Photo

Curve question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

So I've been really back and forth between the p28 and p14 curves. To me they feel about the same lie, at least it hasn't been an issue. I really like the toe curve of the p28 but much prefer the lower loft of the p14 so basically my question is is the warrior w10 curve something that could fit this bill? I realize it's been discontinued but I figured since they have their customized back up I might as well ask.

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

So I've been really back and forth between the p28 and p14 curves. To me they feel about the same lie, at least it hasn't been an issue. I really like the toe curve of the p28 but much prefer the lower loft of the p14 so basically my question is is the warrior w10 curve something that could fit this bill? I realize it's been discontinued but I figured since they have their customized back up I might as well ask.

I was having a similar conversation earlier in the week.  If you go to something like the gionta, the main thing youre going to run into is that the toe isn’t beveled.  IMO the p14 has a more gradual rocker through out the blade than the dual lie e28, but nevertheless has a rockered toe which allows you to pull in for the snap.  Much like if you were to try a perry pro, spezza pro, or the old gionta I think this adjustment would overshadow any benefits of a closed toe.

IG: Fooj Media

#3 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

I was having a similar conversation earlier in the week.  If you go to something like the gionta, the main thing youre going to run into is that the toe isn’t beveled.  IMO the p14 has a more gradual rocker through out the blade than the dual lie e28, but nevertheless has a rockered toe which allows you to pull in for the snap.  Much like if you were to try a perry pro, spezza pro, or the old gionta I think this adjustment would overshadow any benefits of a closed toe.

That's really the one thing I was worried about. It may not be a problem though because I can still pull im decent snappers with the oshie pro curve and pm9 I just can't stick handle for crap with them. Maybe a kovalchuk pro would be a better choice?

#4 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

That's really the one thing I was worried about. It may not be a problem though because I can still pull im decent snappers with the oshie pro curve and pm9 I just can't stick handle for crap with them. Maybe a kovalchuk pro would be a better choice?

possibly, but the lie is very low compared to the other patterns.  But if you can shoot fine with the lie on a pm9 you might be ok

#5 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

How does the depth of a kovalchuk pro compare to a p28 curve? Is it much deeper or about the same?

#6 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

How does the depth of a kovalchuk pro compare to a p28 curve? Is it much deeper or about the same?

The thing with the kovalchuk is that the heel literally curves back, like a question mark. Then goes straight for an inch or two in the middle and then hits the toe curve. So its hard to say.  It’s the closest feeling to a lacrosse cradle that I can imagine IMO.  The Kreps is like a quarter of a drury with the toe on the end.  Hard to compare the depths but the kovy will feel deeper and feel easier to hold on to the puck, the flat rocker helps with that too

#7 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

He's got a lot of variations too. Some at the 3/4" limit, deeper than a Kreps. I agree with Fooj, he hit it straight on the head: to me the Kreps looks like it's a modified Drury. At the heel it's more of a wedge.