Photo

Marsblade

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 puckhead24

puckhead24

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Does anyone know anything about the Marsblade roller frame ?

http://marsblade.com/

Looking for any information on people who have used them.

Thanks !

#2 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

The roller one is great, I'be bought multiple so far and would buy again if mine ever break - so far after 2 years both a running strong.

Feeling is very ice-like, I leave the screw for the rocker almost completely open.

While they are meant for off-ice training, I've used them in games as-well without any problems.

#3 puckhead24

puckhead24

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

The roller one is great, I'be bought multiple so far and would buy again if mine ever break - so far after 2 years both a running strong.

Feeling is very ice-like, I leave the screw for the rocker almost completely open.

While they are meant for off-ice training, I've used them in games as-well without any problems.

Yeah. I would be looking to use it in games

#4 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

There's a big thread on Modsquad about this chassis that has plenty of comments from users. If you're considering the Marsblade you may also want to read the threads that discuss the Sprung Chassis. I've used Sprungs for a while now and prefer them to the Tuuk Rocker and the flat chassis I used before that. The third option to consider if you're looking for something with an ice like feel is the Fizix chassis that should be coming out this year - it's in the prototype stage, but is designed by the same guy who designed the Sprungs. It's basically supposed to be an improved version of the Sprungs made with aluminum. Fizix has a Facebook page with pictures and some general details.

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

Ive never heard of them, but they definitely have a cool intro video!

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

Ice version of Marsblade; Kickstarter coming in June (according to an email that they sent me when I inquired):

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#7 Aussiescott

Aussiescott
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

Another +1 for marsblade been on them for 3 years nothing compares imo

#8 puckhead24

puckhead24

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Another +1 for marsblade been on them for 3 years nothing compares imo

Game situations or only training ?

#9 turbo66

turbo66

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

Do they have a user weight limit or anything? I'm curious how they would survive in games if you're heavy set at 220+ lbs.

#10 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

None that I know of, didn't have any problems after an injury where I had hit ~210lbs.

#11 nicnok

nicnok
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

There's a big thread on Modsquad about this chassis that has plenty of comments from users. If you're considering the Marsblade you may also want to read the threads that discuss the Sprung Chassis. I've used Sprungs for a while now and prefer them to the Tuuk Rocker and the flat chassis I used before that. The third option to consider if you're looking for something with an ice like feel is the Fizix chassis that should be coming out this year - it's in the prototype stage, but is designed by the same guy who designed the Sprungs. It's basically supposed to be an improved version of the Sprungs made with aluminum. Fizix has a Facebook page with pictures and some general details.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who's used them both. With spring sprung here (sorry) I've been seriously considering stepping my game up to the marsblades. I will do some follow-up on the Spring chassis tho. If for no other reason that the marsblades seem like I'd be too far up off the ground.

#12 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

I've had both Marsblades and Sprungs and they both do a great job of replicating an ice-like feel. Overall, I like the Sprungs better. The Marsblades felt tall and bulky, while the Sprungs are lighter and feel more like an ice skate in my opinion. I currently have Sprungs on my Jetspeeds and they work great for outdoor roller hockey. I can't comment too much on the durability because I only skate on them once or twice a month, but they seem to be holding up well so far. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#13 Aussiescott

Aussiescott
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

I've only used the marsblade in training situations and I found the work put in off the ice really paid off on the ice

#14 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

One user on Modsquad who compared the two noted that, "sprungs allow you to be on 4, 3, 2, or 1 wheel(s). While the marsblade don't allow this. I notice the difference while stopping and making tight turns. The stopping control/feel with spungs is 10/10, marsblade 8/10, and rigid chassis 4/10."

#15 TokenGoon

TokenGoon
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:33 AM

I've only used the marsblade in training situations and I found the work put in off the ice really paid off on the ice

Have you done any specific drills or just skated?

#16 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

They released a Kickstarter campaign today.

Pavel Barber.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#17 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

I'm curious how these will hold up to impacts and general wear and tear. For speed and agility from a pure skating perspective the idea makes sense. What about shooting, quick evasions, etc: will it make those actions feel more awkward?

#18 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

I was able to get in on the "super early bird" special. It was something that intrigued me, and I figured with such a huge discount why not. They met their mark within 72 hours as well, which I believe was 80k...that's pretty good. It will be a little bit, but am very excited to get these around June/July next year and give them the full run through.

#19 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

This sounds awesome but they are going to crash hard if they are expecting $300-$350 for the holders. I was excited about this until I saw the price!
Liddy:-)