Photo

Girdle vs normal pants

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

Actually, I'm wearing a pair of pro stock HP35 and a pair of retail Nike Quest One with a shell.

I'm thinking to sell my pair of Nike Quest One to switch for a girdle.

Since girlde are hard to find and in small size, what is the best girdle/price on the market? I heard the 9k are really good.

I just want to know what is the feeling of a girdle. Is it lighter then a pair of pants?

Thanks,

#2 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

I'll be as brief as possible:

Mobility (lightest):

- Bauer One95/Supreme Girdle (they're the same girdle with different graphics) - no tailbone protection, offers light protection overall -- all foam, no plastics

QD9iZby.pngKUOyx31.png

- Bauer MX3 Girdle (offers great overall protection up to medium impacts and yet still light)

uzH1EW8.png

Mobility (somewhat restricted) with medium protection:

- Bauer x:60 Girdle

O9wkpdm.png

- Warrior Dynasty Girdle

tn7DdcB.png

- Warrior Projekt Girdle

86yLQQW.png

Mobility (heavy) with up to high impact protection:

- Reebok 9K Girdle (the thigh pads, although they come with adjustable Velcro, tend to run a bit long, so they may not be suitable for people shorter than 5"8')

OsSsr2O.png

#3 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

What type of hockey do you play?  Checking? No checking?  Beer league?

I hated the 9k girdle.  It's heavy, and the thigh pads never fit me right at 5'9.  And it's overkill for most non-check beer league hockey.  

I use the Bauer Total One and love it.  Super light and mobile, and gets the job done.  

#4 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

^agreed, 9k is overkill.

Ive been using the warrior projekt for over 3 years and I love it.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#5 humuhumuhumu

humuhumuhumu
  • LocationOiler fan living in Calgary

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

HockeyMonkey has the Supreme TO size small in stock....

http://www.hockeymon...le-core-sr.html

#6 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Good description of the girdles.

I play Beer League (no checking) and I'm 5,5. I must admit that the HP35 have a lot of padding compare to Quest 1.

The MX3 sound a good mix of protection and mobility. What is the main difference between the Warrior Projekt and Dynasty? I never tried warrior pants.

#7 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Good description of the girdles.

I play Beer League (no checking) and I'm 5,5. I must admit that the HP35 have a lot of padding compare to Quest 1.

The MX3 sound a good mix of protection and mobility. What is the main difference between the Warrior Projekt and Dynasty? I never tried warrior pants.

The dynasty doesnt have a belly pad and no strap on thighs to tighten leg area in comparison to the projekt.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#8 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thanks, is the Easton Synergy Girdle is a good one . The blue one?

https://hockeysuprem...rgy-girdle.html

#9 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

The blue/black Easton Synergy is an awesome girdle with very high level of protection, slightly less protective in the thighs than the 9k (smaller pads) but incredible protection in the kidney / lower-back area (which is where the 9k doesn't reach as high).  

I just a minute ago upgraded my Warrior Project hip pads with additional foams, as I've hit the court in a full-contact inline game (blame the refs...) the other day and had quite heavy bruising. So I wouldn't see the Project as "Medium" protection but rather "Low", I stopped using mine on ice a few years ago but continued to wear my TotalONE.

#10 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the info, I think a found a great deal for that.

#11 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

CCM just released 2 new girdles. I got the Super Tacks- mobile, protective, and light. I have the Dynasty too, and have ben using it for a couple years, but I am not thrilled about it- not enough tightening ability with the single belt.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#12 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

I found a Easton Synergy Girdle for a really for price. I have tried a 9k, and the girdle was to long in the leg area. The Easton got a lot à protection overall and it is really light.

#13 TokenGoon

TokenGoon
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Can confirm that 9K is very protective but very heavy.

My large girdle with large CCM shell is 2.3KG

Would definately look for something lighter for no contact games

#14 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

I found a Easton Synergy Girdle for a really for price. I have tried a 9k, and the girdle was to long in the leg area. The Easton got a lot à protection overall and it is really light.

I picked up a Synergy HTX a couple of months ago at close out prices (I think it was marked down to about $65) and I agree it has a good deal of protection (esp in the upper areas/back) and is very light.  I find it fits smaller than other girdles I've owned and the thigh pads don't go down as low but other than that I really love it (I wear medium but could possibly fit in a large in this one).  I used a Bauer Supreme One.8 for about a year before and couldn't stand how the whole girdle opened up as well as how little it felt like it protected.  Before that I had an older Synergy girdle from the early 00's and a Bauer back in the 90's.  I just can't bring myself to go back to traditional hockey pants. 

- Jon

#15 darkhors

darkhors
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

The NXG/MX3 is a great girdle. I use it and it's very mobile and has great protection for beer league and it's very adjustable. The only thing I wish it had more of is just a hair higher spine protection, but that's just personal preference.

#16 Bruins243

Bruins243

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

Does anyone know if there will be a girdle in the Warrior Alpha line?

#17 wobblypops

wobblypops

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Hated the 9k girdle. I have a medium x60 girdle for sale here, if I wasn't so fat around the waist nowadays I'd definitely be using it.

looking for Dallas/Texas Stars & UND Fighting Sioux gear

#18 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

I have the One95 girdle and it's magnificent. I'd never go back to pants. Plus shells take up less space and are cheaper than pants so having many is easier. 

#19 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Just found a good place for custom shell, it's call Oksports near Montreal. And there shell cover the hip.