Photo

Tuuk vs Speedblade 4.0

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

So I put my Super Tacks on side by side with Supreme 190s to compare exact fit. I noticed a height difference between the two. Supremes are taller. To the experts is it the Tuuks or the ls3 steel compared to the sb Black steel? How many of you that have Super Tacks have switched out Tuuks for SB 4.0s and why? Thanks, Dave

#2 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

So I put my Super Tacks on side by side with Supreme 190s to compare exact fit. I noticed a height difference between the two. Supremes are taller. To the experts is it the Tuuks or the ls3 steel compared to the sb Black steel? How many of you that have Super Tacks have switched out Tuuks for SB 4.0s and why? Thanks, Dave

Height difference from the bottom of the boot to the ground?

#3 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

If you match up the bottom of each boot the tuuk setup is taller than the CCM setup. I cant tell if it is just a difference in the steel or holders as well. That is why I am wondering what is the difference between the setups, good, bad, or otherwise. A few people have told me to take the Tuuks off of the Supremes and get them mounted on the Tacks. Hence my question who has switched out and why? Hope that answers the question

#4 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:25 AM

Are the Tuuks you have Edge? If so couldn't you just pop the steel out of both and compare the holders next to each other naked?

On MSH there were people saying the heel of the SB 4.0 isn't as stiff, so that's a performance consideration. I have no idea about that personally because I haven't skated on either one.

#5 - M

- M

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

I believe the SB4.0 holder is taller than the LS Edge by 1mm. Most of the Edge steel will be taller though. I've skates on both the SB4.0 and Edge. They are both excellent holders but I'm still not a fan of exposed hardware since they tend to fall out.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#6 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

So it appears the major difference lies in the steel. Ls3 is taller and not as rounded as sb black. Maybe cheaper to leave holders alone and just eventually replace with step steel when the time comes.

#7 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

I believe the SB4.0 holder is taller than the LS Edge by 1mm. Most of the Edge steel will be taller though. I've skates on both the SB4.0 and Edge. They are both excellent holders but I'm still not a fan of exposed hardware since they tend to fall out.

The amount of people who have lost hardware is incredible. I see it happen to my friends every once in a while. You'd think when they changed the design from the e-pro to the Sb4.0, they'd do something about that but nope.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#8 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

The ls3 steel on my tuuks is in great shape, what is approximate cost to switch them out. Keep in mind i would have to mount the sb4,o on the Supremes as well

#9 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Still looking for a personal opinion from someone that has actually put tuuks on their Super Tacks skates. Thanks, Dave

#10 - M

- M

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

The amount of people who have lost hardware is incredible. I see it happen to my friends every once in a while. You'd think when they changed the design from the e-pro to the Sb4.0, they'd do something about that but nope.

It is definitely a poor design.  I'm surprised they haven't done something similar to Graf's cobra holders.  Step is using the same style too.  I've seen those bolts come loose but never completely gone.

The ls3 steel on my tuuks is in great shape, what is approximate cost to switch them out. Keep in mind i would have to mount the sb4,o on the Supremes as well

My LHS charges $10 to remove or install each side.  So if you want to remove the Tuuks and mount them on the CCM and likewise with the SB4.0 on Supremes it would be $80 labour.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#11 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

So other than the way the steel is held in the holders are basically equal is what it sounds like. Any other opinions on the performance of the 2

#12 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

I'll be on the ice Tuesday with the 4.0's for the first time. I have always been in Tuuks, from custom+, to lightspeed, and on to edge. I can tell you I have not been a fan of the Edge compared to the Lightspeed. Either way I've been on edge for a couple years so it should be a good comparison. I know this doesn't help right this second.

#13 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:34 PM

No worries, i am not going out tomorrow and switching them out right away, in no rush.let me know what you think

#14 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

So, I played today on the 4.0's. I can tell you that I am a big fan. It took me a minute to get used to a little forward pitch, but after that they felt great. Turns were nice, and didn't notice any torque issues compared to the Edge. Peperformance wise, I didn't notice any substantial advantage or disadvantage compared to the Edge. I did feel like I could take turns a little tighter though. I was never a huge fan of the Edge, and could never put my finger on it. I do like these 4.0's and am excited to keep using them, especially once I get some Step Steel in them. Overall it was a big thumbs up for me.

#15 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

I think the main difference I feel may not be the holders may be the steel. Ls3 steel is a touch taller and more squared off ( for lack of a better word) than the CCM steel. May just take a while to get used to or maybe find something somewhere in the middle. Thanks for the response

#16 kongking93

kongking93

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

If we're talking height individually, the SB 4.0 holder itself will be that 1mm taller than the Edge holders. However, LS3 will be taller steel than the SB (which is approximately the height of LS2. As a unit, though, height (and if I'm not mistaken I think the profiling as well) of edge and LS3 would be the same as the SB 4.0 set up. I've skated on both and have no problems going back and forth. The only times I've really had to go through an adjustment period was coming from LS2 and going to SB as the pitch on that is different