Photo

Are Sparx sharpeners really that good?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:27 AM

bringing back an old thread instead of starting a new one, im on the fence between a prosharp home and sparx sharpener....i am in canada so by the time a sparx gets to my door with extra rings i'm hitting near 2000$ CAD.. a pro sharp home is 2200$ and offers 2 extra rings and a travel bag. 
pro sharp rings are 135$ and sharpen up to 500 pairs
sparx rings are 75$ + and only do 50.

i am leaning more towards the prosharp home but i don't see many reviews on them.

#22 - M

- M

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:16 AM

What kind of volume will you be doing?  Where will the machine be stationed?

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#23 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:59 AM

What kind of volume will you be doing? Where will the machine be stationed?

Will have it set up at home. Probably around 20 pairs a week

#24 - M

- M

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:44 PM

Between the two I'd choose the Pro Sharp.  Longer warranty (3 years vs 1 year for the Sparx), less expensive to operate in the long run and you're getting an industrial grade machine.  I looked at both of these when I was in the market for a sharpener.  Not to derail the topic but I chose neither and bought a Blademaster portable instead. 

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#25 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:29 AM

I’m leaning towards pro sharp more then sparx, and I agree with the blademaster portable, but I won’t have the time or space to operate a blademaster portable. By the time sparx gets here to Canada with a few rings I’m at 2000$ cad the prosharp with 2300$ free shipping

#26 MontrealKid

MontrealKid

Posted 26 October 2020 - 11:26 AM

Hi, I am currently where you were at a few months ago. I am located in Canada and the price and amount of grindings per ring are making me lean towards the prosharp home vs the Sparx.

I was wondering which one you went with and how satisfied you are after a few months of usage.

Thanks

I’m leaning towards pro sharp more then sparx, and I agree with the blademaster portable, but I won’t have the time or space to operate a blademaster portable. By the time sparx gets here to Canada with a few rings I’m at 2000$ cad the prosharp with 2300$ free shipping