Photo

Shin Guard Question.

warrior

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dxngle

Dxngle

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:27 PM

I recently purchased warrior HD3 shin guards, they fit me right in terms of length, but I have very skinny legs so they are too wide.  I used a baby pin to pinch the bottom velco back on the left one but on the right one every time I try it snaps.  Are there any tricks that could help me? I tried clear tape but I would need an abnormal amount.  I will attach an image of the back so it is easier to answer.  (TALKING ABOUT BOTTOM STRAP)

warrior-dynasty-hd3-intermediate-hockey-

#2 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

What are your dimensions (height, weight)?

You have 2 options:

Try junior xl

Unstitch the velcro tab, cut the strab, burn the edge so it doesnt fray, re stitch the velcro patch on the strap to give you a tighter fit

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#3 Dxngle

Dxngle

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

What are your dimensions (height, weight)?

You have 2 options:

Try junior xl

Unstitch the velcro tab, cut the strab, burn the edge so it doesnt fray, re stitch the velcro patch on the strap to give you a tighter fit

I am 6'2 and around 165 lbs.  Had previously used 15s but were too small so I moved up.

#4 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

try to overlay the strap and you´ll need just a few stitches. I needed to do it with my goalie pads knee strap, worked out great and done quickly...

LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#5 Dxngle

Dxngle

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

try to overlay the strap and you´ll need just a few stitches. I needed to do it with my goalie pads knee strap, worked out great and done quickly...

can you elaborate on how?  sorry if it is dumb.

#6 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

I am 6'2 and around 165 lbs.  Had previously used 15s but were too small so I moved up.

So forget my first idea, try my 2nd one if you can. I did that fix to my elbow pads and its worked great

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#7 Dxngle

Dxngle

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

So forget my first idea, try my 2nd one if you can. I did that fix to my elbow pads and its worked great

I will experiment on my old pair to see how it goes.  I am on a pretty tight budget since I am still in school, and would not want to mess up.  Thanks for the suggestions.

#8 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Shin sleeves. A couple companies make them. Can't remember off hand what brand I have. 

http://www.icewareho...page-ARSPS.html

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#9 Dxngle

Dxngle

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Shin sleeves. A couple companies make them. Can't remember off hand what brand I have. 

http://www.icewareho...page-ARSPS.html

Didn't even know these existed, thank you!