Photo

Bauer Vapor X Advanced series? Top secret project?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

they have pretty much the same taper so im pretty sure kick point is similar ... been playing with the adv(BGP2B) 82 flex p92 for the last 2 month !

stick is definitely the lightest I've use , so stick handle and everything seems to be easier to do since its lighter ...

down side is definitely the blade feel and durability on the BGP2B ... after a few game pretty much all 3 stick lost their feel and feel kind of dead in the blade.
there is some weird foam noise coming out from the blade when flexing. (last time i saw something like that was on the first apx stick)

that being said , even with that lost of feel its still an amazing stick ... if they tune the blade a bit they might have the best overall stick ever ! After playing with those, its hard to come back to regular high end since they feel pretty much all blade heavy ... but weight is like my biggest factor on a stick ... some person are more picky on other specific thing , but for my self weight and balance is really important and their is no stick matching that balance and weight on the market right now. without even knowing the BGP2B construction , I've received the regular 1x lite that were really light and than receive those and right away i felt the difference.

Cool, thank you! I've got one of the 87 flex Korpikoski BGP2B sticks coming my way - I usually try to stick to 82 in Bauer but couldn't resist. Hopefully they don't play as stiff as Vapor used to (back in the x:60 days).

#142 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

This was my biggest takeaway, too. I normally use the A6.0 SBP which is another sub-400g stick but it feels *heavy* compared to the ADV.

Making the A6.0 feel heavy is absurd lol. Are yours 80 flex? If so how does it compare in stiffness to the 77 ADV you grabbed?

#143 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

Making the A6.0 feel heavy is absurd lol.

I know, it's stupid light. You wouldn't think ~30g is a lot but it really is.

Are yours 80 flex? If so how does it compare in stiffness to the 77 ADV you grabbed?

My A6.0s are 75 flex cut down about half an inch but they still feel like a TRUE 75 flex stick (from what I hear, TRUEs play whippier than their rating implies so I'd believe it). It definitely feels like the ADV is stiffer than the TRUE to be honest, but not by much.

Comparing the shooting of both, I'd say the TRUE is easier to load but the ADV has a quicker release, which makes sense since the SBP is basically a One95 and the Vapor is a Vapor.

Custom everything.

#144 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

This was my biggest takeaway, too. I normally use the A6.0 SBP which is another sub-400g stick but it feels *heavy* compared to the ADV.

Same story for me. Picked up my pro stock QRL (probably the next lightest stick in my collection) the other day after using the BGP2B for a while and it felt like a tree branch.

#145 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

My A6.0s are 75 flex cut down about half an inch but they still feel like a TRUE 75 flex stick (from what I hear, TRUEs play whippier than their rating implies so I'd believe it). It definitely feels like the ADV is stiffer than the TRUE to be honest, but not by much.

Comparing the shooting of both, I'd say the TRUE is easier to load but the ADV has a quicker release, which makes sense since the SBP is basically a One95 and the Vapor is a Vapor.

Ok cool. My A6.0s are 85 so hopefully I'll be alright. The last Vapor I seriously used was the x:60 that was the high end like 9 years ago, and 87 flex in those was like shooting with a piece of rebar to me lol

#146 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

The BGP2B I ordered came today, and holy shit,the weight is nuts. Probably more the balance than actual weight, but it's so blade-light...really interested to see how it goes tomorrow when I get some ice time.

#147 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Nino's^? If so I'm really curious about his curve any chance of taking better pics?
Liddy:-)

#148 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Nino's^? If so I'm really curious about his curve any chance of taking better pics?

Negative, I grabbed one of the Korpikoski twigs, which are pretty much a straight up p91/p15. Nino's were all gone when I decided to grab one.

#149 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Well, it's happened. I accidentally broke a guys new ADV in a rec game. He tried pinning me in the corner and I cut back the other way and when I went to kick the puck out I stepped on his blade and I knew it cuz I heard it crack. He played the rest of the game with it then afterwards when it was over and he peeled his tape off I heard him complaining to his friend that his blade was broken. Not sure how warranty works on "limited" sticks but hopefully he takes it back. I felt bad but it happens, same thing happened to one of my Super Tacks 2.0 sticks getting stepped on before, there's no warranty on pro stock so I was screwed lol

#150 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

That sucks, its been 30 days too. $400 down the drain...

#151 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

I asked my LHS if Bauer is replacing them and he said they have an inventory to honor warranty issues

#152 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

1. Don't wear underwear you'll be embarrassed for the people in the ER to see

2. Don't eat more than your SCUBA mask will hold

3. Don't spend more on a stick than you feel comfortable breaking

Solid life lessons. It wasn't a dirty play on your part, that guy knew the risk when he spent an asinine amount of money on an experimental stick

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.