Photo

Adidas Practice - Dope or Nope

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Adidas Practice - Dope or Nope (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new praccys?

1. Yes, I'll take one in every color (21 votes [25.61%])

Percentage of vote: 25.61%

2. No they're brutal and 3.0s were better (21 votes [25.61%])

Percentage of vote: 25.61%

3. Kinda, they're growing on me (33 votes [40.24%])

Percentage of vote: 40.24%

4. DGAF (7 votes [8.54%])

Percentage of vote: 8.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thought I'd do this to help give some info on the Adidas praccy's as people have PM'd me asking about details. I'm comparing a size 56 in both the 3.0 and the adidas retail version.

At first won't lie, was totally against them because the design reminded me of the older center ice jersey, Olympic jersey or something that would be a price point jersey for a beer league team because it was so plain. But won't lie, after seeing videos/photos of camp they seem to have grown on me just a tad. 

Here's some detailed pics: 

gallery_1117_83_7175309.jpg

gallery_1117_83_465195.jpg

gallery_1117_83_2802893.jpg

gallery_1117_83_5549403.jpg

gallery_1117_83_6537375.jpg

gallery_1117_83_5262379.jpg

gallery_1117_83_5917103.jpg

gallery_1117_83_5939100.jpg

gallery_1117_83_163742.jpg

gallery_1117_83_16118.jpg

Fit and sizing:

I overlapped a 56 3.0 on top then reversed it so you could see any differences. The adidas is for sure 4-5 cm longer in the front and about 2 cm longer than the back of the jersey. If you notice unlike the 3.0 the adidas measures the same length both front and back when laid down flat as opposed to the 3.0 where the back is longer. 

The arms are more fitted and narrow on the adidas jersey and about 2 cm longer. (I should have used a brighter jersey to show the difference but you'll have to look closely at the photos to see the difference).

The body pit to pit is more narrow and fitted for sure as you lose about a few cm or about an inch. 

With the Adidas it lays on the ground perfectly flat vs. the 3.0 as the arm pit area has different cuts that pull certain ways for fit and arm bend. I thought this would make the Adidas jersey fit not as well as a 3.0 but it's not bad. 

This will be most likely a personal opinion in which one fits better as we all vary in body types.

Logos and print

As most of you all know by now logos are screen printed and not embroidered like 3.0. It's not your normal screen print like on the vintage champion jerseys or your t-shirts for instance. It's actually thicker and feels like a rubbery / silicone tacky material. Not sure how durable it may be but for you dryer people, I would hang dry these to increase longevity. 

The ring around the logo has been hit or miss for most people and I guess it depends on the logo in which ones fit better. Personally I would have liked to see the logo bigger on the jersey minus the ring. 

The NHL crest seems like it's been glued or heat fused pressed into the material, it's no longer a sticky tacky patch with stitching. There is no stitching and it's a plastic molded piece.

I'd say 3.0 still wins as we all like embrodery and can appreciate a nice crest. 

Material and Quality

It is made out of 100% polyester like the 3.0s. But the Adidas is definitely lighter. For kicks I weighed them on my postage scale. For the 3.0 weighs 572 grams and the adidas 452 grams not like it really matters. If you were to hold both in your hand the 3.0 feels way more durable and robust due to the style of knitting and they use. The adidas material feels a lot cheaper in my opinion. Maybe this will differ on the Canada made ones, but the indo one feels like a premier jersey except with a tighter knit pattern. I am pretty worried about durability and thread pulls on the Adidas. Thought it would feel better especially for what they're charging at retail. Adidas is charging way more for a jersey that seems to costs less to manufacture. Previous praccy's were $89.99-$99.99 canadian for reebok retail, this Adidas version is $149.99 cad. For instance, eliminating the embroidering and cresting, the grey area under the pits and adding trim on the bottom and sleeve ends and using a thinner and less material. But this is a typical business model, make it cheaper to manufacture and charge more.

If you're like me then you use the fight strap, not because I like dropping the mitts, just hate when the jersey tucks into the back of my pants when I’m playing. The fight strap on the adidas isn't that great. Seen better built ones on knock off jerseys. The buttons are half the size of the normal ones, the part that attached the strap to the jersey feels like paper.

Haven't had a lot of sessions to see how durable the adidas jersey is but by feel 3.0 definitely wins in this category. 

Color

It’s pretty royal blue. Matches my reebok socks very well so at least I don’t have to look for new ones  because the shade is off. I’m sure the white and black will match no problem but wonder if other teams yellows, purples, reds and other off colors will be similar.

Conclusion:

Adidas are not as bad as I thought. They’re light and have a different look to them. At the moment still like the 3.0’s better for durability, looks and design but I’ll put the adidas into the rotation for sure cause we all like new stuff right?

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#2 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

In the future I would really like to get my hands on a made in Canada version to see what the differences are, unfortunately i'll have to wait at least a year for that.

#3 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

This was a sweet post. I like the breakdown. Overall I agree that I like my 3.0s but if I had a chance to get my hands on a penguins adidas jersey I would for sure. Has anyone seen new adidas socks?

#4 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

One thing I do like a lot is that on the teams practice jerseys adidas did two color names and numbers on them

#5 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

I like the majority of the new adidas jerseys, Alittle off topic but does anyone know knoe if the junior leagues(ohl,Q) will switch to adidas

#6 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

I don't care about the screen printed, but if they could get rid of the fucking circle that would be a huge improvement. I mean, just look at how dumb the Maple Leafs jersey is: it says "Toronto Maple Leafs" TWICE. Like, GEE, I wonder what team that is?

Custom everything.

#7 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

They're hit or miss for me, and most miss. As a Bruins fan, I was happy to see that theirs is one of the better looking ones I've seen so far. I like the number squares on the arms. But I'll still take a 3.0 over these right now.

gallery_1044_1075_844611.jpg

#8 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

having used the WCOH praccys for ~3 months, I can safely say that I like them a lot and I'm glad they sell them at the retail level so that everybody can own one 

#9 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'd gladly take an adidas praccy over a 3.0 any day

#10 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

I don't care about the screen printed, but if they could get rid of the fucking circle that would be a huge improvement. I mean, just look at how dumb the Maple Leafs jersey is: it says "Toronto Maple Leafs" TWICE. Like, GEE, I wonder what team that is?

I totally agree with this. Leafs, Rangers, Oilers, Kings, Islanders, Capitals and Vancouver will be repetitive in their names.

#11 rover

rover
  • LocationNy

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the breakdown Mapleleafs 13.  That's pretty in depth.

Are all teams going to be sold at retail?  Only see a few.

#12 Adam

Adam

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Eventually yes. 

Got to see a MIC one, as one of the Sens prospects stopped by the shop and had his gear with him still cause they were changing facilities and he needed his skates rebaked. The canadian made ones are significantly "thicker" feeling for lack of a better word.

#13 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

I just got mine today in size Large (52). I'm 5'10", 155 lbs, and wear Super Tacks shoulders and elbows. The jersey fit perfectly over my gear. I can see the center logo wearing down over time for sure. But overall I'm happy with it. MUCH, MUCH better than the Reebok retail practice jerseys.

I think comparing this jersey to the retail practice jerseys is better than comparing to a 3.0. I'd compare a pro stock issued Adidas practice to the 3.0, but these are different animals. I'd take this jersey any day over the old crap retail ones I used to have.

#14 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

The more i see them, the more I really like them!

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#15 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

I just picked up an Adidas Sharks practice jersey. It runs closer to a 2.0 than a 3.0, especially in the shoulders and arms. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#16 Evanblake

Evanblake
  • LocationTri cities, TN

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

Not a fan of the fit in the elbows and shoulders when wearing pads. Too snug. Without pads its a nice jersey though

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Arms do fit smaller, I wear mid range elbows cause I don't really play anything that requires pro protection and they fit alright, I also own Jofa pro elbows and when I put the jersey on with those it's really snug. I wear a size large in elbow or size 6 in the for those of those curious. I believe anyone that wears big elbows like Jofas will have issues with tightness if they're a size large or up.

#18 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Here is the Adidas jersey compared to an Edge 2.0. The fit is very similar, with the Adidas being slightly slimmer and shorter. Both are size 56. 

9QlTPi8.jpg?1

#19 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

^Where did you get that? I've only seen Oilers, Habs and Leafs on icejerseys.com

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#20 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

I got it at the SAP Center store.

Here is a link for some on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/...PUaehWiaL1TTuBg