Photo

Toronto outdoor rinks?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

I will be in the east end (Queen/Broadview) for new years.

Any good rinks for play outdoors?

I am not bringing my full gear, maybe skates and a stick.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

hey dupes, go to:

www.toronto.ca/skate for full schedule. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#3 Sid

Sid

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

Pound for pound Ramsden park is one of the best. Greenwood is very cool with the glass and roof but yet still an outdoor rink. With row and Jimmy Simpson are close to your location. There was a rink at Broadview and Danforth but it is closed for Reno.

#4 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

Monarch park, Dieppe, Withrow or Jimmy Simpson are probably the 4 best options that are a reasonable distance from where you'll be staying. Greenwood is nice with the roof, but usually super busy. If you go to Ramadan expect 1 shift an hour as that's probably the busiest rink in the city. Bring a helmet as they're required by the city.

#5 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Trinity bell woods is alright too. The crowd there is quite interesting as its a hipster area so you'll be wheeling around with guys in flannel, tight pants, facial hair drinking blue ribbon. No I am not a hipster, far from that look. Not all are hipsters though.

Giovanni cabota is decent at times and high park ain't so bad.

I've been to greenwood a couple times and the fact that it has a roof is pretty awesome for those snowy days.

Over the holidays the schedule changes so please make sure you pay attention to the website I linked above. It goes back to normal after the holidays

#6 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

I've been to Giovanni Cabota and High Park and neither are bad, but they're both west end rinks. I just think it'd be more convenient for Dupes to hit up some of the rinks in the east end since that's where he's staying. Trinity Bell Woods is also west.

The schedule linked to above is crucial - without snow Jimmie Simpson, Monarch Park, Dieppe, or Withrow are most likely to have skates where he can get some ice time. Greenwood is an option if it is going to snow, but it'll likely be a bit crowded.

I've only been to Ramsden a couple times, but both times I was there were between 30 and 40 people; that means benches between 15-20 per side which is quite a lot of pickup. Having a total of about 10-15people so you have about 5-7 aside is ideal, but it's kind of hard to control numbers with free pickup skates. The numbers are just likely to be lower at the less popular spots. Ramsden is popular because it's central and right near the subway.

#7 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:06 AM

Went to rennie a few nights ago with a couple buddies. Ice was surprisingly good for the fact that it rained earlier in the day. 10-14 a side. 2 hour session, then they flood at around 9:45 and they close the building, but they let you stay on after so it's pretty dope.