Photo

Bauer Vapor X Advanced series? Top secret project?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

That’s honestly the worst

#22 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

Video #2

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#23 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

They’re going to run out of videos.

Custom everything.

#24 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

I wonder if Kane has a TotalOne painted as an Advanced ready for January 27th.  :LOL:

#25 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like a lot of good marketing to me. Why the limited amount too. If im in the nhl i like it. I want more! You'd think from a biz point of view the public would too. I don't know....seems to me this is a new stick with some new features and lighter and a really awesome marketing campaign. Just throwing my opinion out there.
Liddy:-)

#26 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Seems like the more of the same overpriced nonsense Bauer has been throwing at us for years.

Its hard to get excited about any of their junk when the latest offerings aren’t better than the Nexus 1000, Total One, and APX which retailed for 2/3 the price of the new versions

#27 Fatsauce

Fatsauce

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

P92 pattern only...

#28 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

BGP2B is still considered as a 1x lite stick ... probably a new taper some kind of an elliptical taper (just saying ;) )

Ah ok, thanks.

#29 Adam

Adam

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Sounds like a lot of good marketing to me. Why the limited amount too. If im in the nhl i like it. I want more! You'd think from a biz point of view the public would too. I don't know....seems to me this is a new stick with some new features and lighter and a really awesome marketing campaign. Just throwing my opinion out there.

I bet it has to do with cost of materials, hence the limited quantity and the astronomical price. Like Cavs019 said, it's really tough to drink this kool aid

#30 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

BGP2B is still considered as a 1x lite stick ... probably a new taper some kind of an elliptical taper (just saying ;) )

They did buy Easton sports about 3 years ago no? ;)

Sounds like a page taken from the golf industry with limited $1000 dollar golf shafts (at least i wouldn't be afraid of these breaking)

http://www.mca-golf....ts/x-series-x17

#31 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

(Tin foil hat on)

Easton had a sub 400 gram stick 10+ years ago

Bauer buys Easton and their technology

Bauer produces the "newest, latest, greatest, lightest, most expensivest  stick ever..."

69ee6ff0-b052-494a-90f4-99adfe87e3de.jpg

TPS was the first one there in 2003 with the XN10 before Easton got there.  

#threadcloser

#32 JC116_MTL

JC116_MTL
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

I doubt they just tore of a page out of the Easton elliptical book and copied it.

I think too many people would connect the dots if they see an elliptical taper close to that of the old Eastons. It couldn't be as simple as that. 

I guess we'll just have to wait two weeks and find out! 

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you absolutely have been found wanting. Welcome to the new world. God save you, if it is right that he should do so."

#33 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

I doubt they just tore of a page out of the Easton elliptical book and copied it.

I think too many people would connect the dots if they see an elliptical taper close to that of the old Eastons. It couldn't be as simple as that. 

I guess we'll just have to wait two weeks and find out! 

I just think this kind of taper will be part of this stick (not the only new technology)  :dunno:

#34 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

I don’t understand the obsession with light sticks like the lightest stick wins. It’s has in fact been proven that lighter isn’t exactly better for shooting and puck control. I don’t know about you guys but I’d say that the straw smacking the bowling ball feeling isn’t what I’m seeking in a stick. I’ve used the heavier stuff (team sticks) as well as the lightest stuff (QRL, 1X etc) and for me it’s not about the least weight but the right amount. Not too much, not too little. If 15 grams is making or breaking your game... your game needs more work than weight savings.

The NHLs best is still doing it with old tech.

Ovechkin G3 (ccm variants)
Stammer G3
Kane T1
Kopitar R3
Doughty S19
Kessel S19
Seguin A26
Marchand G3LRN
Crosby (old Sherwood tech)
Duchene R1
Tavares R1
Forsberg R1
MacKinnon R1
Giroux G15

I have a few buddies at the AHL/NHL level and when I ask if the 1X line is popular at the pro level the answer is always no.

#35 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

I agree with this^
Liddy:-)

#36 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

I don’t understand the obsession with light sticks like the lightest stick wins. It’s has in fact been proven that lighter isn’t exactly better for shooting and puck control. I don’t know about you guys but I’d say that the straw smacking the bowling ball feeling isn’t what I’m seeking in a stick. I’ve used the heavier stuff (team sticks) as well as the lightest stuff (QRL, 1X etc) and for me it’s not about the least weight but the right amount. Not too much, not too little. If 15 grams is making or breaking your game... your game needs more work than weight savings.

The NHLs best is still doing it with old tech.

Ovechkin G3 (ccm variants)
Stammer G3
Kane T1
Kopitar R3
Doughty S19
Kessel S19
Seguin A26
Marchand G3LRN
Crosby (old Sherwood tech)
Duchene R1
Tavares R1
Forsberg R1
MacKinnon R1
Giroux G15

I have a few buddies at the AHL/NHL level and when I ask if the 1X line is popular at the pro level the answer is always no.

I agree.

That being said, it does seem like that aforementioned BGP2B construction is catching on at the NHL level. Seems like a lot of guys are using it.

#37 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Well with the newest Advanced video they just posted up it definitely sounds more and more like this is going to be a retail offering of the BGP2B build.

Custom everything.

#38 JC116_MTL

JC116_MTL
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Well with the newest Advanced video they just posted up it definitely sounds more and more like this is going to be a retail offering of the BGP2B build.

That's right, was just about to say. It's for sure the BGP2B

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you absolutely have been found wanting. Welcome to the new world. God save you, if it is right that he should do so."

#39 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Wish i was LH, id grab all those Korpi's on psh

IG: Fooj Media

#40 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Adrenalin Sports in Calgary says they're getting 12 of these and they are calling it the Vapor Advanced Series stick...