Photo

Bauer tongues

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone know if it's still possible to order a set of tongues from an apx2 skate? I've had issues with lace bite for years and the tongues from my apx2 are the best I've ever used. But they are starting to really fall apart and I need new skates and want those tongues. Thanks guys

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Does anyone know if it's still possible to order a set of tongues from an apx2 skate? I've had issues with lace bite for years and the tongues from my apx2 are the best I've ever used. But they are starting to really fall apart and I need new skates and want those tongues. Thanks guys

Call TSR, they ahve all the options and can install.  Best out there for bauer tongues IMO

IG: Fooj Media

#3 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Thanks bro!

#4 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

Have you tried the fat 1S tongue? I've never had lace bite with it

#5 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

I will look into that as well, thank you dude :-)

#6 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Fedorov has those on his Graf G75's! There must be something about that tongue.

#7 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

It's just a really thick plush felt tongue with a nice wide heavy duty plastic guard down the middle. For anyone with lace bite issues, I don't think you're gonna find a better option. Comrade Fedorov knows what's up!

#8 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

It's just a really thick plush felt tongue with a nice wide heavy duty plastic guard down the middle. For anyone with lace bite issues, I don't think you're gonna find a better option. Comrade Fedorov knows what's up!

Ask about double felt supremes with the thick plastic insert. Muzzin has them on his vapors, theyre so stiff that he wasnt wearing shotblockers for a long time, not sure if thats changed at all since

IG: Fooj Media

#9 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Bauer definitely wont have them in stock

Id find a used pair and take the tongues off them?

I personally like the 1X 2017 tongue.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116