Photo

Warrior franchise gloves vs. warrior franchise 2.0 gloves

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

What's the difference between the Warrior franchise gloves and the warrior franchise 2.0 gloves. I'm currently using flame Russian gloves which I love. If I could easily get another pair of flame gloves I would but not so easy.

Btw I was not a fan of the ax1 gloves or the alpha gloves. Way too tight

#2 puckhead24

puckhead24

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

main difference is that the Franchise 2.0 has a "blooming cuff" where the extension is angled outwards for extended range of motion.

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

main difference is that the Franchise 2.0 has a "blooming cuff" where the extension is angled outwards for extended range of motion.

Even then it's not angled out all that much. I had to send my "blooming cuff" Franchises to Pat's for a cuff change because of this.

Custom everything.

#4 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

What's the difference between the Warrior franchise gloves and the warrior franchise 2.0 gloves. I'm currently using flame Russian gloves which I love. If I could easily get another pair of flame gloves I would but not so easy.

Btw I was not a fan of the ax1 gloves or the alpha gloves. Way too tight

Steve, the biggest difference between the AX1/Dynasty/Alpha and the Franchise is going to be whether or not they're made in Canada.  The overseas Warriors tend to fit very snug.  If you picked up a pair of 14W Franchises that were made in Canada and not overseas, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with the fit. 

You won't really find an appreciable difference between a Franchise and Franchise 2.0.  I've worn both and can't tell the difference.  There's some variations in the build that Pat at CPR, or even Ian here, could speak to.  But I doubt they'd be noticeable.

#5 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:15 AM

Steve, the biggest difference between the AX1/Dynasty/Alpha and the Franchise is going to be whether or not they're made in Canada.  The overseas Warriors tend to fit very snug.  If you picked up a pair of 14W Franchises that were made in Canada and not overseas, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with the fit. 

You won't really find an appreciable difference between a Franchise and Franchise 2.0.  I've worn both and can't tell the difference.  There's some variations in the build that Pat at CPR, or even Ian here, could speak to.  But I doubt they'd be noticeable.

who's Ian, another Custom / repair guy ? whats his email , CPR is always so busy with pro stuff.

#6 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

who's Ian, another Custom / repair guy ? whats his email , CPR is always so busy with pro stuff.

ibecks, he used to work at warrior before they shut down.

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#7 colins

colins

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Weren't the Franchise 2.0 a cheaper ($99) SMU for Sportchek in Canada? They weren't made in Canada, I think they were made in Philippines.

They were decent gloves for the price, but not really comparable to the original made in Canada Franchise gloves.

colins

#8 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Weren't the Franchise 2.0 a cheaper ($99) SMU for Sportchek in Canada? They weren't made in Canada, I think they were made in Philippines.

They were decent gloves for the price, but not really comparable to the original made in Canada Franchise gloves.

colins

There are Franchise 2.0's that were made in Canada. The ones you saw at SportChek may have been overseas, but all 2.0 were not necessarily overseas.