Photo

Guy called me a Pylon today at afternoon shinny today

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

He tried and tried to get past me the whole game but I kept taking the puck off of him and at one time I heard him yell as he went to the bench that he can't believe he keeps getting stuffed by that pylon. As a hockey player I really don't get too bothered by chirping but he didn't even say it to me and all I could think was, if I was a pylon that means you would be blowing past me and having your way lol of course he made a tongue in cheek comment about my stick length afterwards in the change rooM :D some people take shinns way too serious

#2 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

If you can't wheel past a dude with ease then you don't have the right to call the dude a pylon. Most likely if you keep getting the puck stripped off of you then you probably don't have the right to call anyone anything in general. 

You always get that go hard at shinny every once in a while. The random dude who chases you way too hard when going towards the boards, too much stick work, slapshots through traffic and thinks his stick is a sword, keep that god damn thing on the ice. People just gotta learn what shinny etiquette is. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

If you can't wheel past a dude with ease then you don't have the right to call the dude a pylon.

Exactly! :y

Thats one of the reasons I never go to shinny or dont really play competitive anymore, way to many guys are still living the dream and still believes there are hidden scouts in the empty stands.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

If you follow on the bench, there always scoutys in the bleachys boys.....

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#5 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

all the time people chirp about pro stock gear .. i think some people are jealous .. i hate guys that think they are playing game 7 and want to show they are good but always loosing the puck also they want to dangle through the weak players first lol i rather make plays even if the players are good ot not everybody wants to have fun

#6 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

Shinny's that i go to aren't that bad dupes, but the odd time you get that guy that makes everyone roll their eyes, it's not a common thing. The ones i go to generally have pretty good to high level guys with a couple less experienced guys. It's a mix but most know to pass the puck and not take 20 min shifts so they're pretty good. It's actually pretty nice, the one i go to you see a lot of the same faces all the time sprinkled in with randoms here and there so it's a good time. Other than that i just run my own private skate as well where many members on the forum have attended. 

I will agree with you on the league part, i play one tournament a year with some very good friends and that's it for competitive. Mainly because there's just not enough ice time either at beer league, at least at the shinny's there's two hours of ice and sometimes more. I feel so disappointed after a game, always feel like i have so much more energy to expend. 

#7 cott1

cott1

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

He tried and tried to get past me the whole game but I kept taking the puck off of him and at one time I heard him yell as he went to the bench that he can't believe he keeps getting stuffed by that pylon. As a hockey player I really don't get too bothered by chirping but he didn't even say it to me and all I could think was, if I was a pylon that means you would be blowing past me and having your way lol of course he made a tongue in cheek comment about my stick length afterwards in the change rooM :D some people take shinns way too serious

Sorry dude, I'll never do it again.
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#8 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

I've had guys try to fight me at shinny, or throw a shoulder into me. I'm ex-army and played Lax my whole life, so not nervous to confrontations or anything. I just don't understand how people don't have self-control over something like this. We all pay 5-10$ to play, and none of us are making the NHL so settle a wee-bit. 

The chirp 'pylon' is pretty hilarious though, would've made me laugh on the ice. 

#9 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

lol I'll try my hand at being a pylon again this week. Chirping doesn't bother me in shinny it's just kind of funny he blamed his lack of being able to dance around me on me somehow :D Definatley have seen shinny games escalate though to a point where guys get banned from the rink

#10 kongking93

kongking93

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

We all pay 5-10$ to play, and none of us are making the NHL so settle a wee-bit.

Definitely convinced now I'm getting ripped off paying $20+ at my local rink 😅

#11 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

Definitely convinced now I'm getting ripped off paying $20+ at my local rink

$20 for pick up shinny?!?! where the hell do you live

#12 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

$20 is crazy. The rink I go to is pretty cool though, for a hundred bucks a month you can play every day, use the gym, pool, shoot hoops, whatever you want