Photo

Skippng top eyelet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

How many of you guys skip the top eyelets on your skates. I am currently in Supreme 190s and find the tongue too stiff. I have been playing around with how tight I tie them to allow forward flex. Just received info tonight to use wax laces and do pretty snug but skip top eyelets. Any opinions on this? thanks, Dave

#2 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Im in s190s and I do them all up. If you want support snd forward flex, skip the second one to the top.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#3 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

I'm in super tacks, coming from a tech mesh boot (v cut) I noticed the stiffer boot was hindering me from getting my knees over my toe. Dropped down an eyelet and problem solved.

#4 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

I second Ian. Skip the second for some more forward flex, skip the top for a lot more.

I went from all the way up, to second and now I just skip the top.

IG: Fooj Media

#5 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Much better with top eyelet open. Forward flex seems much better. Still need to tinker with tightness mid tongue but definitely an improvement. Thanks guys.

#6 fbvnyc

fbvnyc

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:06 AM

In 190's.  Skip the Top eyelet as well.  Tried them all the way up at first.  Def not enough forward flex.