Photo

Zetterberg AX1 sizing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

I know they are 13" N

I had a pair of MIC Easton Zetterberg gloves in the past.

Is the fit similar?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 NHL1987

NHL1987

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

The new ones fit more like a 12"

#3 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

I had the winter classic Zetts AX1s, and they are the tightest gloves I have ever put on, they felt tighter than the Zetts franchises I had. Almost like a 12.5" with tightened palms.

#4 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

I had the winter classic Zetts AX1s, and they are the tightest gloves I have ever put on, they felt tighter than the Zetts franchises I had. Almost like a 12.5" with tightened palms.

Had you baked them at all?  A lot of people are saying the overseas pairs need to be baked to really open up and fit normal.

#5 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Due to the bone protection foam or whatever it's called that Zett uses on his fingers, I didn't think baking would be a good idea (maybe it could warp the padding? Can anyone confirm?). They have since moved on regardless due to the fact they were just too darn tight.

#6 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Due to the bone protection foam or whatever it's called that Zett uses on his fingers, I didn't think baking would be a good idea (maybe it could warp the padding? Can anyone confirm?). They have since moved on regardless due to the fact they were just too darn tight.

I think Mincy baked his overseas pairs with good success.  If I recall correctly, it was the MIC AX1's that got all messed up.  I think Jake has a pair of Filpula Olympic MIC AX1 that were rescued by Pat after getting all messed up from baking.

#7 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

I think Mincy baked his overseas pairs with good success.  If I recall correctly, it was the MIC AX1's that got all messed up.  I think Jake has a pair of Filpula Olympic MIC AX1 that were rescued by Pat after getting all messed up from baking.

I've tried on the WC Zetts pair that Mincy baked and they felt great!

Also correct, do not bake MIC AX1 gloves. The foams the used in that model cannot handle the heat and crushed when pulling back the fingers to try to loosen them. At least this is what Pat told me.

Although as a side note, Filppula destroys the fingers on all of his gloves, but the MIC AX1 ones were much worse than the MIC Franchise pair I have.