Photo

CCM Custom Skates

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

I was at my hockey store and were talking about the New release Super Tacks AS1 skates April 27,I was told that they will be releasing at the same time CCM will be releasing there Custom fitting machine,We will be be able to Custom order any skate from the CCM line up I asked about the 70k jr because they make them size 4 and up in retail
A bit expensive around $1400 cdn.

#2 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

I was told the same thing today as well from another LHS.

With that being said I think their custom fitting machine is just like the Bauer thing that tells people to buy the wrong skate for the shape of their foot.

#3 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

They told me CCM rep was there, the custom Machine will be used to order custom made skates
From CCM.The year before when the 50k were released CCM rep was there to custom fit my daughter size 3 but couldn't make them I Size3.They start size 5 and up,but if they can make them now a little expensive but they will be custom made for her feet,5 times a week on the ice maybe worth it,was thinking get the White 70k

#4 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

If the CCM customs were comparable in price to the TRUEs, I'd be very interested. However, TRUE still makes a custom last out of the scan of your foot. Is CCM going to be offering the same service? Or are they just going to scan your feet, say that you could wear an EEE/B sized skate, and then just make a compression-formed boot around a generic last with those measurements?

the Bauer thing that tells people to buy the wrong skate for the shape of their foot.

:LOL:

Custom everything.

#5 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

They told me CCM rep was there, the custom Machine will be used to order custom made skates
From CCM.The year before when the 50k were released CCM rep was there to custom fit my daughter size 3 but couldn't make them I Size3.They start size 5 and up,but if they can make them now a little expensive but they will be custom made for her feet,5 times a week on the ice maybe worth it,was thinking get the White 70k

Getting a custom made skate for a growing child is about the most absurd thing I’ve heard. Find a retail skate that works with their foot and save yourself time and money.

#6 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Getting a custom made skate for a growing child is about the most absurd thing I’ve heard. Find a retail skate that works with their foot and save yourself time and money.

#7 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Here we go with the comments.Before you start commenting and calling most absurd thing I've heard,have the Facts first,since you don't have the Facts shhhhhh.My daughter is 16 years old and
For a womans to grow anymore is Rare,

#8 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

If the CCM customs were comparable in price to the TRUEs, I'd be very interested. However, TRUE still makes a custom last out of the scan of your foot. Is CCM going to be offering the same service? Or are they just going to scan your feet, say that you could wear an EEE/B sized skate, and then just make a compression-formed boot around a generic last with those measurements?

#9 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

When I was at my hockey store he had a pair of them True custom made skates,the guy had bought them 3 months and the leather where they third eyelet was all cut should of taken a picture,but I have to hand it to True they sent him a New pair but had to return the damaged pair.

#10 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

#11 B.D.M

B.D.M

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

They said that the skates would be made from scratch,that's why I ask for the 70k they don't make them in retail is size 3.

#12 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

$1400 for junior custom skates? I somehow think the info you received is not accurate.

Its always been around for that price in Canada (+$150 over retail price) + price of skates + taxes.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#13 Adam

Adam

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

They will not be $1400, and their fit system is very very neat.

can't say much more at this point.

#14 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

I personally don’t believe true really creates a mold for every single person as they imply, it’s a very nice skate and fits great but I was under the impression they have many molds and go with what they have that is most similar to what you need. Which is what I imagine the custom CCM skate would be like or how Graf does thier customs

#15 nisselrm

nisselrm
  • LocationNorthern Virginia/ D.C

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

True has 100 lasts that they choose from. They don’t make a New last for each skate.

I’ve been tailed that CCM will actually be 3-d printing lasts based off their scans for each costumer. Will have to wait and see.

Always looking for 15" four roll/nexus gloves

#16 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

interested to see how this turns out.

#17 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

http://www.jerryshoc...r-custom-skates

#18 Adam

Adam

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

What people need to think about too is that with custom molds and digital scanning, 3D printing and having meansurements on file sure does a good job of eliminating storage space. Heard whispers about 3D printing slowly creeping in, interesting to see if that's how ccm is going to use the new custom fittings.

#19 Shogun

Shogun

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

Can we get custom FT1’s or is it just AS1’s?

#20 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

These sound great but do you need to go full custom if you want a 70K or want to dial back the height/stiffness on the AS1?

I don’t need an ultra stiff high cut ski boot that goes halfway up my leg.