Photo

FedEx bill after delivery?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moose

Moose

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

Long story short a member here shipped me a pair of gloves ($100 declared value - I think I paid $95 for gloves) in May. Fast forward to today and I got a bill from FedEx for nearly $50 duty. They dropped the package on my back porch without a signature. Canada Post obviously makes you pay the duty prior to delivering your package. Anyone else experience this?

#2 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, I've had that too. Even signed for the package with the driver with nothing to pay, then had a bill turn up about a month later!

#3 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Yes, I had that with a set of speakers I ordered from the US that were shipped via FedEx years ago. That's why I try to only have things shipped from the US via USPS and not UPS or FedEx ground. If UPS or FedEx are the only options it's better to pay more for their more expensive services (Air or Express - forget what they call it as it's been a while since I've had anything shipped by them that wasn't in Canada) as they include the brokerage fees for those services. You'll basically always get hit with crazy brokerage fees if you receive any out of country packages from UPS or FedEx ground - UPS will get you right away and FedEx will sometimes charge immediately and sometimes later, but both of them will kill you on the brokerage fees on ground packages.

#4 wobblypops

wobblypops

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Just got this as well, $50 CAD for gloves I paid $80 US shipped for.  So ridiculous.

looking for Dallas/Texas Stars & UND Fighting Sioux gear