Photo

Auston Matthews stick specs?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 AmeriCanadian

AmeriCanadian
  • LocationMO

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

I know he uses a p92ish curve around 77-82 flex but does anyone know the length of the stick he uses?

#2 romdj

romdj
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

+1 I'm really curious about what length he's using

#3 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

I believe it’s just at a retail Bauer height if not a touch shorter

#4 bmwguy73

bmwguy73
  • LocationLeafLand

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

P92 max height blade, 82 Flex 1N

#5 WARRIOR17

WARRIOR17
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:01 PM

From what I know, P92 and he said he has tweaked it a little bit, don’t think it’s maxed imo. 82 flex true nexus construction. He uses a short stick, so retail height 60” would be my guess.

#6 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

The side profile on his blade looks like a regular P92, not a max height.

#7 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

stock 1N, p92, 82.

Herd he tried a ton of other combos but always went back

IG: Fooj Media

#8 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:53 PM

seen his game used stick before at the ACC store, he uses a G3 at some point

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

don't worry, none of us will ever be able to shoot like him.....

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#10 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:45 AM

I saw a video yesterday on NHL Network where he was talking about his shot and he said he uses a pretty short stick

#11 romdj

romdj

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:04 AM

I saw a video yesterday on NHL Network where he was talking about his shot and he said he uses a pretty short stick

saw the same, exactly why I'm curious about height

#12 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

These posts always crack me up. Almost as if these guys are using some secret stick specs that make them shoot the way they do.

You know what makes them shoot that well? Insane talent and thousands of hours of practice. Matthews could go top titties with a rusty tie rod from a '95 Chevy Celebrity...

#13 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

These posts always crack me up. Almost as if these guys are using some secret stick specs that make them shoot the way they do.

You know what makes them shoot that well? Insane talent and thousands of hours of practice. Matthews could go top titties with a rusty tie rod from a '95 Chevy Celebrity...

What length and stick lie do you think he’d use on the tie rod?

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#14 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

You mean to tell me if I don’t cut my P92 82 1N to exactly 64.74748473 inches standing against a wall I won’t be able to go bar down at will on NHL tendys?

#15 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Where can I get a pro stock tie rod then huh wise guy :D

#16 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

What length and stick lie do you think he’d use on the tie rod?

I'm just wondering if the lie will change if he cuts it down...

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

yea it's always funny when i see these threads. 

1) Player X is turning it up and lighting up the league.

2) New thread on 2k about what stick and flex he's using.

Don't get me wrong from a marketing perspective it's awesome for bauer as the 1n is one of their best selling twigs, i know lotsa plugs who bought the twig just cause AM34 is on fire. 

BUT using same spec won't make you shoot like him. Spending money at shooting school or with darryl belfry will, not a magical stick, this ain't harry potter. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#18 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

yea it's always funny when i see these threads.

1) Player X is turning it up and lighting up the league.
2) New thread on 2k about what stick and flex he's using.

Don't get me wrong from a marketing perspective it's awesome for bauer as the 1n is one of their best selling twigs, i know lotsa plugs who bought the twig just cause AM34 is on fire.

BUT using same spec won't make you shoot like him. Spending money at shooting school or with darryl belfry will, not a magical stick, this ain't harry potter.

"Expecto patrOWN the moment." -Bauer, probably.

#19 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Harry Potter has answered your prayer:

#20 romdj

romdj

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:42 AM

Sticks are part of the shooting mechanics, before, Kovalchuk and Vrbata (and quite a few other I'm sure) were one of the few players using a toe curve, and Kessel one of the few using a very whippy stick, now, it has now almost become mainstream to use both.

I don't see the problem with being curious about stick and their technology, and if I don't have the same equipment setup, it's harder to try and replicate the shooting mechanics.

Same goes for skate blade angle, profile and hollow.