Photo

Stick Warranty Return

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Akins

Akins

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hey fellas just wanted to know your thoughts, sent in an S19 and had a Mako M5 returned. Not complaining but just was curious to know if other guys got the Mako back and not the M5, just weird that I sent in a top end stick to get the one notch down in return.

Thanks fellas

#2 Diesel8810

Diesel8810
  • LocationHockessin, Delaware

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

If it helps I sent a S19 in about a month ago and got an Stealtth RS in return... But with no grip as my S19 had.. Not sure if this helps but was my experience..

Always looking for Pro Stock P91a RH 87ish Flex Grip Bauer Sticks.

#3 totalone

totalone

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

They try to send you something close to what you had. I sent in a totalone with a p92 curve and got a totalone in with a p88 curve. Most time it's what's available in the return center.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#4 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

They should have sent an RS back no? Lol
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#5 Akins

Akins

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thats what I was thinking, didnt want to make a huge fuss about it though just was curious.

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

The M5 is like a ST.
I personally would of wanted a RS or Mako, but if you paid your S19 half price or on a clearance, then it might be normal.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 Sofer

Sofer

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

shouldnt matter if it was clearance imo. you sent in an s19 you should get a stick of the same quality or better. I do not consider the s19 as higher quality than the m5. you should ask for a mako or rs. who knows they might even let you keep the m5. its worth a shot to call.

#8 Watchgreat

Watchgreat

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

They could have been out of stock in the rs and mako so they sent you what they could

#9 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Due to the time of year Easton is pretty much all out of stock of RS's until mid May/early June. If I were you I'd definitely call them up and let them know you would like a different stick. Usually the S19 would have and should have been replaced with the RS. Easton's trying to can some ground so them hearing about a disappointed customer Im sure theyll do whatever it takes to keep you in a Easton product.

#10 zurk89

zurk89
  • LocationHH

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

they definitely were out of RS, however i sent an RS and EQ50 back about a month and a half ago. i called them asking about the status two weeks after they would have gotten it and they said that the RS was out of stock and would take 4-6 weeks. they said i would be getting an RS for both since the mako wasnt out yet. 3 days later an EQ50 was on my doorstep and a day later an RS. the EQ looked like a leftover retail because on warranty returns they never put the sticker on and it had residue outline where they peeled the sticker.

#11 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

I know once a bud of mine could not get his stick replaced becuz they were all out & so he asked for a PS stick with a drury curve & they actually gave him 1 so it's worth a shot...?

#12 Hellkitty

Hellkitty
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I sent in a One90 from the recall in Dec and they never sent me anything back. So I emailed them on Friday saying sorry and I got my new stick in last night. They sent me a Vapor 7.0 with PM9 curve. Can't wait to try it and see how much different it will be to my X60.

#13 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

I know once a bud of mine could not get his stick replaced becuz they were all out & so he asked for a PS stick with a drury curve & they actually gave him 1 so it's worth a shot...?

Easton did that for me too awhile back. When the S17s first came out and were breaking like crazy I sent 1 back and got a pro stock S17 (true S17), but the shaft shape was a little boxier than retail, it had grip, graphics were a little different, and the blue was a lighter blue than the retail S17s. It was by far the best S17 I had ever used and I was more than thrilled to get that back in return.

#14 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Bauer is A + in warranty returns. Warrior Will also take care of you very quickly but tend to mess up a lot but will always fix thier mistakes

#15 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Bauer sent me the wrong handed stick as a warranty replacement and then tried to say it was my fault...

#16 Watchgreat

Watchgreat

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Bauer sent me the wrong handed stick as a warranty replacement and then tried to say it was my fault...

Nice! Full story?

#17 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Nice! Full story?

It was quite a while ago but I recieved the stick and immedietly emailed the person that I was dealing with to inform them of the error and the response was something like this "You told us that you wanted a right handed stick so that's what we sent you". Afterwords I looked over our emails and I didn't even mention the word "Right" one, infact when listing the specs that I would like to have i capitalized LEFT HANDED.

It just got me going that they would try and say I requested a right handed stick meanwhile I sent them a lefty rather than owning up to it right off the bat.

In their defense they did send a courier to pick it up after some lobbying back and forth after I refused to pay to ship it back to them when they were the ones at fault and I did end up getting the correct stick only a few days later.

#18 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

I broke a warrior dynasty in my first game with it brought it back to where i purchased it because i was told theyd send to to warrior for a replacement. Then they said my replacement had to be in the store same stick, curve, flex and no warranty. Broke it the next game.

#19 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

I've had pretty good success with Easton and Bauer...I broke a Synergy awhile back and I got a brand new SE16 like the day it launced. Then I broke 2 SE16's and got EQ50's back both times. I broke a few Bauer's and they almost always sent top of the line back

#20 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Not to bring up an old discussion or anything - but had a question on Bauer's Warranty policy? I had one break the other day from blocking a shot half-way up the shaft. Is this type of breakage covered under the warranty? I would think it would be in Bauer's best interest to keep it's customers happy, but you never know!