Photo

Glove Upgrade Time...thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pdw

pdw

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Hey guys...looking for some help here.

Currently wearing Easton Mako M3 (pictured below) gloves but looking to upgrade since the protection is a tad less than I want. Recently took a puck to the side of the hand and broke my finger, and I've worn through the index finger on one glove. 

Anyone have experience with 1X or 1N gloves? Recommendations?

I just want a glove with a lot of protection/padding especially along the sides/outer fingers.

easton-mako-m3-hockey-glove.jpg

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

Depends on the fit you're looking for. I'd say most pro gloves are pretty comparable unless they have the beefed up pinky, shot blockers etc. Try and see if you can find narrow Franchise advanced gloves or any warriors with the beefed up pinky pad

IG: Fooj Media

#3 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

I love these 2 easton pro stock 4 rolls w/ shot blocker from PSH. they still have more of these 2 colorways ( ranger & bluejacket ) with shot blockers & other colorways without ( still a very protective glove ). these are both 14 narrow & have nice tight fit.. you could send out to get extra pinky protection. let me know if you want to see pictures of pinky protection.gallery_1862_846_502907.jpg

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

My go to gloves are Nexus 1N/1000.

I love how comfortable they are, they are made wider than tapered gloves.

Did you like the fit of your M3 gloves?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 pdw

pdw

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

I don't mind the fit, was just worried that the close/tighter fit transfers more impact to my hands (tho Im sure its just that the M3 are cheap gloves), which is why Im looking at the Nexus line.  

Im also looking at a pair of APX Pro.

#6 pdw

pdw

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

not too important but I went with CCM 4R pro

LOVE the protection on these and they are extremely comfortable. Im worried about the palm durability as it feels like it's gonna last about a month. Never considered CCM before really. I know I may catch some heat but it just seems like CCM is more marketed towards kids/teens... Glad I decided to try these on.

#7 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

I have a number of different pairs of gloves, but for me I think my favorites right now are my Warrior Franchise/ AX1s. Plenty of protection but like someone else said, I think you'll find a good and similar level of protection in any pro glove

#8 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

not too important but I went with CCM 4R pro
LOVE the protection on these and they are extremely comfortable. Im worried about the palm durability as it feels like it's gonna last about a month. Never considered CCM before really. I know I may catch some heat but it just seems like CCM is more marketed towards kids/teens... Glad I decided to try these on.

Definitely this. One of the best gloves I've ever worn. Hug your fingers so they don't feel sloppy, but the palm/backhand area is *just* loose enough to offer mobility, and the cuff is wide like a traditional 4-roll is.

Custom everything.

#9 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Any higher end glove will offer more protection. Try on as many as you can and buy a high end pair that fits you well. I prefer snug gloves and if I was buying new ones I would look at the Warrior QRL or STX Surgeon 500 gloves. I currently use Easton HSX and Warrior Projekt gloves and like both. I have demoed the Surgeon 500 gloves at an event and they felt great.

#10 pdw

pdw

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Definitely this. One of the best gloves I've ever worn. Hug your fingers so they don't feel sloppy, but the palm/backhand area is *just* loose enough to offer mobility, and the cuff is wide like a traditional 4-roll is.

Can't say enough about them Protection/comfort-wise..Durability we'll see... But your right, they just fit so nicely in all the right spots. 

Any higher end glove will offer more protection. Try on as many as you can and buy a high end pair that fits you well. I prefer snug gloves and if I was buying new ones I would look at the Warrior QRL or STX Surgeon 500 gloves. I currently use Easton HSX and Warrior Projekt gloves and like both. I have demoed the Surgeon 500 gloves at an event and they felt great.

I'd have liked to try more Warrior gloves but our selection is limited up here and the ones they had all seemed really short and loose. Im sure the higher end of Warrior gloves are alot nicer tho based on how many people seem to use them. 

Heres a pic side by side with my old ones...nothing special, stock colors.. but in case anyone wanted to see the difference between the two. 

16523734_10103234184869971_24114594_o_zp