Photo

Grey Gauze

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

Unless I wasn't searching with the right words, does anyone know if rolls of grey gauze / handle tape is available to the public?

The LA Kings have probably been using it for a little while now but I JUST realized this ... and ever since then, that's all I could stare at when they'd zoom in on the kings bench. Mezmorized ! :rolleyes:

#2 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Unless I wasn't searching with the right words, does anyone know if rolls of grey gauze / handle tape is available to the public?

The LA Kings have probably been using it for a little while now but I JUST realized this ... and ever since then, that's all I could stare at when they'd zoom in on the kings bench. Mezmorized ! :rolleyes:

I bought a couple of rolls from this site:

http://stores.ebay.c...Fix-Texas-South

Here's the manufacturer's website:

http://www.cttgroup....ducts/53/5/186/

If you scroll down the page you can see either the "Flexible Cohesive Stretch Grip Tape" or the "Gauze Cohesive Tape"

Did not see the color grey listed; I'd speculate the white gets a little "grey" looking after a while.

Hopefully this is helpful!
~B~

#3 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Did not see the color grey listed; I'd speculate the white gets a little "grey" looking after a while.

We rep for Sportstape and you are correct, there is not a grey. What LAK uses is white.

#threadcloser

#4 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

We rep for Sportstape and you are correct, there is not a grey. What LAK uses is white.

Thanks for the info about your company representing them (Sportstape) and about the color; definitely appreciated!!! :headbang:
~B~

#5 Dez22184

Dez22184

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

i was wondering how to get that gray color too...looks sick on the new nexus twigs. matches the matte black real nice.

#6 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

The Dustin Brown stick I got a little while ago had the gray on it.

#7 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

The Kings do have Grey Stretch Gauze and Grey Cohesive. Jakes has been trying to get the grey cohesive for quite a bit of time but cannot get it for some reason. But I owned 2 Brown sticks one with grey stretch and one was taped with grey cohesive. Not to mention the countless Kings sticks that have the grey cohesive in Jakes. It does exist but seems to be impossible to get unless you play for the Kings.

Williams has it on his stick here
Posted Image

#8 Brian

Brian

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

I was going to send an email today to somebody and see if he can get some.

But if Jake can't get it, I don't know.......

#9 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

i bit off topic but how is stretch gauze on glove palms, better than regular tape ?

#10 JKabana

JKabana
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

I love the gauze on the Kings' sticks. I was actually wondering where to get this stuff myself. I think it's better than regular friction tape on glove palms.

Generally looking for:

Pens gear

Gibson gear

RPI gear

#11 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys,

I highly doubt I found the right stuff but let's see! Instead of using google as a search engine, I used Yahoo. This is what came up via a link on Amazon:

Looks like Gauze.

There is an option for grey rolls and It LOOKS like Gauze. I read a description for this specific stuff and it said that it was not sticky to the touch but it stuck to itself... Kind of like Gauze.

Anyway, let's get some opinions? I'm almost tempted to order 1 roll and use it as a test sample. :dunno:

#12 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

It would definitely be worth giving it a go. It's in the color you are looking for and seems like it has similar attributes to the cohesive gauze that is offered by Sportstape. If you do get some, please post your results.
~B~

#13 Watchgreat

Watchgreat

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Whats so special about it being gray?

#14 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nothing's special about it. It just caught my eye while I was watching the 'Nucks VS. Kings game and it immediately went on my Stuff-To-Buy list. it's different. I personally like the grey look.

#15 cott1

cott1

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I've always used cloth on my sticks as I like to tape down the stick in a spiral too - is gauze better on your palms? Would it work for the spiral too?
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#16 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I've always used cloth on my sticks as I like to tape down the stick in a spiral too - is gauze better on your palms? Would it work for the spiral too?

I've used gauze tape for awhile now (not the stretchy stuff) and I have had barely any wear on my palms, and just how I play is usually hard on my palms. Much better than cloth tape. I haven't had any color wear onto the palms either. The actual tape itself does need to be replaced more than cloth tape

Also, I do like a lot of grip on my sticks and I have spiraled down the shaft of one of my sticks. It wears quicker, like the handle, but definitely supplies the grip that I was looking for.

#17 noodle3872

noodle3872
  • LocationChilliwack BC

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hey guys,

I highly doubt I found the right stuff but let's see! Instead of using google as a search engine, I used Yahoo. This is what came up via a link on Amazon:

Looks like Gauze.

There is an option for grey rolls and It LOOKS like Gauze. I read a description for this specific stuff and it said that it was not sticky to the touch but it stuck to itself... Kind of like Gauze.

Anyway, let's get some opinions? I'm almost tempted to order 1 roll and use it as a test sample. :dunno:

That's worth trying IMHO. Looks like the same stuff I put on my stick now, only mine is white.

#18 cott1

cott1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

I've used gauze tape for awhile now (not the stretchy stuff) and I have had barely any wear on my palms, and just how I play is usually hard on my palms. Much better than cloth tape. I haven't had any color wear onto the palms either. The actual tape itself does need to be replaced more than cloth tape

Also, I do like a lot of grip on my sticks and I have spiraled down the shaft of one of my sticks. It wears quicker, like the handle, but definitely supplies the grip that I was looking for.

Thanks, very helpful! I think I'll give it a try. I'm due for a re-type anyway :)
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#19 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Hey guys,

Looks like Gauze.

That is the stretch product, not the gauze; they are different. I have the royal blue gauze in stock that you see many teams use.

#threadcloser

#20 FearlessMadog

FearlessMadog
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

Are you able to ship the royal blue gauze to Canada?