Photo

What are Pros wearing for Bauer helmets?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

I was curious to see if anyone could break down what pros are wearing for Bauer helmets. Obviously I see the 4500 and Re-Akts but also heard that a lot of guys were wearing IMS 9.0 with the Re-Akt zip in the back but I see some guys wearing what seems to be Re-Akt 75 or 100s?

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

That 9.0 with the zip is the reakt pro. Only pro Stock version of that helmet made to my knowledge. I've only seen suspendtech on the retail reakts

IG: Fooj Media

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

That 9.0 with the zip is the reakt pro. Only pro Stock version of that helmet made to my knowledge. I've only seen suspendtech on the retail reakts

Thanks for that. What about Re-Akt 75 or 100?

#4 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

I guess I'm curious because there is so much info out on concussions and what helmets are good for what. You then see certain guys wearing one helmet and others wearing AHL Res 100s which basically have the same type of guts as a 4500. The Virginia Tech "study" seemed to make all of the alleged best helmets fail hard in testing so I don't even know what to think. I did notice that David Pastrnak was wearing what seemed to be a Re-Akt or IMS 9.0 with no zip.

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

NHL players will wear whatever they like.

Lots of guys like VN buckets, hence, the pro RE-AKT.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Some still wear 5100's as well

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#7 asgoodasdead

asgoodasdead

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

NHL players will wear whatever they like.

this. if visors weren't made mandatory a few years ago you'd still see 18 year olds coming into the league without one. it blows my mind how you need to protect these guys from the biggest danger of all: themselves.

#8 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

Those kids are called beauties

IG: Fooj Media

#9 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Those kids are called beauties

+ 1

#10 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

I guess I'm curious because there is so much info out on concussions and what helmets are good for what. You then see certain guys wearing one helmet and others wearing AHL Res 100s which basically have the same type of guts as a 4500. The Virginia Tech "study" seemed to make all of the alleged best helmets fail hard in testing so I don't even know what to think. I did notice that David Pastrnak was wearing what seemed to be a Re-Akt or IMS 9.0 with no zip.

Don't forget the AHL has a deal with CCM that requires everyone (except those who apply to the veterans rule or if someone has issues they can wear what they want) for everyone to be in CCM helmets. 

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#11 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

Don't forget the AHL has a deal with CCM that requires everyone (except those who apply to the veterans rule or if someone has issues they can wear what they want) for everyone to be in CCM helmets.

Right, only reason why it's strange is that so many Res100 instead of Resistance helmets. Maybe it's a cost thing though.

#12 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

The best helmet isn't the one with the most technology, it's the helmet that fits your head properly. A 4500 fits my head properly whereas a v08 doesn't. Other people will find a resistance fits their head better and that's the helmet that would protect them the best.

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#13 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

Right, only reason why it's strange is that so many Res100 instead of Resistance helmets. Maybe it's a cost thing though.

res 100 has the  vn liner, more comfortable. Same thing as we saw so many more people in v08s than v10s.

I personally prefer the v08 to the v10 as well, it is a lot more comfortable.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657