Photo

Blade feel 1N vs APX2?

bauer 1n apx2 comparison blade shot passing shooting stick handling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

Quick question, does any one have experience with both of these sticks and can comment on the blade feel of both with respect to shooting, passing, and stick handling? In your opinion, which one is better?

Custom everything.

#2 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

There is no "better" it's personal preference. The 1X will offer more feedback in all aspects and the 1N will feel more dampened. I personally like the puck feel of the 1X more but overall I liked the 1N for shooting better.

#3 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

He said apx2.

Not 1X.

Do you read the whole post before you comment?

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#4 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

Depends on how you shoot due to the difference in flex profiles, but the 1N is superior in all aspects for me. Blade is incredibly responsive and the puck comes off lightning quick while shooting. 

#5 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

I was wondering, would it work if Bauer put a 1N blade on an APX2 flex profile (isn't that what the 1N essentially is, anyway, just without the LKP?)

Custom everything.

#6 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

He said apx2.

Not 1X.

Do you read the whole post before you comment?

Have you ever been in mid conversation and said someone else's name when you meant someone else's name?

Regardless whether I posted 1X or APX2 the response would be the same. There's little to no difference between the blade feel of the sticks, Aero Sense vs Aero Sense two and having owned 3 of each of the sticks my response is still the same. So pretend I said APX2 and not 1X.

#7 cheddar_cheese

cheddar_cheese
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

I've used both sticks quite a bit and I'd have to say 1N is the better all around stick for sure. I really do like the APX2 a lot, though it has been collecting dust since I picked up the 1N and an original RBZ in the fall. It's durable as hell. We'll see how the 1N holds up.

#8 Mrhockey

Mrhockey

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

They are pretty much the same except I feel the 1N was a little more dampened in terms of blade feel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bauer, 1n, apx2, comparison, blade, shot, passing, shooting, stick handling