Photo

BASE Hockey - We're looking for new curves!

Ovechkin Hull P28M Max height Barkov Gionta LT

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Poll: New Pattern Poll (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Which new patterns would you most like to see?

1. Max blade height (specify below) (22 votes [12.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.87%

2. More lie options (specify below) (11 votes [6.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

3. Warrior Gionta (15 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

4. Barkov Pro (23 votes [13.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.45%

5. Hull Pro (12 votes [7.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

6. Ovechkin Pro (20 votes [11.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

7. Kovalchuk Pro (18 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

8. Toffoli/Kesler/Setoguchi Pro (Drury + Toe kink) (16 votes [9.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.36%

9. Benn Pro (P92 + Toe) (17 votes [9.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.94%

10. CCM Bergeron/Landeskog P46 (3 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

11. Bauer P106 (2 votes [1.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

12. Laine Pro (9 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

13. RH versions of our LH pro patterns (BC15, Kaberle Pro, etc.), and vice-versa (3 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

Pretty cool idea to have a taller BC27. Only thing is, it would be massive and it would look pretty wacky haha! The blade is longer than a Lidstrom right now.

Perrons curve right is now taller than the original. Still could be a little taller to appeal to the masses.

#82 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

I think Perron dropped his modified Kovalev and is now using a modified Sakic. And to be fair, I don't think the Kovalev will ever appeal to the masses - it's a pretty unusual pattern, tall blade or not. Still, I'll definitely bring it up, and I agree it would be more usable with a taller blade, especially at the heel.

#83 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Perron also uses a pretty standard looking P28 curve now. Looks like he rotates between that and the P92ish pattern.

#84 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

I think Perron dropped his modified Kovalev and is now using a modified Sakic. And to be fair, I don't think the Kovalev will ever appeal to the masses - it's a pretty unusual pattern, tall blade or not. Still, I'll definitely bring it up, and I agree it would be more usable with a taller blade, especially at the heel.

It's still the same length, rocker, but taller. It is just shaped similar to a bc28 that is stretched out with a bigger pocket and more toe.

I got 3 versions, the other two are way more playable than the bc27. I just mean appeal more to the players who like this type of curve.

The only reason I brought up the other curves is because there was talks of making a taller bc27. In that case if that was going to be offered, there should be a another look at all versions.

#85 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

It's still the same length, rocker, but taller. It is just shaped similar to a bc28 that is stretched out with a bigger pocket and more toe.

I got 3 versions, the other two are way more playable than the bc27. I just mean appeal more to the players who like this type of curve.

The only reason I brought up the other curves is because there was talks of making a taller bc27. In that case if that was going to be offered, there should be a another look at all versions.

934310594_slide.jpg

Tough to be sure from photos, but that looks like a standard P28 to me. When he was in St. Louis last year it looked like he was just using a standard P92 as well. From recent photos it doesn't look like he's wielded any of his modified Kovalev's in quite a while.

#86 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Tough to be sure from photos, but that looks like a standard P28 to me. When he was in St. Louis last year it looked like he was just using a standard P92 as well. From recent photos it doesn't look like he's wielded any of his modified Kovalev's in quite a while.

Can't verify what he is using now but I'm talking earlier tacks. These are sticks I physically have and can donate if we needed it. I'm only 15 mins away from base headquarters.

I can email you pics flip if you want. Comparing it to bc28 bc27 etc.

#87 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

I think the bc14 could be popular if the toe rounded with a little but more rocker. Dual lie.

#88 Iskander

Iskander

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:51 AM

I can provide pics of the Perron pro I have currently.  Also, supposed to have a Benn pro in RH coming in the mail...I can post pics of that curve, too.

#89 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

http://en.cannonhock...tomleft-flex-90

Barkov mid toe slightly open.

#90 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

http://en.cannonhock...tomleft-flex-90

Barkov mid toe slightly open.

certainly has the right blade profile, shame it doesn't show the actual curve though

#91 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

They have TPS branding on them but are made in the Sherwood pro factory in Sherbooke, Quebec. The pattern is a cross between Kovalchuk and Kovalev pro patterns. It is a slightly more tame version (not as deep) of the original pro Kovalchuk curve but with the rocker of Kovalev.

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

certainly has the right blade profile, shame it doesn't show the actual curve though
In searching for the Barkov, I was always intrigued by the curve you created with those TPS blades. Not sure if there was something you didn't like about this curve but seems like a good mild toe curve with a nice rocker.

Having a NHLer to refer a curve too will obviously sell more though. Aka Barkov.

#92 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

In searching for the Barkov, I was always intrigued by the curve you created with those TPS blades. Not sure if there was something you didn't like about this curve but seems like a good mild toe curve with a nice rocker.

Having a NHLer to refer a curve too will obviously sell more though. Aka Barkov.

I still really like the curve, except i've moved to a slightly higher lie now (shorter stick).

#93 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

I still really like the curve, except i've moved to a slightly higher lie now (shorter stick).

Base can change the lie to accommodate everyone. Do you have one or did you sell them all.

#94 fatwabbit

fatwabbit

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Iā€™m already on the BC27 and got some spares a couple months ago. Would be interested in the Kovulchuk or Barkov, although the Hull does intrigue me.

#95 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

Base can change the lie to accommodate everyone. Do you have one or did you sell them all.

Pretty sure I have at least one one left. Honestly it seems kinda weird that people like that curve. I completely made it up, using curves I was using at the time as a base (no pun intended)

#96 Adam

Adam

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

Pretty sure I have at least one one left. Honestly it seems kinda weird that people like that curve. I completely made it up, using curves I was using at the time as a base (no pun intended)

I remember buying a few of the blades off you, not sure if they were sher woods or tps at the time when I was still in JR's. I loved it, decently high lie, moderate toe curve.

#97 turbo66

turbo66

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Benn Pro (P92 + Toe) in a righty version :P

#98 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

Looks like the Ovi is back on the table! Someone came in with an old CCM Crazy Ovi blade, and we're willing to copy it if we can get enough pre-orders. Anyone interested in a LH or RH Crazy Ovi blade or stick should message me ASAP so we can get this thing rolling.

For reference:

cKVkZyQ.png

QlhDISv.png

9lvWdtt.jpg

8K3G2q2.jpg

#99 WARRIOR17

WARRIOR17
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

McDavid pro would be pretty cool šŸ˜šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

#100 phawkes8

phawkes8

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

I'd buy a stick in a heartbeat if you did the Crosby pro!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ovechkin, Hull, P28M, Max height, Barkov, Gionta, LT