Looking for 7 extra skaters for this Sunday 09/17 - Ann Arbor

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hey guys.

Any S.E. Michigan area (or anywhere) skaters want to play at Yost Ice Arena?  I have booked ice for my Co-ed group from Windsor, but haven't filled up all my spots. Right now I have 23 of 30 skaters.  I'm looking for 7 more.  I already have one member here (Markov94) and his son coming.  So it'd be nice to see some more from this board.

My local group is a wide range from beginners and moderate skaters.  So it may not be a fast paced skate. It's just a fun, carefree group.

So here's the full details:

Sunday Sept 17 (This coming Sunday)

Yost Ice Arena @ U of M Campus

11am-1pm (2hrs, flood in between)

$30USD ($40CDN) a skater

Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

#2 Nightcast

Nightcast
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

I'll play

#3 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

Awesome! 4 spots available now

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:09 AM

Woah what? $30 a person with 30 skaters??? You're trying to tell me it's $900 for 2 hours of ice????? I literally played two hours this afternoon for 8 bucks a person with only 14 skaters. I get a membership at a rink for $100 a month and skate 6 days a week full equipment shinny games, Max allowed 20 players + 2 goalies plus use the membership for the gym/pool. That doesn't sound right at all. That's some straight up fleecing.

#5 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

It's $400 an hour on the weekend. So for 2 hours its $800.  PLUS I also have to deal with fluctuations of the US/CAD currency exchange. Right now I have 25 skaters.  MEANING it's at $750 that I'm collecting.  THAT ALSO MEANS I'm putting in $50 of MY OWN MONEY TO IT.  But thanks for the accusations! 

#6 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Dude, ice costs different in different places. Also no one cares about your membership. Maybe out in the boonies ice is 100$, but in actual cities, it easily gets up to 300-400$ an hour, especially for nicer facilities. Be a little more self aware.

#7 Jack the ripper

Jack the ripper
  • LocationBC

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Yeah where I'm from it's $250-$350 for a prime ice rental time.. matter of fact This Saturday at the same time is $800 + tax.. the fact he has to manage getting 30 guys together to make this work I commend him for just breaking even..

#8 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Dude, ice costs different in different places. Also no one cares about your membership. Maybe out in the boonies ice is 100$, but in actual cities, it easily gets up to 300-400$ an hour, especially for nicer facilities. Be a little more self aware.

Self aware? You just called Calgary the boonies lmao You're getting played if you think 900 for playing rec for 2 hours is a good deal.

#9 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

It's not about just playing rec nor did I think it was a good deal.  But for most of us who's playing, it's the fact that we're Michigan Wolverines fans and would like to play on their home ice.  It's a big price to pay, but for a one time deal, I'll deal with it.  Yeah I can pay $10 for an hour and a half of ice in my home rink no problem.

Anyway.......I still have spots open for anyone else who will want to play.

#10 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Woah what? $30 a person with 30 skaters??? You're trying to tell me it's $900 for 2 hours of ice????? I literally played two hours this afternoon for 8 bucks a person with only 14 skaters. I get a membership at a rink for $100 a month and skate 6 days a week full equipment shinny games, Max allowed 20 players + 2 goalies plus use the membership for the gym/pool. That doesn't sound right at all. That's some straight up fleecing.

You sound like a rookie right now. Guess you have no clue what it costs to rent a pro rink. Some people are into it because they want that experience. 

Try renting the Ricoh where the marlies play, $1500/hr, ACC $6000/h.

In Toronto ice for most normal rinks its $200 and up during prime. If you want to rent at MCC where the leafs practice it's $400 plus. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#11 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

No where in his post does it say "pro arena". It says the arena name, I'm supposed to automatically assume it's the same rink the Wolverines play? Not really a big deal. Even that is over priced either way. Buddy up there says Calgary is a hick town but the facility is brand new and the ice is great. I've played on arena ice also, hockey is hockey boys.

#12 darklight616

darklight616

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

something is only worth what someone will pay for it.
not worth $30 to you, might be worth $100 to someone else.
i think $30 for 2hrs at yost is a steal and jumped on the chance.

#13 DiesILL

DiesILL
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Your making yourself look like a complete idiot. JBerrera is a great dude who sets ups special events for his squad at cost. I was lucky enough to be part of it one year and had a great time! A simple search of the facility may have saved you from yourself. If your only aware of the costs around you, then you had no business commenting in here. I would have gladly thrown in to be apart of this event if I didn't already have plans. Why is it always the plugs that have useless things to say...

Anyways JBerrera good luck with the event! Wish I could be apart of it!

#14 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

You should probably shut up now cause you sound like an idiot, think before you talk kid. 

People will pay what they want to skate where they want. I skated at the rooftop rink last year in toronto where they did all those promo's. Ice was $2000 per hour and there was a bunch of us so do the math. I've skated at ACC and other places too.

Just cause you can't do these things doesn't mean someone else won't. 

#15 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

No where in his post does it say "pro arena". It says the arena name, I'm supposed to automatically assume it's the same rink the Wolverines play? Not really a big deal. Even that is over priced either way. Buddy up there says Calgary is a hick town but the facility is brand new and the ice is great. I've played on arena ice also, hockey is hockey boys.

dde.jpg

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#16 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

He stated "yost ice arena"

Try google once in a while

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

dde.jpg

Who is dishmaster? Alex

#18 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

You should probably shut up now cause you sound like an idiot, think before you talk kid.

People will pay what they want to skate where they want. I skated at the rooftop rink last year in toronto where they did all those promo's. Ice was $2000 per hour and there was a bunch of us so do the math. I've skated at ACC and other places too.

Just cause you can't do these things doesn't mean someone else won't.

Roof top ice!! Shit I would have flown from Vancouver just for that. Would look great on my IG account

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#19 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

Roof top ice!! Shit I would have flown from Vancouver just for that. Would look great on my IG account

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=TST3BbW4-Us

It was in the heart of Toronto's financial district. A block north or so of the TD financial buildings. It was built by molson for some kind of beer promo prize where if you win you get to play with a pro or something. It wasn't a full size rink and it was a tad windy at times but fun at the same time. It had netting around the rink in case pucks go flying off to top of the building. Pretty cool experience. Only thing that sucks is there was no shower so you had to go home sweaty.

#20 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Yea I remember seeing the videos and the contest. Pretty cool experience none the less though!

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/