• LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:27 AM

iceman8310 get in contact with me

stephen7@basehockey.ca

#22 Stephen7

Stephen7

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

I'm still working on this. I need to get an official count for blades and OPS interest.

stephen7@basehockey.ca

#23 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

I'm still working on this. I need to get an official count for blades and OPS interest.

pmed you

#24 southpawfox

southpawfox

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

How does this curve compare to the bc71 malkin ? any chance you could do a side by side of the two ?

#25 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

How does this curve compare to the bc71 malkin ? any chance you could do a side by side of the two ?

Here's a Perron next to a True TC3. The TC3 is more open than the Malkin and has more rocker, but the depth is similar.

IMG_0646_zpsjpsjlqhf.jpg

IMG_0644_zps4iqx07jn.jpg

#26 southpawfox

southpawfox

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

Here's a Perron next to a True TC3. The TC3 is more open than the Malkin and has more rocker, but the depth is similar.

IMG_0646_zpsjpsjlqhf.jpg

IMG_0644_zps4iqx07jn.jpg

Hmm interesting! the Kovalev is the one on the right correct? and also the TC3 is essentially an E28/Kreps?

I have been on the hunt for a mid-toe / toe blade that is neutral to closed, I am not sure if this is it ?

#27 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hmm interesting! the Kovalev is the one on the right correct? and also the TC3 is essentially an E28/Kreps?

I have been on the hunt for a mid-toe / toe blade that is neutral to closed, I am not sure if this is it ?

I feel like a TC3 is a tad more hossa pro-ish than kreps.  But it sounds like youre looking for a Perry Pro from your description, depends on how flat or rockered you prefer

IG: Fooj Media

#28 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

Yes, on the right. Mid-toe, closed face would be the Malkin BC71 or if you wanted to go slightly open at the toe try a Perry pro or, old Warrior Gionta or the Kovalev. The Kovalev has a longer blade and more rocker which helps for stick handling.

I feel like a TC3 is a tad more hossa pro-ish than kreps.  

Yup, thats how I would describe it too. The TC3 is much more like a more mild version of a Hossa pro as the curve starts later (more mid/ mid heel) compared to a Kreps.

#29 southpawfox

southpawfox

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

Yes, on the right.

Mid-toe,closed face would be the Malkin BC71 or if you wanted to go slightly open at the toe try a Perry pro or, old Warrior Gionta or the Kovalev. The Kovalev has a longer blade and more rocker which helps for stick handling.

Awesome, I actually have a BC71 Blade waiting for me to try!

Does Base offer the Perry Pro? (Corey Perry?)

#30 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Base does not offer a Perry pro, the Malkin is pretty close to it though.

The Perry is slightly more open and has a different blade shape.

#31 Stephen7

Stephen7

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

If the interest is still there for the pro Kovalev we will be moving forward. Please get ahold of me.

stephen7@basehockey.ca

#32 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

So I recently made an impulse buy and picked up a Perron OPS with the same pattern as BASE is looking at producing. Stay tuned for a comprehensive review, but I can tell you all right now that this pattern is deceptively user-friendly. Hopefully we get a few more orders so we can start producing the moulds!

#33 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Glad you like it. Welcome to the club!  :headbang:

#34 Stephen7

Stephen7

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:10 PM

Kovalev pro is official. Contact me if interested.

stephen7@basehockey.ca

#35 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

For those of you interested in the Kovalev/Perron pattern, here's my review of the curve! I've been using it on a Perron pro stock OPS. In short, it's surprisingly playable for something so unusual. The more I use it, the more I like it.

#36 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

with the long blade if you play with a shorter stick , the length of blade will compensate ! amazing pattern !

#37 fatwabbit

fatwabbit

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

MIght be interested now that I've got a forwarder in the US.

How many more do we need?

#38 Sid

Sid

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

I have been using it and I am hooked on this curve. Stickhandling is amazing but it does take some time to get used to shooting. I have to give a shout out to Stephen. My blade snapped and he did a waranrty on it and also allowed me to upgrade to a supernatural. Great customers service. Looking very much to getting the new stick a try.

#39 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

MIght be interested now that I've got a forwarder in the US.

How many more do we need?

We got enough people and the pattern is now offered on all our OPS and as tapered replacement blades! Both RH and LH.

#40 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Sorry to dig this up, but is this referred to the BC27 in the BASE ordering system?

And can anyone comment on the lie of the blade BASE produced the batch from? I've read that due to the rather extreme rocker that it plays rather low. I am looking for a low-lie pattern.

~Sam~