Photo

Best Repalming Besides Pats

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Looking for an up to date idea of who does the best repalms thats not Pat.  Obviously Pats work is amazing but with the substantial time requirement, Im just looking for a solid place for a repalm and gusset work.

Thanks

IG: Fooj Media

#2 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

i would avoid bay area hockey repair at all cost. Guy gave crooked fingers and instead of removing the old palm he decided to just glue/sew the new palm on it.  Georges was ok, had him do gussets and palms on a pair of eagles. If they are eagle's eagle will replam them for you and would guess the quality is prob near pats. 

#3 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

I've heard great things about Nash Sports in Canada. Not sure if the pricing I received was dealer only pricing or if they offer that to everyone but it was extremely reasonable. Only issue is shipping to and from Canada. I know First class will be about $18 and probably the same from them back to me. 

#4 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

NOT bay area hockey repair.  Send them to me for a better job.  FYI I've never repalmed gloves before.

#5 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

-

#6 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

George's did my eagle custom aero pro's ( hated loose feel from eagle ). did - 1/4 gussets , - 1/4 on palm width. did great job, just came off line a little on left glove pinkie blue binding ( picture 3 ).  he offers leather & durasoft  ( black & normal ). $60 a pair , gussets extra. also did shot blockers for me ( did great job ). check gallery for bigger picturesmed_gallery_1862_827_732614.jpgmed_gallery_1862_827_326358.jpgmed_gallery_1862_827_296832.jpg

#7 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

NOT bay area hockey repair. Send them to me for a better job. FYI I've never repalmed gloves before.

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one

#8 Joron

Joron

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Do you have the address for George's?!
Thanks

#9 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Do you have the address for George's?!
Thanks

hockeyrepair.com  , they are in ST Paul, MN

#10 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Not HockeyMenders.

No good? Ive seen decent work before

#11 - M

- M

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

A couple years ago lots of guys were raving about Peaches Pro Repair.  I haven't heard much recently though.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#12 67expansion

67expansion
  • LocationVentura county, CA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

I've used Joe Esposito ( HockeyMenders ) for the past 4 years with nothing but great results. Everything from palms and gussets to cuff modifications. His turn around time is pretty quick and he has a descent selection of palms to choose from.

#13 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

NOTHING beats CPR. PERIOD !!

I'm pretty sure you all have more than 1 pair of gloves, well worth the wait

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#14 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

George's did my eagle custom aero pro's ( hated loose feel from eagle ). did - 1/4 gussets , - 1/4 on palm width. did great job, just came off line a little on left glove pinkie ( picture 3 ).  he offers leather & durasoft  ( black & normal ). $60 a pair , gussets extra. also did shot blockers for me ( did great job ). check gallery for bigger pictures

+1

George's does good work. Obviously, nowhere near the custom options CPR offers, but the turn-around is pretty quick, and everything I have had done from them, I am happy with. 

#15 apexx

apexx
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

A couple years ago lots of guys were raving about Peaches Pro Repair.  I haven't heard much recently though.

Tried emailing / calling last month and didn't get a response back.

Not sure if he is still available as his website doesn't appear updated.

I've used Joe Esposito ( HockeyMenders ) for the past 4 years with nothing but great results. Everything from palms and gussets to cuff modifications. His turn around time is pretty quick and he has a descent selection of palms to choose from.

I'm going to try these guys for a repalm in the near future. Ill follow up with some pictures / review when I do.

#16 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

I had Menders do a pair of gloves shortly before Pat opened his shop. The craftsmanship is not even on the same planet as Pat's. Pat gives a factory feeling job as everyone knows. For Mendera, the palms were uneven. Gussets were spliced at random locations. Palms were much tighter than before. He left trimming of the old gussets in the gloves and it's very uncomfortable on the fingers.

Would recommend the wait at Pat 100% over recommending Menders.

#17 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

I had George's put some fresh digital on my BU Luxe and Bonafides and they did a fantastic job:

13507AF3-26C1-49D2-A8CB-03982FEDFF56_zps

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#18 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

pat or die

if you can't wait 3-5 months for mitts to be repalmed that means you don't have enough gloves. You must acquire more or hand in your pro stock card member card.

So go buy more gloves and tell your wife i told you to. 

plus for USA residents to send stuff to pat to be worked on should be a joke cause of where the canadian dollar is right now. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)