Photo

Bauer 1X vs Trigger 2

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

Anyone have both and care to share?

I've been using vapor for years and love the way they feel. I like the crispy lively blade feel and the shaft dimensions.

I know ribcor is square shaft, I fondled it in the store, but how's the blade feel in comparison to vapor? I've read ccm hype about the soft to stiff toe graduation, but I'd love to hear input from someone who's owned both... which they prefer and why.

Basically I have $300 burning a hole in my pocket and I'm buying 1x lite or trigger 2 later this week

Thanks guys-

#2 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Anyone have both and care to share?

I've been using vapor for years and love the way they feel. I like the crispy lively blade feel and the shaft dimensions.

I know ribcor is square shaft, I fondled it in the store, but how's the blade feel in comparison to vapor? I've read ccm hype about the soft to stiff toe graduation, but I'd love to hear input from someone who's owned both... which they prefer and why.

Basically I have $300 burning a hole in my pocket and I'm buying 1x lite or trigger 2 later this week

Thanks guys-

For me its a no brainer .... 1X lite 

Used tons of sticks in the last few years and 1x lite is definitely on top or close to the top ...

1x lite will be ligther than the trigger 2 (you'll feel it right away in the store)

feel is pretty good on both but prefer the way bauer sticks release compared to CCM .

but if you hesitate on both ... idd go 1x lite 

#3 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

I only had a 2015 1X, not the Lite. But right now I use the Trigger2 and prefer it over the 1X. But I also really like the P30 curve which Bauer does not offer.

#4 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Sounds like you already made your choice.

#5 Chriss8899

Chriss8899

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

I have both as well. Don't have much game time with the lite yet .but im liking it better then the ccm to be honest , blade is a little more lively & seems to be a quicker release slightly

#6 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

I have not used the Lite but I have had several of the 1st gen 1X and 2016 as well as every Ribcore gen made. Personally I like the 1X better in any generation. I used to be a big Ribcore fanboi but after most recently using the Trigger2 PMT in 75 flex P28 I was underwhelmed. The puck feel is good but much more dampened than the 1X. The feedback I get from shooting is better with the 1X as well. I dont really care how stupid light a stick can be, frankly I think that they are getting TOO light. They are both good sticks but I would rather burn $300 on a 1X than a Trigger2

#7 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Great feedback guys thank you. 60pluswinger.. those are my exact specs so that's awesome to know you were underwhelmed by ribcor. To be honest the ccm just looks awesome and I like the blade texture and concave lower portion of the shaft. It just looks like a next level technology stick, but the vapors have been my go to for years so I'll try the new one. A couple guys showed up at a pickup skate today and they had 1x lite and said they liked it better than any other 1x. They were lefties or I would have taken a test drive

#8 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

I can’t speak for the 1X Lite but I’d even take a 16 1X over Trigger2. Don’t let all the marketing and technology mess with you.

#9 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:40 AM

Name a company that doesnt use marketing and technology to their advantage.

#10 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Name a company that doesnt use marketing and technology to their advantage.

No one ever said anything about companies using or not using marketing... I said don’t let it mess with him because most of it is rubbish. CCM RBZ line sticks have barely changed since the RBZ Stage 2. Tweaked hosels, cheap metal plates glued to blades and new paint jobs with tons of marketing doesn’t mean you need to bite. Educate yourself and do some homework instead of just slinging around $300.00 a twig for smoke and mirrors.

#11 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Fair enough, just sounded to me like you were implying CCM is the only ones to do it

#12 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Fair enough, just sounded to me like you were implying CCM is the only ones to do it

They all do. Kaner is in a first gen TotalOne 102 Flex tactile grip but all the kids think he’s using a 1X. He couldn’t be using anything less like a 1X.

#13 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

I agree with the marketing stuff. It bothers me too that they parade Kane around on everything Vapor when it's pretty common knowledge that he dosent use anything like it or even anything stick wise that Bauer has engineered in years. Laine should be the face of Vapor sticks.

#14 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

I agree with the marketing stuff. It bothers me too that they parade Kane around on everything Vapor when it's pretty common knowledge that he dosent use anything like it or even anything stick wise that Bauer has engineered in years. Laine should be the face of Vapor sticks.

Does Laine use a true Vapor? All the pics of his sticks I’ve seen say nonspecific stuff like “TEST-A” and such. I heard a rumor that Bauer made him a custom flex profile that matched the Warriors he was using in Europe?

Custom everything.

#15 MikeG1987

MikeG1987

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Yo I've also read that about his sticks. I would love to know his actual specs. I turned 30 this year and grew up with the last generation of players, but of all the young guns so to speak, laine is one of my favorites to watch

#16 pdw

pdw

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Ive had the first gen 1x and now the 1x lite. 

I actually preferred the older model. This newer model honestly feels really stiff to me and I'm struggling to find a good location for my hand to get a good shot off. I don't honestly know what it is. Maybe I should have went down to a 75 flex??

It was a warranty return so maybe they give you a wacky stick if its warranty lol... I find its like shooting with a 1S, which i can't do worth a damn. Just solid top to bottom 

Both 1x and 1x lite were 87 flex, P88 with 3/4 of an inch cut. 

#17 Chriss8899

Chriss8899

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Yeah I've had problems myself cutting bauers 77 flexes down . I stepped down to their 67 flex. Im 5'9 so varies . But I was a big ribcor/stealth cx fan prior . I can say after some time with the 1x lite its probably the best stick I've used to date .  

#18 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

Ive had the first gen 1x and now the 1x lite.
I actually preferred the older model. This newer model honestly feels really stiff to me and I'm struggling to find a good location for my hand to get a good shot off. I don't honestly know what it is. Maybe I should have went down to a 75 flex??
It was a warranty return so maybe they give you a wacky stick if its warranty lol... I find its like shooting with a 1S, which i can't do worth a damn. Just solid top to bottom

Both 1x and 1x lite were 87 flex, P88 with 3/4 of an inch cut.

Warranty return for a 1X Lite that broke? How long before and where’d it break? I wonder if stiffening up that hosel led to it feeling stiffer and tougher to load.

#19 pdw

pdw

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

Warranty return for a 1X Lite that broke? How long before and where’d it break? I wonder if stiffening up that hosel led to it feeling stiffer and tougher to load.

No it was a 1X, internal fracture was vibrating like hell. ANd I dont kow what it is with the lite... I just dont get along with it. Im gonna get out a few more times over the break tho and see if i can get used to it.

#20 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

No it was a 1X, internal fracture was vibrating like hell. ANd I dont kow what it is with the lite... I just dont get along with it. Im gonna get out a few more times over the break tho and see if i can get used to it.

Oh wow so you got a first GEN 1X and they replaced it with a Lite? Nice. Personally I felt that any Gen 1X was a good stick. Have not used a Lite though.