Photo

LH Pro Players with huge toe curves?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

I really wanna try out a huge Kovalchuk style curve, but I'm unfortunately LH. Do you guys know any pro players who shoot left with huge closed pocket toe curves so I can try to pick one up? I have no clue, so any help will be appreciated.

#2 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Shoot.... I had a left-handed Reebok 20k with an exact Kovy clone.  I got look through my old Photobucket account and see if I have a pic of the name bar.  I know it exists, though.

#3 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Here ya go.  D. Fox is the name.  Can kinda make out the stick codes.  It was more closed than an H28 and has less rocker.  I'm pretty sure it was an exact clone of the Kovy.

gallery_1044_1202_221935.jpg

gallery_1044_1202_358167.jpg

gallery_1044_1202_545431.jpg

#4 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Danton Heinen has a mean modified Kreps in LH 80 Flex here:

http://www.dkhockey....tom-nhl-heinen/

#5 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

That would have been perfect Kev, thanks for the name bar, that helps! 

Thanks for the Keinen also, but looking for a more closed pocket Kovalchuk style (if possible), I really want to make sure I mail my wrist shots 30 feet over the net

#6 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

I gave it a shot. No pun intended

#7 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

How about Marian Hossa??

Thats one heck of a huge toe curve

#8 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

https://www.prostock...-95-flex-stick/

#9 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

Hossa is pretty open at the toe.  I think what Chris wants is what I've struggled with on the p28, and that is control over the shot sailing due to the p28 to being pretty open.

That Fox stick I had was great for that control, but it actually had more curve than the p28 and I had trouble adjusting to that.

#10 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

Fedor Tyutin

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#11 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Im RH so its hard to judge but wouldnt the Malkin be something similar? Doesnt look like it has as deep of a mid pocket before the toe as the kovy but it does have the flatter toe rocker and looks more closed than a kreps

IG: Fooj Media

#12 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

https://www.prostock...-95-flex-stick/

#13 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Im RH so its hard to judge but wouldnt the Malkin be something similar? Doesnt look like it has as deep of a mid pocket before the toe as the kovy but it does have the flatter toe rocker and looks more closed than a kreps

Which Malkin? lol

I've seen so many variations from him.  From 75 flex up to 110, toe curve, no toe curve, open toe, closed toe.  Dude is a maniac...

#14 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

https://www.prostock...-90-flex-stick/

#15 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

I'm currently using Malkin 1S's, and it's not even close. Basically a P92 with a titch more curve. Then again, he probably has a million different ones.

#16 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Also Kev is bang on, I want that closed pocket for more accuracy if possible, I wanna see what those righties get outta the Kovalchuk. The Tyutin posted above looks almost identical, thanks Buzz! Might give those a shot if nothing else (non-CCM) pops up.

#17 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Also Kev is bang on, I want that closed pocket for more accuracy if possible, I wanna see what those righties get outta the Kovalchuk. The Tyutin posted above looks almost identical, thanks Buzz! Might give those a shot if nothing else (non-CCM) pops up.

Are you looking for the rockered toe also? Thats one big adjustment i noticed going from the e28 to the kovy, totally different shooting motion since the toe rocker is flatter.  Cant pull in as much

IG: Fooj Media

#18 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Rocker doesnt bother me, so either or. Just need a closed pocket, I can probably manage one way or another. I'll have to change the shooting motion for a deeper pocket either way, so I can manage I think. Just wanna mess around with it and see how it is

#19 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Base has Malkin in RH and LH, BC71. Closed toe but not much of a rocker I believe

#20 CAPS10

CAPS10

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Jordan Caron uses a pretty hefty hook (P92) style on his sticks, PSH has some...