Photo

Guitar players?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 boldfacecole

boldfacecole
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well playing has always been in my family my dad was in a Band back in his day so I figured I would give it a shot. Not my thing, atleast not now with my patience ha, anyways any guitar players here looking for a new guitar. I have a B.C. Rich avenge with a custom Seymour Duncan pick
Up in it. It's a wonderful guitar great for more heavy metal kind of music. It has two chips on it nothing major. Just looking to get rid of it so I can invest more into my gear collection. You guys know how it goes. PM me for pics if your interested. Thanks!

#2 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Here I thought we were going to have a discussion about being guitar players...

#3 boldfacecole

boldfacecole
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Well, sorry I meant for that to be in there as well I just figured I wouldn't post this in the sell forum..

#4 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Not selling anything, and the only thing I want to buy I can't afford (Rickenbacker 4001). Anyways, these are the (bass) guitars I'm playing:

1) 1993 USA Fender Jazz Bass w/ Bartolini Pickups. Black body with black pearloid pickguard.

2) 2009 Musicman Stingray Ray34. Midnight Burst paintjob with black pickguard. Really nice alternative to those like me who can't afford the $1600-2000 for an Ernie Ball stingray.

3) 1974 Gibson "The Ripper". Butterscotch/natural style finish on it, black pickguard.

The J-Bass is my baby. I absolutely love that thing. I've played it at shows, recorded with it. It's the one bass that I will never sell.

I'm actually thinking about learning 6-string. My dad's friend owns a local music store and he has a used Gibson SG in the faded cherry finish. He said he'd sell me that guitar (it's in pretty decent shape) and a solid practice amp for $450. Very tempting, as this is pay week lol.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#5 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Not selling anything, and the only thing I want to buy I can't afford (Rickenbacker 4001. Anyways, these are the (bass) guitars I'm playing:

1) 1993 USA Fender Jazz Bass w/ Bartolini Pickups. Black body with black pearloid pickguard.

2) 2009 Musicman Stingray Ray34. Midnight Burst paintjob with black pickguard. Really nice alternative to those like me who can't afford the $1600-2000 for an Ernie Ball stingray.

3) 1974 Gibson "The Ripper". Butterscotch/natural style finish on it, black pickguard.

The J-Bass is my baby. I absolutely love that thing. I've played it at shows, recorded with it. It's the one bass that I will never sell.

I'm actually thinking about learning 6-string. My dad's friend owns a local music store and he has a used Gibson SG in the faded cherry finish. He said he'd sell me that guitar (it's in pretty decent shape) and a solid practice amp for $450. Very tempting, as this is pay week lol.

I am also a bass player (I was signed to a small label and toured for a few years...here I am playing my baby a Spector NS4 neck through last year....I havea ton of gear basses, guitars, amps, I built a small studio and can talk music gear all day just like pro stock gear!!!

Posted Image

#6 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I am also a bass player (I was signed to a small label and toured for a few years...here I am playing my baby a Spector NS4 neck through last year....I havea ton of gear basses, guitars, amps, I built a small studio and can talk music gear all day just like pro stock gear!!!

Same boat. I just put most of mine into storage while I move and whatnot. Just don't have the room. I felt guilty leaving my Matchless Clubman in a lonely storage locker, but it's better than getting rid of it.

Pride and joy, my '96 Gibson Historic Series es-355. What a guitar...

#7 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

I've got a couple of guitars too, acoustics/electrics and stuff. Have a beautiful Ibanez QM jazz guitar that I adore. Don't play as much as I used to though, it's also sitting in storage :(

#8 neuvyfan30

neuvyfan30

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

I have an Epiphone les paul and a Tokamine Jasmine acoustic

#9 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

I miss playing guitars but i started having issues with my fingers after getting my hand smashed in a car door when i was getting attacked years ago.

My guitar list was awesome i loved it

ESP Horizon Custom with Duncan invader on the bridge and a and a Duncan JB on the bridge

I got it from a touring bad called 25cent, and it was borrowed by another small time at the time they were called Die Like Me, they're now called Destroy the runner, 

Jackson Dinky HSH, custom paintjob.  Green.  Dope guitar, Dimarzio distortion on the bridge and a Duncan Jazz on the neck

a Blue Jackson Dinky HH, Duncan Distortion and a JB bridge/neck combo

your typical cheapie BC Rich Warlock guitar

This one didnt last long, i smashed it

I randomly found a Hondo Les Paul style guitar, super heavy like the les paul customs so with the help of a friend who worked on guitars also we rewired and repotted and rewaxed the humbuckers to make them livelier. It worked.  the scale was a little longer than regular les pauls so we were able to drop tune it to C without having to use high gauge strings.  That guitar was a tank and easily my favorite if it wasnt 50lbs.

a Epiphone Les Paul junior with a P100 on it, it didnt have space for a P90 so we dropped a P100 in the slot of a regular hum bucker.

I bought a Epiphone SG but i just did not like the small scale for tuning low so i sold it.

as for the amps i had  a Fender Hot Rod all tube 100watt.  at Volume 2 that amp was thunderous.  Insane.

a Randall Dimebag type of small practice am, 100 watt, loved the crunch on that thing i spent years trying to replicate it after it was stolen.

crappy Rogue traveling amp, i loved that thing 25 watts of awesome.

Traynor Tube 50watt clean channel only amp, we plugged in my danelectro black coffee into that thing,  Man did it ever sing.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#10 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have 2 guitars worthy of mention

-ESP JH-1 ( I had it reversed since I play left handed )

-Gibson 1985 White Explorer Lefty with EMG pick-ups 81-60 Set up exactly like THE man Mr. Hetfield himself !

Haven't played in years... 

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#11 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Used to play but havent since I went to school. Started on a cheap Yamaha bass then moved to a Fender Strat and ended up trading it for my dream Fender Jazz which I hopefully wont have to ever sell. It's pretty much a case queen now!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#12 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have a F-Bass www.fbass.com

It goes along well with my degree in jazz composition, arranging, and performance ;)

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#13 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Same boat. I just put most of mine into storage while I move and whatnot. Just don't have the room. I felt guilty leaving my Matchless Clubman in a lonely storage locker, but it's better than getting rid of it.

Pride and joy, my '96 Gibson Historic Series es-355. What a guitar...

i'm just drooling at the Electro Spanish 355 right now, is it P90s or regular humbuckers on it?

#14 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

bass.jpg

seriousguitar_zps12ddc9be.gif

#15 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

seriousguitar_zps12ddc9be.gif

hahaha yea buddy! 

#16 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I got caught up in a gear whoring phase (it didn't help that I used to spend like 5 hours a day on Harmony Central and TGP) so at one point I had a Bogner Shiva, Mesa Road King, and Dr. Z Maz 38 but those all got sold and I now have 2 Marshall Class 5's. The simpler the better and I also hated carrying around half stacks with my Camry. Guitars I've always been a minimalist. I have a Strat I built about 5 years back and my Gibson Les Paul Std Doublecut. Never got into Teles even though I love how they look. For acoustic I have a Breedlove that I absolutely adore and will never get rid of. Don't even get me started on pedals...

#17 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Not selling anything, and the only thing I want to buy I can't afford (Rickenbacker 4001). Anyways, these are the (bass) guitars I'm playing:

If it's a SG Standard then I'd jump all over it for that price but if it's a SG Special then you can find that price all day.

#18 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Chatting it up with Humberto and I told em I was buying a guitar. A plain non big name. So far I know chords D,A,E. look out jimmy Hendrix!

Hey you gotta start somewhere. I'm 28 and yes I know it's late starting but I enjoy it. Ill keep plugging away at the chords and learning. One day I hope to purchase a dream axe and be worthy of playing it!

#19 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

You're never too old or a kung fu master enough to start something new

vandamme_zps0cfb991d.gif

#20 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

that is a sick name for a band! BLOOD SPORT!!!!!

First track "sand in my eyes".

sick film! :headbang: