Photo

APX2 flex profile and most similar stick to it on the market today?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:06 AM

Quick question about the APX2's flex profile: according to this picture, for snap and wrist shots the stick flexes like a midflex and for slapshots it flexes like a low-kick? Is that right?

Vapor-APX2-Flex-Profile1.png

If I'm right, what stick on the market now would play the most like the flex profile for when you're taking snap and wrist shots? I guess what I'm asking is, what stick has a softer top, stiffer middle, and softer taper?

Thanks!

Custom everything.

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

To be honest man, from my experience working in a shop and seeing various generations of sticks come and go, I dont necessarily buy the dual kick point.  IMHO its just bauers low kick offering with a stiff blade, mix that with their textreme carbon.  If you really know that that combination of flex points is the best for you id say ccm/rbk pro stock is the best option since they break it down to that point.  Might not be the exact same feel though, did you notice a very big difference from the apx2 to the 1x?

IG: Fooj Media

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:28 AM

I haven't used a 1X yet. I don't care so much for dual kick point either since I can't take a clapper to save my life. However, I do like how the APX2 flexes when I'm taking snapshots and wrist shots with my hands positioned high, but since they don't make the APX2 anymore I was hoping there was another stick on the market that had the same flex dynamics. Is there a stick that has the flex profile of the left image only?

Custom everything.

#4 darkhors

darkhors
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

I haven't used a 1X yet. I don't care so much for dual kick point either since I can't take a clapper to save my life. However, I do like how the APX2 flexes when I'm taking snapshots and wrist shots with my hands positioned high, but since they don't make the APX2 anymore I was hoping there was another stick on the market that had the same flex dynamics. Is there a stick that has the flex profile of the left image only?

If you're staying with Bauer, then you would want to look at the 1S. That has a similar layout as the APX, but I don't think it's exactly the same. The 1X is low so it will play very different than the APX. If you're not set on Bauer, than the True A6.0 or Xcore 9 will close as well and for the money, I don't think you can get a better stick than the True's. Their quality is top notch.