Photo

Torn Scapholunate Ligament

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

Has anyone ever done this to their wrist?  I partially tore mine 2 months ago playing hockey and I still can't move my wrist in extension or radial deviation without significant pain.  I've been babying the hell out of it and wearing splints pretty regularly, but it isn't improving.  I've seen two wrist surgeons and the prognosis isn't very good.  With surgery, I guess there is a 70% chance of a good outcome, and the "good" outcome is like 75% strength/mobility.  I was advised to leave it alone for now even though it won't heal correctly, because I have better strength and mobility than surgery will provide.  Just curious if anyone has gone through this and if they can go about life without pain and more importantly play hockey still.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#2 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

Don't know anything about this, but wishing you a speedy recovery

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#3 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Mapleleafs

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#4 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

As someone who is still recovering from complicated surgery my best advice is to not read anything about it on the fucking internet. I know you said you've seen 2 surgeons but I'd suggest chatting with a Physical Therapist and get an idea of what recovery looks like or if there's anything they can do to prevent surgery.

Also sounds like Mark Fayne had issues like this as well and he's back playing pro hockey so there's that. Hang in there dude and I hope you get some answers!