Photo

2016 CCM Super tacks Skates (rumours)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

The heel wedge would only be for aesthetics not function. The way these skates look now they could pass as the new line of Graf's with yellow'ish accents.

the 352,552 tacks had a built in heel wedge and it was for function

#22 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

CCM keeps throwing daggers at VH: that MacKinnon vs Hamlin video, the Jetspeeds which look eerily similar to VH in video--also the chunky striping up the side of the new Tacks can be seen as borrowing from the VH 4-prongs motif, and now the monoframe boot. I think it's a good thing if they can put more pressure on Bauer. I actually thought Bauer would have done a monoframe before CCM, but it makes sense that they don't need to push in that direction if they still have a vast majority of market share.

I like the new Super Tacks. I'd maybe consider getting them if they weren't so high cut.

Also, weren't Easton's Synergy boots also one piece shells?

#23 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

Really really fancy wording for the way they stiffen the quarter panels. Didn't get a full on debriefing when I saw them, will post more info on them as I get it

I look forward to more pics/info for which I would like to thank you!!. I found a pic of the Ultra Tacks and they say "AttackFrame" on them so I guess the Ultra Tacks will be the top model?? I guess anyways?.

#24 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

Pic of the Ultra Tacks in Google images and the back of the skate as well. I can't seem to do anything with the images from my phone. Maybe I can post them tomorrow.

#25 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:17 AM

imagesYUIJKZ45
Ultra Tacks 2016

#26 BelangerJS

BelangerJS
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

Ya can't say I like the yellow lines by the top eyelets and on the comfort edge. I also hope they don't come out with a new name every time a new generation of tacks comes out Super Tacks is as far as I would like to see it go then they can call them the 2018 Super Tacks etc. etc.

You sir are a connoisseur I am just a laymen. Far to technical for me hence my "built into the boot" wording. To me that included the "attack frame". It looks like now we will be moving onto the "monoframe" . Have any info on the "MonoFrame", it's features and function?

Lots of questions on this Super Tacks thread, I'm going to try to create some clarity for everyone.

The Super Tacks skate will feature the MonoFrame 360 technology, which is a one piece boot frame made of carbon fiber, with no outsole. This new technology for CCM provides 2 main benefits:

1) The carbon fiber used for boot is fully-thermoformable, which allows for a truly customized and comfortable fit around the entire surface of your foot, which maximizes the contact area your foot has with the entire skate.

2) the removal of the traditional outsole and all the nails, glue and excess materials it covers up, provides the most seamless direct energy transfer frame CCM has ever had. 

The UItra Tacks is also a carbon fiber construction and the upper can also be heat molded to the player's foot. The skate is designed in a traditional 2-piece skate format (with a carbon fiber outsole) and will be offered at a lower cost than the Super Tacks.

#27 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:20 PM

Anything on the forward lean still being built into the boot on the super tacks? If not will the Ultra tacks have the same lean as the present tacks?

#28 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

Anything on the forward lean still being built into the boot on the super tacks? If not will the Ultra tacks have the same lean as the present tacks?

Also will the Tacks line of skates remain having the same high volume fit as the present generation of Tacks?

#29 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

One more question in regards to sizing. My son is a size 7 in present tacks what size would he be in the new tacks? 

#30 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

Also will the Tacks line of skates remain having the same high volume fit as the present generation of Tacks?

One more question in regards to sizing. My son is a size 7 in present tacks what size would he be in the new tacks? 

If my son was in a 2014 Tacks D will he now have to move to a EE Tacks for the 2016 model ?

By the way my son has loved the Tacks 2014 Tacks from the first time he put them on and is on his 3rd pair now.

#31 BelangerJS

BelangerJS
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

Hi, see my answers below:

The entire 2016 Tacks line will be 0.5 higher than the current line, so if your son uses a size 7 skates in the current Tacks, he will fit best in a 7.5 in the 2016 line.

The 2016 Tacks line will be closer to the foot than the previous version. It has an anatomical and contoured fit, with a medium forefoot and medium volume. If you son requires more space, he should check out the EE width skate. Nonetheless, the carbon fiber specially used in this skate is very malleable when heated that it customizes the fit to most feet.

The forward lean of the skate is the same as the previous version. Only the tendon guard was straightened up a little, but the pitch of the skate is maintained.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

#32 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hi, see my answers below:

The entire 2016 Tacks line will be 0.5 higher than the current line, so if your son uses a size 7 skates in the current Tacks, he will fit best in a 7.5 in the 2016 line.

The 2016 Tacks line will be closer to the foot than the previous version. It has an anatomical and contoured fit, with a medium forefoot and medium volume. If you son requires more space, he should check out the EE width skate. Nonetheless, the carbon fiber specially used in this skate is very malleable when heated that it customizes the fit to most feet.

The forward lean of the skate is the same as the previous version. Only the tendon guard was straightened up a little, but the pitch of the skate is maintained.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

You have been very helpful and it is greatly appreciated!!!

I would like to pick your brain a little more on one issue though. It is in regards to the depth of the skate. My son's feet bust out of the tongue of most skates as in the tongue edges never really sit inside the skate except in Bauer Nexus and the 2014 CCM Tacks which is why he needs the depth. Will the EE in the new Tacks have more depth than the D width or will the EE just be a wider fit? He maybe fine with the D width of the 2016 Tacks but I am unsure if the depth has changed?

Would the Ultra Tacks also have a changed fit from the 2014 Tacks?

Slightly narrower maybe fine for my son but the depth is going to be the most important part for him.

Thanks so much for your replies!!!

#33 BelangerJS

BelangerJS
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

You have been very helpful and it is greatly appreciated!!!

I would like to pick your brain a little more on one issue though. It is in regards to the depth of the skate. My son's feet bust out of the tongue of most skates as in the tongue edges never really sit inside the skate except in Bauer Nexus and the 2014 CCM Tacks which is why he needs the depth. Will the EE in the new Tacks have more depth than the D width or will the EE just be a wider fit? He maybe fine with the D width of the 2016 Tacks but I am unsure if the depth has changed?

Would the Ultra Tacks also have a changed fit from the 2014 Tacks?

Slightly narrower maybe fine for my son but the depth is going to be the most important part for him.

Thanks so much for your replies!!!

Thanks for your questions, I'm glad i get to make things clear.

Based on the description you have given me, i think your son would require a custom version of the Super Tacks with advanced facings, in order to give him more room and make up for his voluminous foot that busts out the tongue of most skates. An EE width skate would only really give him more room horizontally, whereas he would seem to need more room vertically/diagonally, something that the two 2014 models you mentioned would give him right now.

The 2016 Ultra Tacks will also have changed from the 2014 Tacks, and follows suit to the Super Tacks as a medium width, medium volume skate.

JS

#34 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

Doesn't get more clear than that, thanks again for all your help.

#35 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:14 AM

Doesn't get more clear than that, thanks again for all your help.

Gotta say though I am a bit bummed out because there is no way I can afford a custom pair for my 12yr, old son. Hopefully the new ones will fit him or he'll be super disappointed!!

#36 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

Gotta say though I am a bit bummed out because there is no way I can afford a custom pair for my 12yr, old son. Hopefully the new ones will fit him or he'll be super disappointed!!

I see you're also in Canada. If your son likes the fit of the current Tacks skates then you may want to grab another pair while they're on clearance. Pro Hockey Life is clearing out the junior models for $249.99 and the senior models for $399.99.

#37 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

I see you're also in Canada. If your son likes the fit of the current Tacks skates then you may want to grab another pair while they're on clearance. Pro Hockey Life is clearing out the junior models for $249.99 and the senior models for $399.99.

Holy smokes that awesome thx a lot for the heads up!!

#38 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

Well Does anyone have a updated review of the Super Tacks? Would like to know peoples thought's on them after having them for awhile. Wondering about durability as well.

#39 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Well Does anyone have a updated review of the Super Tacks? Would like to know peoples thought's on them after having them for awhile. Wondering about durability as well.

Zero issues what so ever. My super tacks have been holding up great. I haven't been skating on them as much a I normally have with past skates. The only issue I have is I wish I would of went custom and went with an E width, clarino liner and an oversized holder. Which I plan on doing in the future.

#40 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

Ive had mine for a full year now, nothing wrong with them.,

Still in perfect condition and are still great!

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116