Photo

Curve that should be available at Retail

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

I always think there are a couple patterns that companies would make a killing on if they made it available at retail. Any ideas?

My Choice:

A closed Sakic. Same profile, lie, rocker, just closed.

IG: Fooj Media

#2 bluelinebully

bluelinebully
  • LocationMontco, PA

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

I would love to try out a P10.  I saw a thread where someone from Base said they'd be producing them, but didn't see them available on their blade chart.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I only know of two players who use that curve and only one of them is a righty.  I can't remember ever seeing a Giroux stick available in the wild and don't know that I'd be able to afford it if it came up.

Any other righthanders out there that use a P10?

Max steez.

I know a lot more than you about collecting bud, so save the shit

#3 firefighter55

firefighter55
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

I would say a patrick kane pro stock p10 curve, not sure how many they would sell since its pretty dame straight,  the patricik sharp curve looks pretty cool but I have only seen them in righty and I'm a lefty.   I also use a tanner kero pro stock which is a slight heel curve, but what I like about it, is that the blade is tall.  Awesome for catching saucers!! 

Looking for:
Blackhawks Hawks HGTK 14” Gloves

#4 Nicker87

Nicker87

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

I'd love to see a p88 in a true lie 6

#5 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

I would love to try out a P10.  I saw a thread where someone from Base said they'd be producing them, but didn't see them available on their blade chart.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I only know of two players who use that curve and only one of them is a righty.  I can't remember ever seeing a Giroux stick available in the wild and don't know that I'd be able to afford it if it came up.

Justin braun lol but theyre 100 flex clear

#6 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

P19/P36

P02 with a lie 5 or even 6. Who the hell needs a lie 7??? Similar note, I'd love to see a P02 with a rounded toe.

Custom everything.

#7 Goldberg21

Goldberg21
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Mcdavid's pro curve is nice, not sure what it's comparable to but I wish I could try it in a rh

#8 - M

- M

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

P19/P36

P02 with a lie 5 or even 6. Who the hell needs a lie 7??? Similar note, I'd love to see a P02 with a rounded toe.

Depends on the brand since there is no industry standard for measuring lie. P02 with a round toe will be p91/p91a

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#9 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Depends on the brand since there is no industry standard for measuring lie. P02 with a round toe will be p91/p91a

would you say a round toe lidstrom would be more of a H15? I feel like the p02s pocket is deeper/more scooped and more of a mid heel than the drurys

#10 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

P91/P91A is a wedge, P02 definitely has more depth to it.

Custom everything.

#11 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

I would love to try out a P10. I saw a thread where someone from Base said they'd be producing them, but didn't see them available on their blade chart.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I only know of two players who use that curve and only one of them is a righty. I can't remember ever seeing a Giroux stick available in the wild and don't know that I'd be able to afford it if it came up.

Not every curve Base offers is in their pictures on the website. They do indeed have a p10 in tapered blades and OPS. Send an email, or give them a call. I have delt with them a lot in the past and they are great. I still have hossa blades (bc01) from like 7 years ago. The quality is unreal. Also have 3 Malkin pros lying around. If it wasn't for my current set up, Krejci sticks with a large cache, I would only be dealing with them. And I will probably send them the stick for custom molds when I reach that point.

#12 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Mcdavid's pro curve is nice, not sure what it's comparable to but I wish I could try it in a rh

he used iginla curve on the marlies AAA. added more toe to it

#13 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

P10 all the way

#14 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

W10 gionta and lidstrom

#15 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

lidstrom

You can still find P02s from Bauer. They're just MTO.

Custom everything.

#16 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I always think there are a couple patterns that companies would make a killing on if they made it available at retail. Any ideas?

My Choice:

A closed Sakic. Same profile, lie, rocker, just closed.

I guess you're thinking of something like the TPS P61 Nash or Sher-Wood PP61 Plekanec?

P10 is available as the BC14 Shanahan in Regular, Stiff, and Extra Stiff blade flexes, LH or RH, as tapered blades or OPS! Shoot me a message or call the Vancouver head office if you want more info.

I would say a patrick kane pro stock p10 curve, not sure how many they would sell since its pretty dame straight,  the patricik sharp curve looks pretty cool but I have only seen them in righty and I'm a lefty.   I also use a tanner kero pro stock which is a slight heel curve, but what I like about it, is that the blade is tall.  Awesome for catching saucers!! 

Kane Pro is a modified P10/BC14. A bit straighter, but otherwise very close.

P19/P36

We have the P19 as the BM19 Sakic, and the P36 as the BH23 Drury. Available in several different lies (including lie 4 lol!), 3 different blade flexes, LH or RH, blades or OPS.

would you say a round toe lidstrom would be more of a H15? I feel like the p02s pocket is deeper/more scooped and more of a mid heel than the drurys

I think that's accurate. Lidstrom and Drury are actually quite different and play differently. Love the Lidstrom but not a huge fan of the Drury. Just seems like a sand wedge to me, not a hockey curve lol.

P91/P91A is a wedge, P02 definitely has more depth to it.

Agreed!

Not every curve Base offers is in their pictures on the website. They do indeed have a p10 in tapered blades and OPS. Send an email, or give them a call. I have delt with them a lot in the past and they are great. I still have hossa blades (bc01) from like 7 years ago. The quality is unreal. Also have 3 Malkin pros lying around. If it wasn't for my current set up, Krejci sticks with a large cache, I would only be dealing with them. And I will probably send them the stick for custom molds when I reach that point.

I do have some better pics if you'd like. I know we don't have everything on our website, and the 3D graphics of the patterns can be a bit misleading. By the way, if you do decide to go with a custom mould for the Krejci, we might be able to bring it to "retail" as a standard pattern like we did with the Shanahan, Coffey, and Kovalev Pro. If you can find some more people who are interested, it can definitely happen and you wouldn't have to pay for the mould.

P10 all the way

BC14 is your best bet! Beats hunting out pro stock twigs with fixed specs...

W10 gionta and lidstrom

We offer the Lidstrom in Lie 6 as the BC02, if you're still looking. A few other manufacturers still have it available at retail as well, although it's less popular these days.

#17 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

the thing is i dont think anyone wants to really pay $300 for a twig.

finding a pro stock p10 would be the best bet.

#18 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

the thing is i dont think anyone wants to really pay $300 for a twig.

finding a pro stock p10 would be the best bet.

I hear ya! Our senior SuperNatural OPS is $195, or you can get a tapered SuperNatural shaft and blade combo for $180. Not that far off from a $150 pro stock twig, and it's fully customized to your specs. It's not for everyone though - you can still find used twigs for like $100 or less on the gear exchange here. If you're really budget conscious and already have a tapered shaft (or can get a used one for cheap), our tapered blades are $65.

Plus, righty P10 pro stock twigs are pretty hard to come by. You're looking at Kane, Giroux, or Braun, pretty much.

#19 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

I hear ya! Our senior SuperNatural OPS is $195, or you can get a tapered SuperNatural shaft and blade combo for $180. Not that far off from a $150 pro stock twig, and it's fully customized to your specs. It's not for everyone though - you can still find used twigs for like $100 or less on the gear exchange here. If you're really budget conscious and already have a tapered shaft (or can get a used one for cheap), our tapered blades are $65.

Plus, righty P10 pro stock twigs are pretty hard to come by. You're looking at Kane, Giroux, or Braun, pretty much.

But not Kane, only if rotated in the 4th dimension.

#20 noodle3872

noodle3872
  • LocationChilliwack BC

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Bauer's P89 would be my call.