Photo

SE16, S17, S19 Today's alike options

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ToutsAK27

ToutsAK27

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

Hello guys,

I need your advice regarding my next stick purchase.

I fell in love with the S17, S19, Rs's and SE16 sticks back in the days. I've been able to find some sticks from time to time, but they are getting harder and harder to find. As i'm having a hard time to find them, and because Easton has been bought by Bauer, I arrived to the conclusion that I will have to find a new favorite stick. 

I would like your advice regarding what recently released sticks you have a feel close to these beauty's. I already tried the V9 and V9e, the CX and the HTX  and they were not quite the same. Basically, I have two questions:

1 - Are there any sticks of other brands (newly released) that would have the same feel. They could be retail or a specific prostock construction (i.e Bauer, G3 which is quite              specific

2 - I'm taking a chance here by asking if any of you have, or might now someone. that still has some of these sticks on hand (S17. S19, RS, SE16). I am lefty and i like 85 to                100 flex, and i'm quite open for the pattern, except for Lidstrom/Getzlaf and the E28 curve.

Thank you for your help and advices. 

#2 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

If you can wait until April I might be able to source an S17 for you.

Custom everything.

#3 Gontrand

Gontrand

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

Honestly the old Eastons were the best sticks ive tried in my life. Nothing now feels like them. I like the Tacks series. They feel good but its completely different than what Easton felt like

#4 Shogun

Shogun

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

I have three S17's (1 brand new), and two S19's. I wish I could find an SE16, though.

#5 otacon127

otacon127

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

The sticks I've found to be the closest (but will never match the S19) are the Ribcore Trigger and any Bauer pro stock with a G3 construction (that's hit or miss even...).  I have heard the Vapor 1X feels close but I can't confirm because I've never used one.  The responsiveness of the S19 can't be matched, and it is overall a little heavier than current sticks...

#6 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

Warrior CPS build is the closet I've come to getting se16 feel. You would have to get a custom order though.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear