New

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the_old_Owl

the_old_Owl
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

Hello all!

I just found the forum and am excited to be part of it.

I found hockey "late", after I had graduated high school and moved to Ohio.  I started watching the Penquins on local TV and would occasionally drive into Pittsburgh to wait outside the Igloo for "student sales" to start after the puck had dropped.  I started playing inter-murals in college and I fell in love with the game; not only as a team sport but the feel, the smell, the sheer joy of being on the ice.  Soon, I was playing in every adult bar league and pick up game I could find. 

I am back skating after a 15+ year hiatus and slowly putting together my first set of hockey kit that has not been "gently used". 

Although, for a pair of retro tan leather 4 rolls I could care less!

I am a Penguins fan but also follow the San Jose Sharks, Norfolk Admirals and the Philadelphia Flyers (believe it or not).

Currently serving in the US Navy.

#2 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

Welcome to the site and good luck with the gear hunt :)

#3 the_old_Owl

the_old_Owl
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Olioli.

My name is... And I have a hockey gear problem.

#4 aconard62

aconard62
  • LocationVIRGINIA, USA 🇺🇸

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

Welcome buddy, I live in Kempsville so DM me if you have any questions fellow beach rez! Got a few local friends who like the Pens too;)

#5 casmith12

casmith12
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

Great to have you on the site! Va Beach is great! My Grandpa did 30 years in the Navy and lives in VIrginia Beach now, so  I try to take a trip up there at least once a year.

Always looking for Thrashers, Kovalchuk gloves, or KHL prostock casmith12@comcast.net 

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

welcome :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New