Photo

Member Avernal

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hey all just wanted to post a warning to any and all here not only about this member but PayPal in general.

I sold a set of skates to Avernal on April 24. After cutting him a slight deal on price and everything seems great. He received the skates on April 28 and left me great feedback.... once again deal was done everything seems great. Then almost 2 weeks later he claims the skates are defective? And then says he can even see it in the photos of the skates... I told him I was not comfortable with this as it's been 2 weeks since and also mentioned if he can see it so clearly in the photos why would he purchase them? He claims the skates are un skateable now 2 weeks after he's had them and already left me good feed back...?

He tells me he will open a case with PayPal and I told him to go ahead I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. After I won the case with PayPal this member went over paypals head and revoked his claim with his bank then taking the money from PayPal and thus PayPal took the money from me.

I contacted PayPal for days over this and was told this happens at times and it is a criminal charge and then was provided the number to his local police station and told I should file a claim with them and hope for the best.

Avernal did return my skates to me after all of this which is great. However it was exactly what I was worried about he lied and had used them when he claimed he never skates in them and even claimed to have a broken ankle. They've been sharpened, the speed plates have been molded. Theyres even rust now marking the bottom of the speed plates, and worse of all he popped the stitching on the injected molded eyelets. He damaged them and then screwed me over to cut his own losses.

This is partially my fault for dealing with a member who had a grand total of 1 post ever before this but after speaking with dupes he suggested I post my experience so everyone is for warned.

Since he went in and deleted his feedback and changed it after I told him how apparent it was he was lying.

As you can see on April 28 his exact words were "great skates as described. Quick shipping" then 2 weeks later after his own abuse he develops a problem and in turn screws me over.
18EBCB71-5A01-4216-A92A-5272F96DD5D2_zps

#2 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Do you have pictures of before ans after to post in here?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#3 avernal

avernal

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Okay, let me set the record straight on this.  Numan is flat out lying on this.

I paid $400 for used skates, not damaged/unusable skates.  The damage is in the original listing photo.  I didn't skate on them or use them.  I only tried them on for 5-10 minutes when I noticed the damage.  Numan should have called out the damage when selling them.  Here's Numan's response when I brought up the damage:

"I'm not really sure what to do here man, skates are kinda sold as is. I also didn't notice any "buckling" in the skates prior. If you say the damage you are feeling you went to check on in the photos and see, isint that kind of your fault? "

"Would you be okay with me re listing the skates for sale to attempt a sale getting the buyers money and paying you back your money and shipping to send them out to new buyer?"

So, not only was he okay selling me damaged skates, he was okay passing it along to the next member.  I told him I wanted no part of that.  He sold them and this was his problem.

He also told me to take it up with Paypal, so I did.  They guided me through the process and told me that his account could be suspended and that I did NOT have to return the skates.  Of course I returned the skates.

I returned them almost exactly as they arrived, with sharpened steel, used speed plates (not the new ones in the listing photo) and the damage Numan called out in his new photos.  The only difference was the new (used) laces that I pulled from the bottom of my hockey bag.

Yes Numan, as I told you in our message thread, I threw out the original laces and would not be able to send them back.

That's pretty much the whole story here.

1N Skates - Numan

#4 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

Do you have pictures of before ans after to post in here?

No problem!

Here they are as I sold them, brand new laces un waxed. Brand new tongues, and brand new in the package speed plates.

31314281-A5EB-451A-9921-3B77C7E7ED29_zps

Received them back sharpened, with these very apparently used waxed laces in them.
C464F43A-CF1D-4D6B-8BC9-5A4E22060CEC_zps

And very obviously molded to his foot and used several time speed plates.
E12E7D34-6CAE-44D0-BCD1-BB797757092E_zps
438D5DBB-85D3-47A2-B997-0E6DF5A693E9_zps
The speed plates even picked up impressions of the rivets from the weight of him skating on them.
0744DA68-32C7-4079-A773-E746A2EE1A75_zps
And here is where he popped the stitching on the injected eyelets on the inside of the boot. Opposite to what he claims to be the "damaged" area
C72F5674-4760-48B6-A132-4A125572E888_zps

#5 CAPS10

CAPS10

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

Jesus... sorry to hear Numes

#6 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

You have to skate in them several times for the rivet impression on those speedplates - with or without properly venting them out. I had to mold mine twice and they didn't have impressions until 3/4 hard skates after. Avernal you should try buying a retail skate - skate in them 5 times and try to return, you won't be as lucky to get your funds back. Sorry you got the run around, Numan.

Tickle the twine

#7 bluelinebully

bluelinebully
  • LocationMontco, PA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

Have you sent these pictures to PayPal?

I had a similar issue on eBay and was able to prove the buyer damaged the product with pictures that showed the before and after condition. The item was returned, I got the full purchase price back, and the buyer was kicked off of eBay.

This was a few years ago, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Edit: Sorry, missed the paragraph where you said you contacted PayPal. Filing a report and having an officer show up to his door may change his story.
Max steez.

I know a lot more than you about collecting bud, so save the shit

#8 avernal

avernal

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

On the speedplates, the ones numan sent were not new and not in packaging.

What numan got back is what he sent, minus the non-waxed laces.

If you look at the photo from my post, the damage was already there before they were posted for sale and before they were sent to me.  That's really what this is about.

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

Have you sent these pictures to PayPal?

I had a similar issue on eBay and was able to prove the buyer damaged the product with pictures that showed the before and after condition. The item was returned, I got the full purchase price back, and the buyer was kicked off of eBay.

This was a few years ago, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Edit: Sorry, missed the paragraph where you said you contacted PayPal. Filing a report and having an officer show up to his door may change his story.

No worries buddy, yeah PayPal kinda told me to kick rocks. One lady was very helpful even said "wow you've been a perfect member for 15 years" the lady she passed me onto was less helpful. eBay would provide seller protection but I guess I didnt get that

#10 avernal

avernal

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Okay, let me set the record straight on this.  Numan is flat out lying on this.

I paid $400 for used skates, not damaged/unusable skates.  The damage is in the original listing photo.  I didn't skate on them or use them.  I only tried them on for 5-10 minutes when I noticed the damage.  Numan should have called out the damage when selling them.  Here's Numan's response when I brought up the damage:

"I'm not really sure what to do here man, skates are kinda sold as is. I also didn't notice any "buckling" in the skates prior. If you say the damage you are feeling you went to check on in the photos and see, isint that kind of your fault? "

"Would you be okay with me re listing the skates for sale to attempt a sale getting the buyers money and paying you back your money and shipping to send them out to new buyer?"

So, not only was he okay selling me damaged skates, he was okay passing it along to the next member.  I told him I wanted no part of that.  He sold them and this was his problem.

He also told me to take it up with Paypal, so I did.  They guided me through the process and told me that his account could be suspended and that I did NOT have to return the skates.  Of course I returned the skates.

I returned them almost exactly as they arrived, with sharpened steel, used speed plates (not the new ones in the listing photo) and the damage Numan called out in his new photos.  The only difference was the new (used) laces that I pulled from the bottom of my hockey bag.

Yes Numan, as I told you in our message thread, I threw out the original laces and would not be able to send them back.

That's pretty much the whole story here.

#11 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Sounds like a he said/she said situation here fellas. Hopefully we can all just take this as a cautionary tale and move past it.

#12 jgp799

jgp799
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

I am curious why avernal would leave positive feedback, even stating they were "as described", without even closely inspecting them?

#13 avernal

avernal

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

I am curious why avernal would leave positive feedback, even stating they were "as described", without even closely inspecting them?

Because I opened the box, looked at them and thought they were fine.  I didn't really inspect them for over a week.  Look, the damage was there in the listing photo.

#14 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Unless you have something constructive to say, do not post in this topic.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#15 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

To be honest no one here is ever going to actually have the real story so there's no point in talking about it and bad mouthing anyone or justifying anything. 🙃