Just a feeler thread, Looking for Pro Stock Goalie Gear

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I know there are a few peeps on here that deal with the tendy gear,

Just looking to see if anyone is thinking about unloading some cheaper gear they dont need anymore

Like the title says, just kinda testing the waters, not ready to jump on anything yet, so hit me up with some pictures!

Cheers lads. (and lasses)

Hung Like A GeeGee

#2 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

What do you need? Sizes?
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#3 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

I need everything hahah. Haven't played goal since I was 16 (24 now) so Im thinking about slowly rebuilding a goalie set up.

Sizes...big stuff. 36/37 for pads

Hung Like A GeeGee

#4 kefboy

kefboy

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

I've got some gloves and sticks. LMK if you're still looking.

#5 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Regular/Full Right? I've got a few full right items that I have as back-ups...and old PSIIs but they're 33+1 so likely no good for you.

#6 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Im good for pads and glove/blocker and sticks. got these the other day

Posted Image

Hung Like A GeeGee

#7 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Daaamn, those look good. We should start a Pro Stock Goalie thread, there isn't one yet.

The Canucks Store near me has Schneider's V5s for $1500. Tried them on and me knee was a good four inches below the cradle, so I'm assuming they're somewhere in the ballpark of 36+2 or 3.

If you're looking for pants, I might be able to dig up Louie or Schneider's game-used from a friend...let me know.

#8 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Chad Johnson glove/blocker, Matt Zaba pads. I dont mind that its AHL stock. Its Ranger gear so I love it. I got two Biron sticks, but they're Islander colours haha.

But yeah I'm sure Dupes could create one soon enough haha

As for gear, I need like everything else. Im not 16 anymore so skates, pants, chest, and mask are on the agenda. Can't go spending too much since I've got rent and school fees to worry about too.

For pants, the bigger the better, don't think Schnides would fit me. Im hoping to hit the leafs sale early to see if there's anything worth salvaging for goalie gear. But I expect that to be extremely overpriced after I saw Gustav. sticks for $150, and they were practice used at best. fuckin' toronto prices.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

I can get some sick Dallas stars chest and arms full custom reeboks will post pics tomorrow in here, have a Dallas and a Vancouver one both ray crofts

#10 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

I hear ya about the prices, Vancouver isn't any better. I'd suggest speaking to - M on here, he's helped me with a majority of my purchases as well.

Numan, do you have any full right gear/sticks?

#11 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

yeah, I'll do that at some point. Im moving up to ottawa fairly soon for school, so Im not in a huge rush to get all this stuff, but I do want to play asap haha. Im so torn.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#12 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Uhhh I have a buddy in town that's full right and has some pro stuff but I have nothing from the stars in full right. Lots and lots of regular stuff though. Jack campbells Vaugh vision from team USA, ray crofts P4's, lehtinens Vaughn's, Turcos gold revoke and bachmans totalone gear

#13 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

What Im dreading is finding a helmet. I know retail ones are pricey, but Im hoping I can find a decent one somewhere along the line

Hung Like A GeeGee

#14 - M

- M

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Did you already have a goalie cut jersey?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#15 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Vancouver is a large, the Dallas is an XL

#16 Akins

Akins

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Numan how much for that XL?

#17 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Numan that Vancouver PII looks gorgeous...how much? I'm currently using a PI Bumblebee, could use an upgrade. I wear medium, but I think I can pull off a large.

#18 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

What Im dreading is finding a helmet. I know retail ones are pricey, but Im hoping I can find a decent one somewhere along the line

Check out Hackva. From their website:

"The Hackva Gm 2608 consists of a hand laid shell constructed with a full layer of Kevlar sandwiched in between layers of high grade fiberglass with the inside of the mask finished with a full layer of Carbon. We have found that this construction provides the ultimate balance of flexibility and stiffness.

All of our masks are hand laid, hand cut, hand painted, and hand assembled with the utmost pride. Before a mask leave our plant, it is given a 17 point inspection before it is bagged, boxed, and shipped. It is for this reason that we are able to offer a LIFETIME warranty on the shell."

I have a minor history of concussions, and I currently use one. I've taken a few heavy shots, sticks, and skates to the head without so much as a dent in the mask, and no ringing. They're great about customizing your mask too, but I stuck with the plain black and picked it up at my LHS for ~$300.

#19 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

wow those are niiice chesties

Hung Like A GeeGee

#20 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

thanks Ash, they look pretty cool, not too bulky or anything

AND they're in Toronto. Handy. lol