Photo

Brief Authentic Jersey Question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aa84664p

aa84664p

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

I felt like this was a better spot for this topic than the pro-stock thread. 

I want to buy some Authentic Rangers jerseys for family Christmas presents. 

Does anyone know "Jersey Baron" on Ebay and know if this store is legit. They really do seem to have a lot of "harder to find" jerseys in every single size which makes me a little suspicious. I also know that the authentics now carry a neon green stripe in the back, yet most of his jerseys don't have that stripe, it might have been introduced later but I'm not sure.  

http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

anyone want to take a look and let me know what they see overall, If im going to drop some cash, I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks!

#2 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

Jersey Baron is as legit as they come. All of his jerseys are authentic and he will state whether or not they are Made in Canada or not. The green stripe jerseys are USUALLY Indonesian made "authentics." I say usually as there are exceptions like the Devils green heritage jerseys have the green stripe but are Made in Canada.

The reason he has harder to find ones is because he orders the minimum number of jerseys required by Reebok to get them, while other stores/sites won't gamble on being able to sell the odd sizes in the quantities required.

#3 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

+1 for Jersey Baron; hands down the best place to get hard-to-find 2.0s at a reasonable price.  

E-mail him off eBay to get a better deal: sales@jerseybaron.com

#4 aa84664p

aa84664p

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

Fantastic, Thanks to you both!

#5 - M

- M

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:31 AM

Bought from him before and he's legit. Some of the pictures are unclear as to whether they are Canadian or Indonesian made but he is quick with replying to questions.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#6 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

Agree with everyone above.

#7 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Was wondering same thing he has some nice stuff!

#8 spudrock512

spudrock512
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

If you contact JB he will work out a deal with you off of eBay so you can save a little bit of cash.  He will basically reduces the cost of the jersey by the amount of eBay fees he would have to pay.  I have bought three of four jersey from him this way and every transaction has been spot on.  Those that are in the hobby of collecting jerseys all know about JB, and I have never heard one complaint about him.

#9 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

Only thing I would be wary of is his customization, as I hear it's not always perfect.  To me, "close enough" doesn't cut it when I'm dropping ~$250 on a 2.0.

Again, that's only hearsay, mainly from /r/hockeyjerseys on Reddit.  Personally, I send all my stuff to Exclusive Pro Sports for customization; their work is exquisite, and well worth the wait (which can be lengthy -- sometimes up to 3 months).

#10 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

You have a link for exclusive pro?

#11 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

http://exclusivepro.com/

The website isn't much to look at, but their work is top-notch.  Would be happy to post some examples of work they've done for me if anyone is interested...

#12 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

Please do.

#13 Hills

Hills

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

Only thing I would be wary of is his customization, as I hear it's not always perfect.  To me, "close enough" doesn't cut it when I'm dropping ~$250 on a 2.0.

Again, that's only hearsay, mainly from /r/hockeyjerseys on Reddit.  Personally, I send all my stuff to Exclusive Pro Sports for customization; their work is exquisite, and well worth the wait (which can be lengthy -- sometimes up to 3 months).

I am pretty sure he gets the Real Sports people to do his customization. So if you want Leafs stuff it will be good, but send it somewhere else if it matters.

#14 - M

- M

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:48 AM

I am pretty sure he gets the Real Sports people to do his customization. So if you want Leafs stuff it will be good, but send it somewhere else if it matters.

Pretty sure Real Sports is still using that Fan Zone garbage where the letters/numbers are heat pressed.  The Leafs' on-ice jerseys are done by http://www.sportsletteringcompany.com/.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#15 Hills

Hills

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

Pretty sure Real Sports is still using that Fan Zone garbage where the letters/numbers are heat pressed.  The Leafs' on-ice jerseys are done by http://www.sportsletteringcompany.com/.

Sorry, you are right. Evidently he goes through SLC.