Photo

CCM Pro Stocks pants

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#361 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

HP45 fit smaller than HP35, but larger than UCLP. The HP45X and UCLX are the same size as their non-X counterparts, but have additional hip and thigh padding. As a defenseman, I prefer the X-models. HP45X is my favorite pant right now (even though I'm currently using a 9K girdle and shell).

I am 5'10" and 155 lbs with a 33' waist, and wear a medium HP45X. In UCLX, I can fit a large (it's a little loose but comfortable), and a medium. The medium is much more snug.

Compared to HP35 and HP70, the HP45 and UCLP are very light. I weighed both X-models and they came pretty close to the same weight. The spine protector on both models sometimes will snag on the back of my Tacks 7092 shoulder pads, but I jersey tuck behind the spine protector which alleviates that problem.

For anyone worried that the HP45 or UCLP don't protect well because they are light, I've blocked shots wearing my HP45 and didn't feel a thing.

#362 kvanrooyan

kvanrooyan

Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

I have decided to go with my first pair of pro stock pants.

CCM hp1052 - are these equivalent to the hp502ECHL/hp30/hp35?

Sizing - I am 5'11", 210 lbs, 36" waist - L?

#363 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

HP45's are fine for protection in the front, it's the behind that is lacking. I got dumped on my butt and hit the ice pretty hard and I swear I limped for a good 2 weeks after lol

#364 dimpled

dimpled
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone know if the shade of navy on these pants is more like Toronto/Tampa navy or more like Caps navy?

https://sidelineswap...ous-sizes-13002

#365 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Does anyone know if the shade of navy on these pants is more like Toronto/Tampa navy or more like Caps navy?

I’d say it’s more like Jets navy....

#366 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:22 PM

Toronto / Tampa bay is more of a Royal blue

#367 dimpled

dimpled
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Toronto / Tampa bay is more of a Royal blue

So I guess a better question is whether or not the Jet's pants are uniquely hued or comparable to a different team? I'm colorblind so differentiating hues is difficult. 

#368 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Jets blue = midnight blue

Midnight blue is darker than navy blue (WSH, FLA)

#369 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Not sure if it's still a thing, but "Toronto Navy" used to be its own color between Royal (Habs) and Navy (Caps, Cats)

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#370 AnimalFear

AnimalFear

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Just picked up my first pair of pro stock pants.  CCM HP35s in black - senior small.  These things are so comfortable.  I'm new here, but appreciate all the info and am pretty sure I'm picking up an expensive new habit.

#371 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

Just picked up my first pair of pro stock pants.  CCM HP35s in black - senior small.  These things are so comfortable.  I'm new here, but appreciate all the info and am pretty sure I'm picking up an expensive new habit.

Haha ya sometimes I have to stop myself from going down the rabbit hole

#372 duckshawkey

duckshawkey
  • LocationAnacrime

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Probably a dumb question, but I looked deep in the thread and didn't see it asked and answered, but would HP45 uppers fit on HP70 lowers?

#373 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:26 PM

Probably a dumb question, but I looked deep in the thread and didn't see it asked and answered, but would HP45 uppers fit on HP70 lowers?

Pretty sure HP45 is a 1PC pant .

#374 tcraig1226

tcraig1226
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:11 AM

Correct. HP45 is one piece, UCLP is very similar imo and two piece.

#375 edo

edo

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:32 AM

My HP45’s are two piece, and the lowers and uppers are both HP45

#376 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

My HP45’s are two piece, and the lowers and uppers are both HP45

I see on PSH , some are listed as 2pc & others 1pc.

#377 duckshawkey

duckshawkey
  • LocationAnacrime

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Oh duh, I was reading the thread and had Hp45 in my head, meant UCLP.

#378 AnimalFear

AnimalFear

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

Has anyone else experienced HP UCLPs fitting extremely small?  

I've been in the market for some pro stock pants and have ordered a few pairs to get a feel for how the different models fit.  I picked up a pair of Devils CCM HP35s, a pair of Bruins CCM UCLPs, and a pair of NCAA Bauer Supreme Pros.  All of them are size Small.

The HP35s fit well in the waist and thighs, but the leg openings are a big baggy for me.  The Bauers are a little loose in the hips and baggy in the thighs, but the leg openings actually fit more snugly.  The HP UCLP pants,  however, are TINY!  At first it felt like I must have gotten junior smalls somehow.  It's crazy how much smaller they fit than the HP35s.  I'm only 5'7" and 145lbs, but these things don't fit me at all.

Did I get a weird batch or something?

#379 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Has anyone else experienced HP UCLPs fitting extremely small?

I've been in the market for some pro stock pants and have ordered a few pairs to get a feel for how the different models fit. I picked up a pair of Devils CCM HP35s, a pair of Bruins CCM UCLPs, and a pair of NCAA Bauer Supreme Pros. All of them are size Small.

The HP35s fit well in the waist and thighs, but the leg openings are a big baggy for me. The Bauers are a little loose in the hips and baggy in the thighs, but the leg openings actually fit more snugly. The HP UCLP pants, however, are TINY! At first it felt like I must have gotten junior smalls somehow. It's crazy how much smaller they fit than the HP35s. I'm only 5'7" and 145lbs, but these things don't fit me at all.

Did I get a weird batch or something?

You’re spot on, hp45s fit more to scale but not as big as the supremes. If you’re fitting a small in supremes, you might really like medium CLs

IG: Fooj Media

#380 AnimalFear

AnimalFear

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

You’re spot on, hp45s fit more to scale but not as big as the supremes. If you’re fitting a small in supremes, you might really like medium CLs

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't expect that the different models would fit so differently.  The good thing is that I can just return the UCLPs, so no harm done to my wallet.  My unicorn is a pair of Bauer Nexus pro stocks in small, which I have a feeling would be the best fit for me.  I'll keep my eyes peeled.