not function. The way these skates look now they could pass as the new line of Graf's with yellow'ish accents.

Ya can't say I like the yellow lines by the top eyelets and on the comfort edge. I also hope they don't come out with a new name every time a new generation of tacks comes out Super Tacks is as far as I would like to see it go then they can call them the 2018 Super Tacks etc. etc.

It's not built just into the boot, it's part of the Attack Frame / boot combo. The skates are unbelievably light. Don't know how smart it is posting pics of unreleased gear, though.

You sir are a connoisseur I am just a laymen. Far to technical for me hence my "built into the boot" wording. To me that included the "attack frame". It looks like now we will be moving onto the "monoframe" . Have any info on the "MonoFrame", it's features and function?

#20 Adam

Adam

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

Really really fancy wording for the way they stiffen the quarter panels. Didn't get a full on debriefing when I saw them, will post more info on them as I get it