Photo

Biggest Equipment Pet Peeve

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

Lately, Ive developed a debilitating sensitivity to my skates not being evenly tight.   I know you're not supposed to re-tie after playing since your foot expands but its gotten to the point that im re-tying upwards of 6 times per skate.  Its pretty funny in a frustrating way.

Do you guys have anything that really bugs you when you play or try on new gear?

IG: Fooj Media

#2 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

When I wear my under armour leggings my damn cup slips about from time to time and more than once I've knackered myself!

Never fun.

#3 Moose

Moose

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

I hated the uneven skate tightness too! Thank god for my Reebok pumps. It helps me out to adjust mid game.

My biggest peeve is my elbow pads uneveningly loosening over the game. I'm such a diva.

#4 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

- taping my stick all the time

- cleaning my gear

- packing/unpacking my bag

I need an EQ manager

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#5 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

sliding elbow pads.

#6 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

shoulder pads with gigantic caps. I play non-check adult league and I don't need checking level protection. even the minimalist pads have rectangular pads. I much prefer square shoulder caps like on the really old-school stuff.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#7 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Lately, Ive developed a debilitating sensitivity to my skates not being evenly tight.   I know you're not supposed to re-tie after playing since your foot expands but its gotten to the point that im re-tying upwards of 6 times per skate.  Its pretty funny in a frustrating way.

Do you guys have anything that really bugs you when you play or try on new gear?

What kind of skates are you in?

I hate the overly stiff facing on current skates. The thermoformability of new boots is great, but it's hard to adjust the fit on the fly like in the old days of classic softer boots. I wish the top inch of the quarters were softer, like on Mission's old Amp and S-Series skates.

#8 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

sliding elbow pads.

Shock Doctor compression shirts fixed this for me... the Sleeve Lock feature is awesome

#9 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

What kind of skates are you in?

I hate the overly stiff facing on current skates. The thermoformability of new boots is great, but it's hard to adjust the fit on the fly like in the old days of classic softer boots. I wish the top inch of the quarters were softer, like on Mission's old Amp and S-Series skates.

I'm in vcuts right now which imo makes it tough because the softness of the boot makes over tightening really easy. I'm going to try and get it right again tonight lol

#10 flip12

flip12

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

Weren't you in Grafs before? Are they soft compared to that? Just got some G35's and I don't like how difficult it is to snug up the forefoot, or any of the laces for that matter. My how Graf has fallen from their previous perfection.

#11 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

Weren't you in Grafs before? Are they soft compared to that? Just got some G35's and I don't like how difficult it is to snug up the forefoot, or any of the laces for that matter. My how Graf has fallen from their previous perfection.

I was and I had the same issue but not to this extent even tho they were way softer.  Kinda throws my theory out the window now that i think about it, Im guessing it might just have to do with less of a wrap on my left foot from the bake or maybe some side effect of being punched out.  

#12 HockeyGold

HockeyGold

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:21 AM

Glove cuff hitting my elbow pads and elbow pads sliding.

#13 Davideo

Davideo

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

Skate blade cuts on a fresh stick tape job.

#14 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

sliding elbow pads.

+1

#15 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

hate when gloves do not have poly inserts, in any single part of gloves

#16 flip12

flip12

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

I was and I had the same issue but not to this extent even tho they were way softer.  Kinda throws my theory out the window now that i think about it, Im guessing it might just have to do with less of a wrap on my left foot from the bake or maybe some side effect of being punched out.  

Which model or models of Grafs were you in? Did other previous skates you wore do the same?

#17 TokenGoon

TokenGoon
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

Unintentional jersey tucking

"HEY! 81, untuck that jersey!"

#18 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

Which model or models of Grafs were you in? Did other previous skates you wore do the same?

703, then a 703 with a 9035 quarter. 

#19 rgrahamjr79

rgrahamjr79
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

The eyelets cracking on 1S skates and elbow pads sliding

#20 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

The lack of c width skates at retail.