Photo

Donald Trump - President

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

I know politics is a sensitive subject.

What is the atmosphere from the presidential election in your US cities?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

Everyone I talked to was happy Trump won , although Clinton won our state ( New York ) big. I think in the end, many people made the the decision for a new direction than the Obama / Clinton policy's and people are looking forward to the change.

#3 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:54 PM

Utter disgust, shock, and trepidation here in Northern California, naturally.

STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#4 DespicableChang

DespicableChang
  • LocationKankakee, Illinois

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

I'm in Illinois but about an hour south of chicago so it's pretty conservative overall.  Everybody is shocked.  Seemed as if everybody thought Clinton would win easily.  

The consensus seems to be more that many voted against Clinton and not necessarily as a ringing endorsement for the big orange fella.  

#5 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

DC is in shock. Torts is loving it.

#6 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

ugh. I thought I could get away from this here.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#7 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

Our county, a strong Republican county, voted Democrat for the first time since the Great Depression... That's saying something!

With that, karma is king and the Democrats got what they deserved by f**king Bernie. Bernie would've taken Trump, no questions asked.

#threadcloser

#8 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

karma is king and the Democrats got what they deserved by f**king Bernie. Bernie would've taken Trump, no questions asked.

That's a great big A-fucking-MEN. 

#9 Reagan85

Reagan85
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

I'm a republican, however wasn't a huge supporter of Trump. Though in the end I definitely voted for him over the lieing, murdering waste of a human they call Hillary. I respect our president whether I agree with him or not, he is our leader and we are all Americans. I must say, I'm disgusted by all these low life losers burning cars and businesses in their completely useless protests that will accomplish nothing except adding to their criminal records. They're making the Democratic Party look like a bunch of weak spined, cry baby, sore losers. Unfortunately, for our friends in Canada, all of the biggest whiners here are threatening to come to your country. Good luck with those losers, and sorry they are wanting to come try and ruin your country as well. God bless America! 🇺🇸

#10 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

I'm a republican, however wasn't a huge supporter of Trump. Though in the end I definitely voted for him over the lieing, murdering waste of a human they call Hillary. I respect our president whether I agree with him or not, he is our leader and we are all Americans. I must say, I'm disgusted by all these low life losers burning cars and businesses in their completely useless protests that will accomplish nothing except adding to their criminal records. They're making the Democratic Party look like a bunch of weak spined, cry baby, sore losers. Unfortunately, for our friends in Canada, all of the biggest whiners here are threatening to come to your country. Good luck with those losers, and sorry they are wanting to come try and ruin your country as well. God bless America!

Well said, Reagan85

#11 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

In Minneapolis currently, just down the street from the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota where the protest started that went on to block I-94 just the other night (http://www.startribu...ents/400770921/). I didn't see or hear it though.

Aside from demonstrations, in general there seems to be a lot of shock. Subdued. Quiet. That's how I'd describe the reaction overall.

I seriously agree now with Grammer (where when Bernie was running for the nomination I dismissed his chances of winning, not considering he'd seriously be side-lined by a corrupt system) that Bernie would have improved the Democrats' chances. Bernie would have both made the race for the rust belt tighter and motivated more turnout. I can see why a lot of people weren't thrilled about another Clinton (just as so few were excited about another Bush, even if he tried to run a reverse around that by making "Jeb!" his slogan). Bernie and Trump were the candidates for change this time.

A lot of people dismiss Bernie's ideas as irresponsible or unrealistic. Living in Denmark, I can see what he's going for. And if anything, they've shown there are ways of making it work. And it makes people happy (http://www.visitdenm...ret-happy-danes).

What I don't get about Trump is, what does he actually stand for? He changes his position so often...like a box of chocolates. I'm genuinely curious now with regard to what's about to happen.

#12 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

I'm a republican, however wasn't a huge supporter of Trump. Though in the end I definitely voted for him over the lieing, murdering waste of a human they call Hillary. I respect our president whether I agree with him or not, he is our leader and we are all Americans. I must say, I'm disgusted by all these low life losers burning cars and businesses in their completely useless protests that will accomplish nothing except adding to their criminal records. They're making the Democratic Party look like a bunch of weak spined, cry baby, sore losers. Unfortunately, for our friends in Canada, all of the biggest whiners here are threatening to come to your country. Good luck with those losers, and sorry they are wanting to come try and ruin your country as well. God bless America!

Well said, Reagan85

lmao 

#13 Reagan85

Reagan85
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

Cao, if LMAO is all you can say in a response....it's clear what side you voted for/agree with (if in Canada).

#14 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

Cao, if LMAO is all you can say in a response....it's clear what side you voted for/agree with (if in Canada).

He's Canadian, he voted for a can of Pringles

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#15 Reagan85

Reagan85
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the insight Lank. Nice to know his opinion doesn't really matter 😂

#16 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

If Hillary is a lying waste of a human what does that make Trump? The fact check stats show Trump lied more than anyone else on a proportional rate in this election.

I don't support either candidate, but it blows my mind to see so many Trump supporters have a narrative that Donald is the lesser of two evils when it comes to lying.

#17 Reagan85

Reagan85
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

Jhui, you're right, they both lie...all politicians do. The difference here is that Hillary lied about American lives lost in Libya, that's where I judge the lies. As stated above, I wasn't a huge Trump supporter either...however, the US needs change in the way of eliminating the typical political games and bs. In my opinion, Trump was our best choice in making this happen. I say again, I still believe our choice between those two was a horrible choice for America, but the I think the "better" choice won the election fair and square. Now instead of everyone pissing and moaning, why not just come together, give it some time, and see what happens? If it all goes to hell and a hand basket, then everyone can say I told you so. Absolutely no need to be doing what all the Hillary/Dem supporters are doing currently, no excuse at all for these thuggish crimes they're committing.

#18 skater1

skater1
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

I like Pringles.
WARRIOR WC Dan Cleary mitts
Any WARRIOR Dan Cleary mitts

#19 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

Jhui, you're right, they both lie...all politicians do. The difference here is that Hillary lied about American lives lost in Libya, that's where I judge the lies. As stated above, I wasn't a huge Trump supporter either...however, the US needs change in the way of eliminating the typical political games and bs. In my opinion, Trump was our best choice in making this happen. I say again, I still believe our choice between those two was a horrible choice for America, but the I think the "better" choice won the election fair and square. Now instead of everyone pissing and moaning, why not just come together, give it some time, and see what happens? If it all goes to hell and a hand basket, then everyone can say I told you so. Absolutely no need to be doing what all the Hillary/Dem supporters are doing currently, no excuse at all for these thuggish crimes they're committing.

Can't believe you fell for his bullshit. But yeah Democrats are really bad with their protesting. Why can't they just shut up and not exercise their rights?

#20 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Can't believe you fell for his bullshit. But yeah Democrats are really bad with their protesting. Why can't they just shut up and not exercise their rights?

Exactly! 

(I did get your sarcasm)