Photo

New Guy from Chicago looking for help finding new skates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jabears85

jabears85

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Hello everyone, super pumped to find this site. I’ve been playing hockey for 10 months and I’m 27 (been a hockey fan my whole life). I need some fucking help with skates, I’m tired of my feet hurting. I know the end of the season is right around the corner and I looking for any info or help on getting pro stock gear or good skates at a good price.

I’ve played with a bunch of experienced players and when I talk with them about my skates they consistently tell me I should be having that type of pain, that my skates don’t fit. Does anyone have info on where I can NHL or AHL skates? Recommendations for skates for wide feet? (Currently wearing vapor X4 size 9 EE)

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Welcome to the site! 

Definitely go to a hockey store to get measured and fit properly for boots. Try on as many skates as you can and don't be afraid to ask questions! Don't just buy 1.5 sizes down from shoe size, since all shoes and skates fit differently between brands and models. There are many different factors that go into skate fitting including width, depth, and volume of the boot. The Bauer Nexus line is designed for wide and voluminous feet, but like I mentioned before, try on as many skates as possible. You can PM me with any questions and I'd be happy to help out. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

welcome to sports2k :)

Visit your LHS, try on skates that fit you the best and buy them there, its probably your best option to make sure you get a skate you like.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 jabears85

jabears85

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

What’s my local LHS?

#5 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

What’s my local LHS?

Local Hockey Shop