Photo

Bauer Skates Fit Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lonzy21

Lonzy21

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

Would there be a difference in fit between say the S170 and the 1S? In other words, can I try on the S170 and be ok buying the 1S without ever trying it on? I know the Supreme line generally all fit the same, but I was wondering if there is a difference within the line depending on the caliber of the skate.  

Thanks

#2 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

There is a minimal/some difference, especially after baking and how they quickly break down.

The real question here is, what skates are you in?

what skates have you tried on?

are you only fixed for a bauer skate or have you tried other models?  you never know what your true fit might actually be.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#3 Lonzy21

Lonzy21

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

I'm currently in a pair of Graf's (I've skated in them for about 15 years, so I can't even remember what model they are anymore, let alone what new skates are supposed to feel like).  Before that I pretty much only had Bauer.  

I tried on a Vapor, Nexus, Supreme S170, and CCM Super Tacks. Honestly, the super tacks felt just as good as the supreme but I'm still preferring Bauer.  I have not tried on the 1S but since I have tried the S170, I wanted to make sure the fit would be the same

#4 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

as a former graf user, who went to bauer nexus 8000, I didn't have a hard time switching.  The only adjustment period was getting used to how ridiculously stiff they were so I just skipped the top lace loops.

I will suggest going with the skate that fits the best without baking and then baking will only accentuate that feel.

If the Tacks felt equal to the supreme, its all gonna come down to your decision and your wallet. 

Bauer makes good skates, they have their issues like everyone and so do the tacks.  The tacks aren't as stiff, but still offer great support and fit.

for skates you're coming off as a dude whos gonna buy this pair and use them for at least 3-5 years. maybe more. So take into consideration that although most current composite skates aren't as durable as your grafs they will give you a while for use.

Personally My nexus have lasted me well over a year of use and abuse and only have like 8 scuff marks and while reviewing them I stuck my feet in front of slap shots to try and test durability and protection.   it hurt, but nothing ever broke.

Also take into consideration that Graf is no longer in Canada, but still operating out of Europe and will allegedly start exporting skates to the north Americas.  In case you wanna check that out, (fyi graf is on clearance everywhere online too)

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#5 Lonzy21

Lonzy21

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:10 AM

I appreciate all the good advice and feedback man. I actually may look into another pair of Grafs but I'm trying to catch up with the times too haha. Thanks again

#6 strosedefence34

strosedefence34

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

In theory yes the line should fit the same.  However in my personal experience I went from the Supreme One70 (S170 from 4 seasons ago) to the Supreme 190s (S190 from last season) when I tried on the MX3 I found it too shallow for me compared to the 190.  

#7 Lonzy21

Lonzy21

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

That's good to know. It's probably best to just go try it on. Thanks